Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Result: Tamil Nadu Agricultural University is the state agricultural university situated in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. The university has its genesis as an Agricultural School at Saidapet, Madras (Chennai) in the year 1968.
In the year 1906, the foundation stone of Madras Agriculture School was lead when Saidapet Agriculture school was shifted to Coimbatore. Later in the year 1920, it was affiliated to the Madras University and with time it emerged as Tamil Nadu Agricultural University.
The university offers 13 undergraduate courses, 40 postgraduate programs, 26 Doctoral Programs, and various diploma programs in its 11 campuses situated in various locations of the state such as Madurai, Coimbatore, Trichy, etc.
It has around 7501 students and over 1200 scientist and teaching faculty. Besides this, the university also offers various courses through its Open and Distance learning program facility.
Table of Contents
- 1 Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Result 2018-19
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Result 2018-19
All the postgraduate programs are offered under the faculty of Agriculture, Horticulture, Home Sciences, Forestry, and agricultural engineering. Currently, TNAU has 15 constituent colleges, 26 affiliated colleges, and 14 research stations various research programs are carried out throughout the year. University programs are organized on the basis of a “Semester Course Credit System”.
Taking about international and national ranking, for the year 2018 TNAU has been ranked 105 among BRICS by the QS World University Rankings. Nationally, it is ranked 40 in overall India and 25 among universities by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) for the year 2018.
For details about Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Result and exams, readers have to go through the complete article.
Overview of Tamil Nadu Agriculture University
|Article category||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Result|
|University||Tamil Nadu Agriculture University (TNAU)|
|Location||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu|
|Programs offered||UG, PG, diploma, Ph.D. and open learning programs|
|University type||Public Agriculture University|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online|
|Declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.tnau.ac.in|
Constituent Colleges of University
University has following 15 constituent colleges-
- Agricultural College and Research Institute Coimbatore
- Agricultural College and Research Institute Madurai
- Agricultural College and Research Institute, Killikulam
- School of Post Graduate Studies, Coimbatore
- Anbil Dharmalingam Agricultural College and Research Institute
- Agricultural Engineering College and Research Institute, Kumulur
- Agricultural Engineering College and Research Institute Coimbatore
- Horticultural College and Research Institute Coimbatore
- Horticultural College and Research Institute Periyakulam
- Horticultural College and Research Institute for Women
- Forest College and Research Institute Mettupalayam
- Home Science College and Research Institute, Madurai
- Agricultural College & Research Institute, Eachankottai
- Agricultural College & Research Institute, Valavachanur
- Agricultural College & Research Institute, Kudumiyanmalai
University Research Stations
TNAU has following research stations located in the various locations of the state-
- Agriculture Research Station
- Rice Research Station
- Regional Research Station
- Horticulture Research Station
- Sugarcane Research Station
- Maize Research Station
- Coconut Research Station
- Soil and Water management
- Pulses Research Station
- Information and Training Center
- Oil Research Station
- Hybrid Rice Research Station
- Tapioca and Castor Research Station
University Entrance Exam and Admission Procedure
University follows a “Semester Course Credit System”. The medium of instruction is English in the university. Admissions in the university are granted on the basis of the merit and marks obtained in the qualifying exam. For admission, students have to register through the online mode i.e. on the university website.
University Exams and Results
TNAU follows a credit system and students are awarded grade points. The “Controller of Examination” of the university is responsible for organizing exams, setting question papers, evaluation, assessment of the answer sheets, declaration of results etc.
Check the details about university exams and result mentioned below-
TNAU University Exams
- The university organizes mid-semester examination and ends term examinations for all the courses.
- Theory and practical exams are conducted separately for all the programs.
- The duration of mid-semester examinations for UG programs is one hour and two hours in case of PG programs. The term paper or final theory exam are all PG and D. programs are of 3 hours.
- Mid Semester exams for all the undergraduate programs are conducted in the month of October and November.
- The final term exams are conducted in the month of April.
- Students are also given a chance to re-appear in the exam. For the re-appearance exam, they have to register online.
To check the examination schedule students can follow the given steps-
- Visit TNAU “Controller of Examination” portal (mentioned above).
- Click on “exam schedules”.
- Choose the program.
- Click on the relevant course link.
- Check the schedule and save it for references.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Result
- University declares the grade chart for every college separately.
- The result for all the programs is released on different dates.
- The university displays the result on its official website. No hard copy of the result is sent individually to the students. Therefore, they are required to check the result only through the online mode.
- The Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Result for all the courses is generally displayed college-wise.
- The grade chart or result is declared in the form of pdf that includes the grades of the students of the particular programs.
- The grade card list of the students includes following information- Name of the college, course code, credit hours, year of admission, semester, ID No. of the students, Name of the students, attendance, Theory marks, practical marks, total marks, and grades points.
- The minimum passing grade for PG students and D. students is 7.00 and 7.5 respectively.
- Students are also given an opportunity to apply for revaluation.
How to check Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Result?
Students have to check the result through the Online Mode. For that students can follow the steps given below-
- Go to the official website of TNAU (mentioned above).
- Click on the “Examination link” provided on the homepage of the website.
- Students will be redirected to the “Controller of Examinations” page of the university.
- On the homepage, students have to click on “result” link.
- Select respective program among undergraduate, graduate, diploma and open and distance learning options.
- Select Course
- The result will appear in a PDF form.
- Save or download the result PDF for future use.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University,
Phone No. -0422- 6611200