Punjab University Result: Panjab University is a state collegiate university situated in the beautiful Chandigarh city. It was established in 1947 but was originated in 1882 at Lahore (Pakistan) and thus makes it one of the oldest universities in India.
After the partition of India in 1947 Punjab University was also divided into two parts and the spelling of the name of the university on Indian side was changed from “Punjab” to “Panjab” to distinguish between two.
University has a residential campus at sector 14 and 25 of the city. It has 188 affiliated colleges with regional centers at Ludhiana, Muktsar and Hoshiarpur cities of the state.
Table of Contents
Punjab University Result 2018-19
University offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, certificate, advanced diploma, PG diploma programs, distance learning programs in various fields like Engineering, technology, management, arts & design, education, Hotel management and tourism, science, commerce, language, law, medical sciences, pharmaceutical sciences etc.
Panjab University consists of 78 teaching and research departments, 6 constituent colleges and 15 centers on the campus. All the departments and centers are well equipped with a library and other facilities.
Punjab University Ranking
In international ranking, QS World University Rankings has ranked the university in the bracket of 801-1000 in the world, 201-250 in BRICS and 301-305 in Asia for the year 2018. It was also ranked 601-800 in the world, 135 in BRICS, and 114 in Asia by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2018.
Talking about National ranking NIRF has ranked the university 33 overall, 20 among universities, 42 in business/management, 59 in Engineering and 3 in pharmacy for the year 2018.
Panjab University has given many gems to India who has made India proud. Some of the notable alumni of the university include Dr. Hargovind Khurana, Dr. Manmohan Singh, Sunil Bharti Mittal, Kapil Sharma, I.K. Gujral, Vikram Batra, Kiran Bedi, Kapil Sibal, Sushma Swaraj and many more.
Move down in the article and get complete details and information about Panjab University exams and results.
An Overview of Panjab University
|Article category||University results|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Research program, diploma, certificate etc|
|University type||State University|
|Chancellor||Vice-President of India|
|Affiliations||UGC, AIU, NAAC|
|Campus Size||550 acres|
|Chancellor||Governor of Punjab|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online/ Offline|
|Declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.puchd.ac.in|
University Faculty & Center
Following are the various faculties and centers of the university-
- Engineering and Technology
- Medical Sciences
- Business Management and Commerce
- Centers & Facilities
- Collaborative Research Centres
- Constituent College
- Regional Centre / Study Centre / Rural Centre
- Design and Fine Arts
- Multi-Faculty Departments
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
Punjab University Entrance Exam
Admissions into Panjab University are carried out on the basis of merit or through various entrance tests.
Some of the main Panjab University entrance exams are-
- CET (PG)- It is conducted for admission into courses such as M.Sc., M.Sc. (Hons.), M.Com (Hons.), M.Tech, M.E, MCA, LLM, MBAfEX, MA, M.P.ed etc.
- PU-CET (UG)- For admission into B.Sc. (Hons.) and B.Pharma programs.
- Entrance for LLB 3-years course
- Hotel and Tourism Management Test
- Ed Chandigarh
- Phil and Ph.D
- Aptitude Test for admission into M.Sc., MA, B.A B.ed., PG Diploma course, Diploma course etc.
Some of the courses for which entrance exams are not required are as follows-
- Diploma courses, certificate courses, Advanced Diploma courses, M.Pharma, M.Tech, M.Sc., BA (Hons.) in Economics, Post MA Diploma course etc.
Important details about the entrance exams
- The entrance test is mainly conducted in the month of May/June.
- Candidates have to fill application forms only through the online mode.
- The result for the entrance exam is declared in July.
- After the declaration of result, qualified candidates have to fill an admission from within the specified dates.
Punjab University Result & Exam 2019
Panjab University follows a semester system and exams are conducted on a semester basis.
- Undergraduate exams in the university are conducted in September-October.
- University exams of postgraduate programs are usually conducted in the month of August-September every year for various courses and semesters.
- Exams for all the professional courses are conducted mainly in October-November for various semesters.
- University conducts semester exams for PG Diploma courses in the month of August-September and for Certificate course exams organized mainly in May/June.
- University authority declares the examination results on separate dates for various semesters depending on the examination dates of various courses.
- The result for May and August session is basically declared in the month of October.
- University declares the result on its official website. Students have to download the result from there only.
- Candidates have to collect their scorecard/marksheets after the declaration of result from the university.
The result of the students include the following details-
Name of the student, course name, semester/year, Mother’s name, Father’s name, Roll number, registration number, paper, paper code, subject, credits, total marks, CGPA, result status, obtained marks and instructions
To get updates about the university results, students are advised to regularly check the university website.
How to check the Punjab University Result
Punjab University declares the result on the official result portal of the university. Students are informed through the official website.
To check the result for various programs, students can follow the instructions given below.
- Students have to visit the result portal of the university i.e. http://results.puchd.ac.in.
- At the homepage of the portal, students have to select the session.
- Now, they have to click on the relevant option/ course for which they want to check the result.
- Click on the desired option and result will appear on the screen.
- Check the result and save it for future references.
Phone No.- 1800-180-2065, 2534818, 2534866, 2534813
In case of any issue regarding the given information, you are free to ask questions. You can share your queries with us through the comment box given below.