Odisha NMMS Result 2019: National Means cum Merit Scholarship 2019 for Odisha result (Provisional) has been declared on the official website. Candidates who will successfully be selected in the exam will be awarded a scholarship that will be distributed among 30 districts of Orissa. For this 3314 application were invited for NMMS Odisha for the eligible students who are studied in Class VIII of Government aided/urban local body schools in the state of Odisha.
Odisha NMMS Result 2019
For this NMMS scholarship test 2019, Odisha Directorate of Teacher Education and SCERT conducted an exam across their state on 3rd of November 2019. For this NMMS exam thousands of students who are studied in government-aided or urban local body schools applied. A candidate who will be shortlisted for the Scholarship will be awarded 1000/- Rs per month for four years from VIII to Class XI.
Update June 8th, 2020: NMMS Odisha result 2019-2020 released, Check here
Latest Update 22nd Feb 2020: Directorate of Teacher Education and Scert Bhubaneswar has released the provisional result of NTSE Odisha on their official website. All candidates can download it from the below link.
Check Here >>> Kerala Plus Two Result 2020
NMMS Selection Procedure
There is no syllabus for NMMS Odisha 2019 but there will be some questions asked which are totally based on the syllabus of class VII and class VIII.
Released Here >> CBSE 12th Result 2020 date
- The minimum marks to qualify for general category and SEBC are 40% in both the papers that are Mental ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
- For reserved category (SC, ST, PH), the minimum marks to qualify the exam is 32% aggregating both the subject MAT and SAT.
Points to be remembered if a candidate is shortlisted in Odisha NMMS 2019:
Check Here >>> TN 12th public Result 2020 Date
- Candidate who will be shortlisted for the scholarship will be awarded by a scholarship of Rs. 1000.00 per month for four years that is from class IX to Class XIth which is subject to satisfactory academic progress and continuance in institutions of eligible category.
- The candidates who are the awardee will be promoted from class VIII to Class IX on being eligible to get the scholarship.
- There will be no scholarship for the students who are studying Diploma or certificate level courses.
- If a candidate will continue his scholarship in class X and XII the awardee will be promoted from class IX to class X and class XI to class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (in which there is a relaxable of 5% for reserved category candidates).
- The candidates who are in Xth class need to score a minimum of 60% marks (for reserved category candidate it will be 5% reserved) in the examination or equivalent for continuation of the scholarship at higher secondary stage.
- Candidates who will be selected for the scholarship have to submit their continuance certificate and mark sheet of last annual examination which he/she attempted in the concerned school every year by 30th May for renewal of their scholarship. If it’s not done by the candidate then he/she shall be exempted from getting their scholarship.
- Proposal for award of the scholarship will be sent to the students who selected by the Headmaster of the concerned schools. Schools shall be uploading the bank details of the candidate through Nationals Scholarship Portal every year after examining the eligibility for the continuance of scholarship.
Merit List for Odisha NMMS 2019
- The merit list for NMMS Odisha 2019 depends upon the total marks obtained by the student in both the paper. Merit list will be different for each category. To be on the list candidate must secure more than the qualifying marks given above.
- As mention in the official notification, you need to score at least 40 % marks in both the paper for the general category which means you need to score at least 72 marks out of 180 but to qualify you need to score at least somewhere between 140 to 150 marks to be shortlisted.
- And for the reserved category it was 32% marks to qualify which means you need to score 58 marks out of 180 marks but to be shortlisted in the merit list you need to score somewhere between 95 to 105 marks.
What’s the eligibility criteria for NMMS Odisha 2019?
- The candidates need to score at least 55% marks for General, SEBC and 50% for Reserved Category (SC, ST, PH) in class VII Annual Examination or its equivalent.
- Candidate must be studying in class VIII during the current academic session, which is 2019-2020 in Government/government-aided/ Local body schools of the state.
- Candidate family income must not cross the limit of 1,50,000 Rs.(one lakh fifty thousand) only from all parental sources.
- Students which are studying in Government Residential schools like Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and residential Schools under ST and SC Development Department, KGBV etc. in which all expenses are paid and are not eligible for a scholarship under the scheme.
There is a state quota of scholarship for Odisha which is:
Jald aane wala hai CBSE Board 10th Results 2020
- The number of total scholarship is 3314 which will be distributed among 30 districts of the state.
- There will be a state-wise reservation of scholarship for SC, ST, SEBC and Physically Handicapped category candidates.
Some details of NMMS Examination Result 2019
|Conducting authority||SCERT Odisha|
|Date of examination||3rd of November|
|Total No. Of scholarship||3314|
|Total district (to be distributed)||30|
|Result date||8th June 2020|
Examination Subjects for NMMS 2019
As we all know candidate go through the following test scheme:
- Mental Ability Test (M.A.T) in this section it consists of 90 Multiple choice questions item which is having four alternatives from which one alternative is correct. This MCQs based on reasoning and critical thinking ability which are to be answered in 90 minutes. The question might be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern, perception, hidden figures etc.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) this section consists of 90 multiple choice question with four alternatives. This section based on Physics, Geography, Political Science and Economics which are to be answered in 90 minutes.
How to download Odisha NMMS Result 2019?
As we all know the Odisha has already published the answer key of the NMMS exam on their official website. So we can expect soon Odisha SCERT will be going to be announced their NMMS result we can expect it maybe January 2020.
If you want to know how to check your result online we will tell you about that in this section:
- First of all, candidates need to visit the official website of SCERT Odisha whose link is given below:
- After that, you will get a notification link in the home page about NMMS result
- Click on that link after that enter the details which it requires like your registration number /or twelve digit roll Number and D.O.B etc.
- After submitting all the details press the submit button and you will get your result on your screen. Take a printout of that result.
Download Odisha NMMS Result 2019-20