NTA UGC NET Result 2021: UGC National Eligibility Test result for NET Dec 2020 will be hosted by the NTA official website at ntanet.nic.in. NTA NET result 2021 can be check by submitting application number, DOB, and security pin number in the form online. NET is a national level entrance examination which is conducted by NTA twice a year. Candidates who have taken the NET exam can download the NTA UGC NET Dec result by providing valid login details. As the UGC NET Result Dec 2020 is published online, the direct link to view NET percentile and accessing result/scorecard has been shared below in this article.
Latest Update-: The result for the December 2020 Cycle are expected to be released on 8th June 2021.
In this post, we have tried to share all the crucial information relevant to NTA UGC NET 2021 such as result declaration date, medium and process to download NET scorecard, revaluation, check NET percentile certificates, etc.
- 1 NTA UGC NET Result 2021 Score Card
- 2 UGC NET Rresult Cut-Off 2021
- 3 How to Download/print UGC NET December 2021 Result?
- 4 NET Normalization of Marks
- 5 UGC NET Certificate 2021
NTA UGC NET Result 2021 Score Card
NET is a national level entrance test conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) on the behalf of University Grant Commission (UGC) to determine the eligibility of Indian citizens for the eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) & for Assistant Professor both in various reputed Indian Universities and Colleges. The NET result will disclose the qualifying status of the candidates.
Candidates will not be intimated individually about the UGC NET result. They have to get it from the official website only. In order to qualify the exam, candidates are required to obtain the minimum qualifying marks specified by the candidates for each category.
In order to be recommended for ‘JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor’ or only for ‘Assistant Professor’, candidates must have taken both the papers and have secured minimum 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for Unreserved (general) category candidates and minimum 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all reserved category candidates (viz. SC, ST, OBC (from NCL, PwD & Transgender category).
Candidates are advised to frequently check the official website for all the important updated related to the release of UGC NET result.
NTA UGC NET 2021- An Overview
|Name of the Exam||UGC National Eligibility Test (NET), June|
|Article category||UGC NET December Result|
|Conducting Authority||University Grant Commission (UGC)|
|Testing Agency||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam type||National Level entrance test|
|Frequency of exam||Twice a year|
|Certificate offered||Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor|
|Date of exam||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and|
17th May 2021
|Declaration of UGC NET result||8th June 2021|
|Mode of result declaration||Online|
UGC NET Answer Key 2021
After conducting the examination successfully NTA will publish its provisional answer keys for the candidates and if they have any objection then they can submit it within the time allotted and later they will release the final answer key. Have a look at the final answer key of Dec-21
NTA UGC NET final answer key – December 2021
Information mentioned on UGC NET Result Card
NET online result sheet will be showing following particulars about the candidates and their performance in the exam-
- Exam month (i.e. Dec 2020)
- Name of the candidate
- NET roll number
- Application number
- QR code
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- PwD status
- Subject with subject code
- No. of registered and appeared candidates in the respective subject
- Applied for
- Maximum marks in paper I and Paper II
- Marks obtained in each NET paper
- NET Percentage of marks in each paper
- NET Percentile score
- Total marks
- UGC NET Result status (qualified or not qualified)
UGC NET Rresult Cut-Off 2021
After the release of NET result, NTA will also publish Category-wise cut-off marks for all the subjects. NET UGC cut-off marks will be fixed on the basis of total candidates appeared, normalization of marks, marking scheme, the difficulty level of exam, etc.
Cut-off marks for Assistance Professor, JRF and for both Jrf & Asst. Prof. will vary. It means candidates are required to satisfy cut-off marks criteria fixed for both the certificates individually.
Previous year cut-off marks will give candidates an insight to the upcoming NET result. The cut-off marks pdf will indicate information such as names of all the subjects with respective code, category, total and cut-off for Assistant professor and cut-off along with total marks for Jrf & Assistant professor.
Cut-off marks for NET December 2021 will be updated here.
If you have forgotten login details, you can find information from UGC NET admit card.
How to Download/print UGC NET December 2021 Result?
NET UGC result will be made available for students only through the online mode and therefore, they have to check it by visiting the official website of NTA. The easy steps shared below will help NET candidates to access their result with ease.
- Step 1 – Go to the official website – Candidates are required to visit the official UGC NET portal (https://ntanet.nic.in) first. If they wish they can also click on the direct link shared below. The link will be redirected to official the result login page.
- Step 2 – Open the NET result link – Candidates have to click on “Result” link given on the homepage of the portal.
- Step 3 – Login page appears – On clicking the relevant option, result search page will open.
- Step 4 – Fill details – Now, candidates are required to enter their registration no., date of birth, and security pin. Check the entered details once again and click on the “Submit” button.
- Step 5 – Result Appears – Finally, desired result sheet will appear. Check all the information mentioned in it carefully.
- Step 6 – Save and Print – At last, candidates can download and take the printout of the result sheet by clicking on the “Print” button given on the top right side of the UGC NET result sheet. Keep the result safe for future references.
Click Here to Check NTA UGC NET Result 2021 Through Application Number and Password (Available Soon)
Revaluation of NET Result
As UGC NET is conducted in online mode, the evaluation process is done through computer-based systems which ensures transparency and elimination error. Hence the evaluation process is error-free. However, to maintain transparency, NTA also have a provision for display of answer keys, response sheets, and submission of challenges against the answer keys.
This leads to the elimination of biases and errors in the evaluation system. There will be no provision of revaluation, rechecking of answer scripts, and retotalling of marks, etc. This is the reason that the result published by the agency will be final and no correspondences regarding the same will be entertained under any circumstances.
Validity of UGC NET Result/ Certificates
Candidates will receive two certificates as per their applications viz. NET certificate for the award of Junior Research fellowship and certificate for lectureship (i.e. Assistant Professor).
Talking about the validity of these certificates, JRF certificate will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue whereas for the Lectureship certificate there is no validity period.
UGC NET Result June 2021 Dates
|NET Events/ Activities||Dates|
|Application process||2nd February 2021 to 2nd March 2021|
|Date of exam||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and|
17th May 2021
|Display of final answer key||Available Soon|
|Declaration of NET June 2021 result||8th June 2021|
NET Normalization of Marks
NTA NET exam was conducted multiple dates and in two slots/sessions each day. The question paper in each session was different through which some candidates get benefitted and some get the disadvantage due to the variation of the level of difficulty of the questions paper.
To avoid such a situation in NTA UGC NET June result, a procedure of normalization of marks on the basis of percentile score is used. It ensures that candidates neither benefitted nor disadvantaged with the variation in question paper difficulty level.
Normalization will be done on the basis of percentile scores of the candidates. While preparing result and determining the merit of the candidates, normalization of percentile scores of the candidates will be done. Raw marks obtained by the candidates will be converted to percentile score
The formula used for calculating percentile score is as follows-
Percentile score = 100 X No. of candidates appeared in the “session” with raw scores equal or less the candidates/total no. of candidates appeared in the “session”
UGC NET Certificate 2021
After the publication of result/ scorecard, University Grant Commission (UGC) will issue e-certificates to the qualifying the NET exam. candidates can get their e-certificates within one month of the declaration of result.
Qualified candidates can download NET certificates by following the steps shared below-
- They have to visit the official portal of UGC National Educational Testing Bureau i.e. https://ntanet.nic.in/
- They will see three options under the heading “Download E-certificate”.
- Click on “Click here to Download e-certificate of UGC NET form December 2020 onwards” option.
- In case candidates have to not generate their password through OTP they have to generate it first by following the given instructions.
- After generating a password enter all the necessary details to download the certificate.
- Take the printout of the certificate and retain it in a safe place.
NTA UGC NET Dec 2021 Result- Key Points
- The result date is 8th June 2021.
- The NET result will be updated online.
- Candidates must be ready with all the login details to open the result sheet.
- The result will not be communicated individually to any candidate.
- No hard copy of the result will be dispatched to candidates through post.
- The result will be final and there will be no provision for revaluation of result.
- After the publication of result, UGC NET certificates will be issued to qualified candidates.
Before moving ahead, candidates can have a look at the highlights of NET June-20 and once Dec 2020 data is available we will update the same here-
|Total No. of candidates applied||9.42 lakhs|
|Total candidates appeared for exam||681718|
|Total examination cities||615|
|Total examination centers||237|
|No. of jammers installed in each shift||3800|
|Centers with CCTV surveillance||600|
NTA UGC NET result is out on 8th June 2021.
www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in is the official website where result has been released.
There is no exact time of result announcement.
Hope you have understood everything related to UGC NET 2021 if you have a question or facing any problem related to downloading of UGC NET Scorecard/Result file, then you can comment below. Our helpful team will assist you with it. All the best of UGC NET result!