NEST Result 2020 @nestexam.in: The NISER (National Institute of Science Education and Research) Bhubaneshwar and Mumbai University- Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai jointly conducts National Entrance Screening Test i.e. NEST. The NEST 2020 Result will declared on
10th October 13th October 2020. The NEST 2020 Exam Result will declare on the official website.
In this article, we will be telling you about the NEST 2020 Examination Result. Please go through the article to have the latest updates regarding the counselling, seat reservation and much more.
Update: NEST 2020 result is going to be released on 12th October 2020. Result link will be updated below.
NEST Result 2020 Complete Details
The candidate seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneshwar and UM-DAE CEBS have to appear for the NEST Examination. A huge number of applicants apply for this entrance test. The test will be conducted in 90 cities across India. For more information, the candidates can refer to the admission brochure of NEST 2020.
The merit list is prepared by the conducting authority for providing admissions to the qualified candidates based on the marks secured by the candidates. The candidates clearing the examination with high marks will be shortlisted in the merit list.
When will the NTSE Result be declared?
The examination for the National Entrance Screening Test will be commenced on
6th June 2020 29th September. The result of the examination will be declared on the official portal on 10th October 2020 12th October 2020 13th October 2020. Candidates can view their result by logging to the official website through registration number and password provided to them at the time of online registration. We have mentioned the steps to download/view the result. Candidates can follow the procedure so that they can access to view the result without any hassle.
Please go through the article, to know more about the qualifying marks, seat matrix, counselling process and much more. Also, follow the page to never miss an update regarding all the details of the NEST 2020 Examination.
NEST 2020 Cut Off Scores
The candidates have to clear the cut off prescribed by the authority. The candidates clearing the cut off will be shortlisted for admission to the integrated MSc programs. The table below depicts the cutoff set by the authority. Please refer to the table for category wise cut off-:
|General (UR)||95 percentile|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||90 percentile|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)/Schedule Caste (SC)/ Divyangjan||75 percentile|
What is the difference between Percentile and Percentage?
Most of the candidates have the perception that both words are the same. However, they have a different meaning. Let us know more about the Percentile and the Percentage terms.
In simple words, it can be stated that the Percentage means out of 100 while Percentile means if the entire range of students is divided into 100 groups, which group do you belong to.
Check >>> New National Education Policy
In reference to the NEST 2020 Examination, if a candidate has scored 90 percentile. It means your score is better than 90% of the applicants. You may have scored 150, but 90% of the applicants are below that score.
Tie Break Rules for NEST 2020
The case in which two or more candidates secures the same marks and if there is the only one seat for admission then Who will be shortlisted?
To know the answer to the above question please refer to the key points for the article below-:
- If the scores of two or more candidates have similar marks, then the marks of the candidate scoring a higher score in the general section will be considered.
- If again the scores remain the same then the particular marks of each section will be compared.
- If the sectional marks also remain similar then the authority will compare the Intermediate percentage of the candidate.
Steps to check NEST Result 2020
After the declaration of the result, the candidate will be looking for the procedure to download the scorecard. However, we have provided direct links in the article to view/download the scorecard. Candidate can also follow the steps to download the NEST 2020 Result.
- The candidate have to browse to the official website of NEST @nestexam.in
- The link will appear on the screen with the keyword “NEST 2020 Result”.
- Click on the link.
- Enter your credentials i.e. User ID and Password (generated at the time of registration).
- If the candidate has lost their password, click on forgot password the password reset link will be sent to your registered Mobile no. /Mail ID.
- Download the result, take a copy of the result for future references.
NEST 2020 Important Details
The essential details about the NEST 2020 Examination are mentioned in the table below. Candidates can refer the post to get important links of the examination. The aspirant can access to the direct links without any hassle.
|Authority||NEST (National Institute of Science Education and Research)|
|Name of examination||NEST 2020|
|Online application starts on||7th January 2020|
|Last date for applying online||3rd April 2020|
|Download of Admit card|
|Result declaration date|
|Apply online||Closed Now|
|Login (Registered Candidates)||Click Here|
|NEST 2020 Brochure||Click Here|
Essential Information Mentioned on NEST 2020 Result
The details mentioned in the NEST 2020 Scorecard are listed in the table below-:
|Percentile||Date of Birth||Qualify Status||Examination Date||Sectional Cut off marks|
Seating Availability for NEST 2020
As per the NEST 2020 Brochure, the Seat availability for admission at NISER and CEBS in the year 2020 category wise is mentioned below-:
|Divyangjan||5% seat in each category||5% seat in each category|
|Total proposed intake||200||57|
To be eligible for the admission, the candidate has to score more marks than the minimum admissible percentile in total (general section + three best-scored subjects). The candidate scoring less than the MAP would not be allotted any merit rank and will not be eligible for admission.
NEST 2020 Merit list preparation
The article mentioned below states the important points for the preparation of the merit list in the National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2020.
- The Merit lists for NISER and CEBS will be prepared separately.
- The merit list calculation will be performed on marks obtained in the general section and (best) three subject sections, the total marks for NEST 2020 become 180 (30 + 50 x 3 = 180).
- The Section-Wise Minimum Admissible Score (SMAS) will be considered as 20% of the average of the best 100 scores in that section.
(For instance, in the physics section if the average of the best 100 scores is 40 out of 50, then the section-wise minimum admissible score would be 40*0.20= 8 marks, and the process is the same for other sections too.
- The values of SMAS for different sections can be of different numeric values.
- The SMAS for the two sessions, for any particular section, can be of different numerical value.
(a) SMAS in general section is mandatory for entering the merit list of NISER and CEBS.
(b) For NISER: SMAS in all 4-subject sections is mandatory, in addition to the general section.
(c) For CEBS: SMAS in any three-subject sections is mandatory, in addition to the general section.
NEST 2020 Counselling/Admission Procedure
The status for counselling will be updated on the official website of NEST 2020, after the commencement of result. The authority has not yet declared any update regarding the counselling/admission process. The candidates qualifying the entrance examination to get admission for the Integrated MSc programmes in the field of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics are eligible for the counselling round.
The date of counselling following the venue will be uploaded in the portal. We will update you as the authority updates the counselling status on the portal. The admission will be according to the merit list. The candidates are requested to carry the following documents to the counselling venue so that the authority does not face any problem in the verification process.
List of essential document needed at the time of Counselling process
- Candidates are advised to bring all original educational certificates including mark sheet, transfer certificate and character certificate from the school.
- Candidates who are from the reserved category (SC, ST and OBC) are advised to carry essential caste certificate to the counselling venue.
- Candidates belonging to the Divyangjan category should carry Medical certificates issued by the medical officer in the counselling venue.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Aadhar Card (any identity proof issued by the Central Government)
- Admit card.
- Scorecard/ Result.
Address for Correspondence NEST 2020
The candidates having any query regarding the NEST 2020 Examination can refer to the address given below. The query can be sent through the post.
Chief Coordinator, NEST 2020
NALANDA Building, UM-DAE CEBS
Opposite: Nano Science Building
University of Mumbai, Vidyanagari
For a quicker response, the candidate can also mail their doubts to email@example.com