Kashmir University Result: University of Kashmir is a state university in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. It was founded in 1948 as the University of Jammu and Kashmir but later in 1969, it was bifurcated into University of Jammu and University of Kashmir.
Since its inception, university has grown into one of the largest universities in the state. It has around 150 affiliated colleges, 14 faculties/school and 47 departments through which it offers certificate, diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and various research programs.
Table of Contents
Kashmir University Result 2018-19
University has been ranked 47 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2018. QS BRICS has also ranked the university 150 for the year 2018.
In this article, you will get information about the university results that include result schedule, procedure to check result and other important instructions related to it.
An overview of Chandigarh University
|Article category||University results|
|University||University of Kashmir|
|Location||Hazratbal, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir|
|Chancellor||Governor of J&K|
|Courses offered||UG, PG and research/doctorate programs|
|University type||State University|
|Campus Area||247 acres|
|Academic system||Semester system (CBCS) and annual session|
|Affiliated colleges||149 plus|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online/Offline|
|Mode of declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.kashmiruniversity.net|
University of Kashmir Schools and Departments
Below we have shared the complete list of all the university schools and departments under them-
School of Arts, Languages and Literature
- Department of Arabic
- Department of Urdu
- Department of Kashmiri
- Foreign Languages
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Persian
- Department of Hindi
School of Business Studies
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Economics
School of Social Sciences
- Department of History
- Department of Shah-i-Hamada Institute of Islamic Studies
- Media Education Research Center (MERC)
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
- NESCO Madanjeet Singh Institute of Kashmir Studies
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Library & Information Sciences (LIS)
School of Education & Behavioural Science
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Education
- Directorate of Physical Education & Sports
School of Dentistry
School of Medicine
School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
School of Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Department of Geography and Regional Development
School of Unani & Ayurvedic Medicine
School of Law
- Department of Law
School of Biological Sciences
- Department of Botany
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Clinical Biochemistry
School of Applied Sciences & Technology
- Department of Computer Sciences
- Department of Electronics & Instrumentation Technology
- Directorate of IT & SS
- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Institute of Home Sciences
- Department of Food Science & Technology
- University Science Instrumentation Centre
School of Engineering
- Institute of Technology, Zakura
School of Open Learning
Apart from the aforementioned schools of studies, university also have following research centres through which it provides education and training to the research scholars enrolled in the university. Following are the research centres of the university-
- Bio-informatics Centre
- Centre for Sheikh-ul-Alam Studies (Markaz-i-Noor)
- Centre for University Society Interface (CUSI)
- Centre of Biodiversity & Plant Taxonomy
- NewGen IEDC ( Incubation Centre)
- Population Research Centre
- Centre of Central Asian Studies
- Iqbal Institute of Culture and Philosophy
- State Resource Centre
- Centre of Research for Development(CORD)
- Department of Biochemistry, Govt. Medical College
- Educational Multimedia Research Centre(EMMRC)
- Women’s Studies Centre
University of Kashmir Admission Procedure
- Admissions to the University of Kashmir are done on the basis of entrance exams as well on the basis of merit in qualifying exams.
- Admissions to MBA, M.Tech., M.Pharma, B.Tech., IMBA (Integrated MBA) is made on the basis of scores in CMAT, GATE, GPAT, JEE (Main) and UGAT respectively.
- Admissions in the university are open to all national and international students.
- Candidates desirous to obtain admission in the university are required to fill an online application form available at the university website. After filling the online applications, they have to submit the printed copy of application along with all the documents in the concerned university department.
University of Kashmir Exams and Results
Controller of the examination is the department of the university that takes care of all the university exams and results. Exams in the university are conducted on the basis of semester system and annual sessions.
Find detailed information about university examination schedule and results in the article below-
University of Kashmir Exams
- Under the semester system, the end term exams for odd semesters are conducted in December whereas even semester exams are conducted in June-July.
- Annual exams for BDS, MLT, and BUMS are organized in the December.
- It is compulsory for all the students enrolled in university campus and affiliated colleges to submit an online examination form with prescribed fee.
- Once the examination registration procedure is over, university issue Admit cards to all the registered candidates.
- Students are advised to be present with a valid admit card at the premises of the examination center. This is because no student is allowed to write the exam without an admit card.
Kashmir University Result
- University of Kashmir declares all the results on specified dates and notify students through its online portal.
- The results for Odd semesters and even semester exams are generally declared in the month of December/January and May/June respectively.
- No other medium of publication of results is applicable.
- University publish all the updates related to university results on its websites. Students are advised to regularly visit the website as no student is being informed separately by the university.
- The result sheet published online includes the name of the student, roll number, college, courses, year/semester, credit (CBCS), marks obtained, total marks, result etc.
- Supplementary/Biannual exams are also conducted after declaration of the result. Students can also apply for revaluation of answer sheets if they are not satisfied with the evaluation and result.
- The result of revaluation of the candidates is final.
- University supply the marks statement/ mark sheets to the successful students within 10 days of the day of declaration of the result
How to check University of Kashmir Results?
- Visit www.kashmiruniversity.net.
- Click on the “Examination” tab on the homepage.
- Select the results option.
- Click on the respective result link.
- Select criteria, college and click on print button.
- Result appears on the screen.
- Save and take a printout for references in future.
University of Kashmir,
Jammu & Kashmir,
Phone No.- 0194 227 2100
Fax- 0194 – 227 2096