Kannur University Result: Kannur University is state university in the state of Kerala. It was established in the year 1996 under an Act No. 22 of 1996 of the Kerala Legislative Assembly. KU has various campuses spread in various locations of the state viz. Kannur, Kasargod, Thalassery, Mananthavady, Kanhangad, and Payyannur.
It has around 144 affiliated colleges which include various professional, training, Ayurveda, aided, un-aided, Medical, Dental, Nursing, Pharmacy etc. colleges. It offers number of diploma, certificate, undergraduate and postgraduate programs through its 17 different faculties and 24 teaching departments. Apart from offering regular courses in its campuses and affiliated colleges, university also offers various programs through distance education mode.
Table of Contents
- 1 Kannu University Result 2018-19
- 1.1 An overview of Kannur University
- 1.2 Kannur University Faculty
- 1.3 Kannur University Departments/Schools
- 1.4 Kannur University Odd/Even Semester Exams Results Date/Status
- 1.5 Kannur University Admission Procedure
- 1.6 Kannur University Exams and Results
Kannu University Result 2018-19
In this article, readers will find all the necessary information related to Kannur University result which includes result schedule for various courses, result download procedure, and related information.
An overview of Kannur University
|Article category||University results|
|Chancellor||Governor of Kerala|
|Courses offered||Diploma, UG, PG programs|
|University type||State University|
|Affiliations||UGC and AIU|
|Academic system||Semester and Annual system|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online|
|Mode of declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.kannuruniversity.ac.in|
Kannur University Faculty
University has following faculties-
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Language & Literature
- Social Science
- Faculty of Commerce & Management Studies
- Modern Medicine
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Communication
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Sport Science & Education
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Fine Arts
- Faculty of Dentistry
Kannur University Departments/Schools
- Department of Anthropology
- Studies in English
- Department of Economics
- Biotechnology and Microbiology
- Department of Law
- Management of Studies
- Department of Teachers Education
- Information Technology
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Statistical Sciences
- Department of History & Heritage Studies
- Mass Communication & Journalism
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Environmental Science
- Rural & Tribal Sociology
- Department of Molecular Biology
- Department of Malayalam
- Department of Zoology
Kannur University Odd/Even Semester Exams Results Date/Status
|Courses||Result Date/ Status|
|UG 2nd Semester||30th June 2019|
|UG 4th Semester||30th April 2019|
|UG 6th Semester||30th April 2019|
|B.Ed Degree 2nd Sem||15th May 2019|
|B.Ed Degree 4th Sem||10th May 2019|
|PG 2nd Semester||30th June 2019|
|PG 4th Sem||30th April 2019|
|PG Courses with Entrance/ PG 2nd Sem||4th May 2019|
|PG 4th Sem||30th May 2019|
|MCA 5th Semester||18th May 2019|
|MBA 2nd Semester||14th June 2019|
|MBA 3rd Sem||18th March 2019|
|MBA 4th Semester Result||7th August 2019|
|MCA 2nd Semester||1st July 2019|
|MCA 3rd Sem||23rd March 2019|
|MCA 4th Semester||31st August 2019|
|MCA 5th Sem||25th February 2019|
|MCA 6th Sem||12th July 2019|
|UG Distance 1st Year Result||30th June 2019|
|UG Distance 2nd Year Result||30th June 2019|
|UG Distance 3rd Year||22nd May 2019|
|PG Distance 1st Year Result||3rd July 2019|
|PG Distance 2nd Year Result||5th July 2019|
Kannur University Admission Procedure
- Admission to the university are made through entrance exam conducted by the university and merit in the qualifying exam.
- Admissions into few PG and MBA programs are conducted on the basis of entrance exam. The entrance test is generally conducted in last week of May.
- University issue admission notification through its website in the month of May for UG programs, in June for B.Ed. & PG (without entrance at affiliated) and in the month of April for PG (with entrance at teaching dept.).
- Candidates interested in obtaining admissions to the university are required to fill an application form. They can avail the application form from the university website.
- The classes for new academic session under the semester pattern are commenced in the month of July.
Kannur University Exams and Results
KU run its programs under semester system and on annual basis. Under the semester system the academic session is divided into two semesters viz. odd semester (I, III, V, VII) and even semester (II, IV, VI) etc. All the distance education programs are conducted on an annual basis. The exams for both the curriculums are conducted separately by the university and Kannur University Examination Branch takes care of all the exam and result related activities.
The detailed information about the university exams and results is shared in the segment given below-
Kannur University Exams
- End semester exams for all the UG, B.Ed., and PG programs under the semester system are conducted in the month of October-November-December (Odd Semesters) and March-April (Even Semesters).
- The date of notification of end semester exams is released in the month of September for Odd semesters and in the month of January for Even semesters.
- The annual exams for UG Year-wise programs are conducted in April-May and in May-June for PG year-wise programs under the School of Distance Education.
- All the students are required to submit an examination form before the examination within the specified dates.
- Once the registration procedure completes, university issue Admit cards to the registered candidates which they have to download from the official portal.
- It is compulsory for all the students to bring the admit cards to the examination center on the day of exam. No student is allowed to enter the exam hall without the valid hall ticket.
Kannur University Result
- The end semester results of all the Odd semesters for UG programs are published in the month of December whereas the results for Even semesters are released in April.
- The result for B.Ed. programs for odd and even semesters is declared in December-January and May respectively.
- The annual results for UG programs and PG programs under distance Mode are published in the month of May-June and July respectively.
- All the university results are declared only through the online mode.
- No, result is sent individually to any student through post or any other mode.
- As university publish the result and all the related notifications and information on its website, students are advised to regularly visit the university.
- The result displayed online includes the name of the student, roll number, course/program, semester/year, marks obtained in each subject, total marks, result status, instructions etc.
- After the publication of result, students willing to apply for scrutiny/revaluation can apply for the same within the stipulated dates. University updates the information on its portal.
How to check Kannur University Result?
Students can follow the procedure given below to check the Kannur University online-
- Visit the official website of the university. (www.kannuruniversity.ac.in)
- On the homepage of the website click on the “Examination” link.
- Find the “Result” link under the head Student’s Corner.
- Select the relevant result option.
- Enter the Register Number and click on submit button.
- Result appears on the screens.
- Check the result and save it for future references.
For any query related to Kannur University result, students are free to contact the concerned authority. The contact details are mentioned below-
Controller of Examination,
Thavakkara, Civil Station P.O. ,Kannur District, Kerala- 670002
Phone No.- 0497- 2763350, 9446332350
Fax- 0497- 0707634
Email- [email protected]