JEE advanced result 2020: Amid the COVID-19 pandemic the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has successfully conducted JEE advanced 2020 examination successfully on 27th Sept 2020 and now they are ready to declare JEE advanced examination result on October 5 at 10 AM IST (Available now). IIT Delhi will declare its result on its official website jeeadv.ac.in which will be available in scorecard form. To get the result applicants have to submit their credentials such as advanced roll number, DOB, and Mobile Number. Students who will qualify their JEE advanced examination successfully, a category-wise All India Rank list will also be published by the University, so that they can participate in JoSAA counseling whose registration will start from 6th Oct 2020. To know more about JEE advanced result 2020 you have to go through this article.
Update: JEE advanced result has been declared candidates can check the same from link given below also some facts related to the examination.
JEE Advanced result 2020
JEE advanced scorecard can be downloaded online because authority will not going to send rank card individually to any candidates. Once JEE advanced result was announced, for our readers we will provide its direct link on this page so that you can access it easily with all facts and figures.
Note: Final Answer key link is given below
To conduct an examination amid COVID-19 is just next to impossible but IIT Delhi after keeping all safety precautions for students conducted the examination successfully across 222 cities in 1001 examination center and over 96% of the students who had submitted their fee appeared for JEE advanced 2020 examination. According to the information bulletin shared by the exam conducting authority, for paper 1 over 1,51000 and for paper 2 over 150000 candidates appeared for the examination.
JEE advanced result 2020: Important dates
|registration||12th to 17th September 2020|
|Examination date (for paper 1 and 2)||27th September 2020|
|Provisional Answer key released on||29th September 2020|
|Result declaration and final answer key||5th October 2020|
|Counseling registration||6th October 2020|
JEE advanced 2020 examination statistics
Below we have mentioned some statistics for JEE advanced 2020
|Total node for examination||Around 3.4 lakhs|
|Number of students appeared for exam||96%|
|Students appeared for paper 1||151311|
|Students appeared for paper 2||150900|
|Number of students qualified||43204|
|Number of females qualified examination||6707|
Update: Students who had qualified JEE Advanced exam successfully will be able to fill choices only at JoSAA official website from 6th Oct at 10 AM
Check >>> New National Education Policy
JEE advanced seat Reservation criteria
Applicants who belong to reserved category will receive reservation in seats according to category they belong. Applicants who are from OBC creamy layer will not going to receive any reservation.
Note: if any seats are left unfilled under UR-EWS and OBC-NCL category then it will be reserved for open category candidates. But if seats vacant under SC and ST category will not going to be de-reserved for any other category.
JEE Advanced Rank List 2020
- Applicants who appear in both the papers will be considered for JEE advanced ranking
- The marks secured by the candidates in Physics JEE advanced will be equal to marks secure in Physics part 1 and 2
- Similarly marks secure in chemistry and maths will be calculated
- The sum of marks secured by candidates in Physics, chemistry, and maths will be the aggregate marks obtained in JEE advanced
- Candidates who qualify in more than one category will be considered in all categories for ranking.
- No waiting list for ranking will be released by IIT Delhi.
JEE advanced minimum percentage of marks for rank list
Only such candidates will be included in rank list who score minimum prescribed marks in each subject and also in aggregate. Below we have given the minimum prescribed marks according to their category:
|Category wise (Rank list)||Minimum % marks (Each subject)||Minimum aggregate % marks|
|CRL (common rank list)||10||35|
|Preparatory course rank list||2.5||8.75|
How to download JEE advanced 2020 result?
To download JEE advanced result, applicants have to follow a few steps which we have given below or it can also be viewed directly from link given on this page.
- Reach out IIT Delhi official website whose link is given below
- Now on the website home page, result link will appear easily under quick link
- As you select the link, result login portal will appear to you
- Where you have to submit your login details as they ask to do so
- Now after entering all details correctly press the submit tab
- Now your JEE advanced result is available to you
- Check result carefully take a print out of the same for counselling process
Download JEE advanced 2020 result (Available Now)
Some common details found on JEE advanced result 2020
Once you download your IIT JEE advanced result you will find some information which was printed on it and few of them is mentioned below:
- Applicant’s name
- Registration and roll number
- Candidates rank category wise
- Marks secured in both paper (paper 1 and paper 2)
- Overall marks
- Result status
JEE Advanced final answer key 2020
JEE advanced tie-breaker criteria
As there are lakhs of applicants appeared for the examination then there is a possibility that more than one candidates secured the same aggregate marks then to award rank following tie breaker policy will be implemented:
- Higher positive marks candidates will be preferred and awarded a higher rank
- Higher rank will be given to that candidate who secured higher marks in mathematics which will be followed by marks secured in physics but if the tie still persists then both applicants will be awarded the same rank
JEE Advanced toppers 2020
Chirag falor from IIT Bombay zone has topped the examination in CRL (Common rank list) by securing 352 marks from 396 whereas Kanishka Mittal of IIT Roorkee is the topped rank female applicants who secured 315 marks out of 396
JEE advanced participating IITs 2020
23 IITs are participating in JEE advanced examination in which students who will qualify their can apply for UG programs. Below we have given the list of 23 IITs participating:
|East Zone||IIT Kharagpur IIT Bhubaneshwar IIT (ISM) Dhanbad IIT Bhilai|
|Central Zone||IIT Kanpur IIT (BHU) Varanasi IIT Indore|
|North Central Zone||IIT Delhi IIT Jammu IIT Jodhpur|
|North East Zone||IIT Guwahati IIT Patna|
|North Zone||IIT Roorkee IIT Mandi IIT Ropar|
|South Zone||IIT Hyderabad IIT Palakkad IIT Tirupati|
|West Zone||IIT Bombay IIT Dharwad IIT Gandhinagar IIT Goa|
Instead of the 23 IITs, there is some other centrally funded institute which uses JEE advanced rank and the list for the same is given below:
- IISc Bangalore
- IISER (Indian Institute of science education and research) situated at Berhampur, Mohali, Pune, Tirupati, Bhopal, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram)
- Indian Institute of space science and technology (IIST) of Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum and technology of Rae Bareli.
- IIPE (Indian Institute of petroleum & energy) of Vishakhapatnam
- For admission in these institutes, applicants have to connect with the institute directly
Result was announced on Monday 5th October at 10 AM IST
Result can be accessed only at jee advanced official website.
Yes, rank card will be available category wise.
Then tie breaker policy will be implemented to award rank.