Jawaharlal Nehru University JNU Result 2019 Monsoon & Winter Semester Exams BA (Hons), MA, M.Sc, Ph.D, M.Phil, Certificate Programme, Advance Diploma, Courses Results Semester Wise Check Status News Updates Here
Jawaharlal Nehru University is a renowned public university for teaching and research. Situated in Delhi, JNU was established on 22nd April 1966 by an act of Parliament.
JNU has 18 affiliated institutes and around 13 schools of study that ensure the continuity of learning and research process in the university. It is a well-known university not only in India but also in the world. It offers various Undergraduate, master’s programs, doctoral, diploma, M.Phil and certificate programs in various fields such as Arts, commerce, science, technology, and many others.
Table of Contents
JNU Result 2019
JNU has various international collaborations and has signed various MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with around 71 international universities. University has received various awards and accreditation. It has also received the best university award from the president of India in the year 2017. There are several academic centers of the university that have been declared as a “Center for Excellence” by the University Grant Commission (UGC).
Talking about university rankings, National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has ranked JNU 6th in overall and 2nd among universities for the year 2018.
University is known for its alumni who have occupied prominent positions in Indian politics and bureaucracy. Some of the notable alumni of JNU includes Baburam Bhattarai, Nirmala Sitaraman, Ajit Seth, Amitabh Kant, Asok Tanwar etc.
JNU follows a semester pattern and evaluation and assessment is based on a credit system. Students can admission into the university through an entrance exam. University exams are conducted semester-wise and result is displayed on the school/centers of the university.
Go through the complete article for all the details related to the Jawaharlal University semester results.
Jawaharlal Nehru University at a Glance
|Article category||University results|
|University||Jawaharlal Nehru University Result|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Ph.D. and diploma programs|
|University type||Public University|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AIU|
|Academic system||Semester system|
|Total campus size||1019 acres|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online|
|Declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.jnu.ac.in|
JNU University Departments
JNU has following schools of study-
- Arts & Aesthetics
- Computational and Integrative Sciences
- Computer and Systems Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- International Studies
- Language Literature and Culture Studies
- Life Sciences
- Sanskrit and Indic Studies
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
JNU Affiliated Institutions
JNU has given affiliation to the following institutions situated at the different parts of India-
- Army Cadet College, Dehradun
- College of Military Engineering, Pune
- National Defence Academy, Pune
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
- Military College of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering, Secunderabad
- Military College of Telecommunication Engineering, Mhow
Research and Development Institutions
- Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow (CDRI)
- National Institute of Immunology (NII)
- National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR)
- Inter-University Accelerator Centre, New Delhi (IUAC)
- Institute of Microbial Technology (IMT),
- Centre for Development Studies (CDS)
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA)
- Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI)
- Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
- Raman Research Institute (RRI)
- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
- International Centre for Genetic-Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
Admission Procedure of JNU
- JNU offers admissions to the students on the basis of marks and ranks obtained in the entrance exams conducted by the university.
- The registration for various entrance examinations starts in October and the written exams are conducted in the month of December.
- Candidates aspiring to take admission into JNU can fill the admission/ registration forms through admissions.jnu.ac.in.
- JNU conducts Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination for admission of students for admission into various Postgraduate programs.
- JNU conducts Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (CEEB) for admission Biotechnology courses.
- University updates all the notification and information related to entrance exams on its website.
JNU Semester Exams & Result
University follows a semester system. Every semester is assigned a specific number of credits. The exams and results both depend on the credit system of JNU university.
Below we have shared all the details about JNU University exam and results-
- In each semester two mid-semester exams (sessional exams) and end-semester exams are conducted by the university.
- The monsoon end-semester exams are conducted in the month of December whereas university organizes the winter end-semester exams in the month of May every year.
- The examination schedule and other related details are notified to the students through the official portal of JNU.
JNU Result 2019
- JNU releases the result of all the entrance exams and semester exams on its official portal on the specified dates.
- The university declares the result of the monsoon-end semester in the month of December.
- The result of the winter-end semester is announced by the university in June every year.
- University publishes the end-semester result of the students on its official website and also displays in the schools and centers.
- Students can check the result on their respective school/centers or through online mode on the official website of the university.
- The final semester result is prepared on the basis of the two mid-semester exams and the final-semester exams.
- The result list includes information such as enrollment No./roll number of the students, name of the students, course, semester, year, the name of the institute, subject-wise marks obtained, total marks, grades, credit, result etc.
How to check University of Jawaharlal Nehru University JNU Result?
JNU students can also check the semester results on the site of the university. They can follow the procedure given below to check the result.
- Firstly, visit jnu.ac.in.
- Go to the main page of the website.
- Click on the result link.
- Select the relevant program and semester.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Check the information mentioned in the JNU Result.
- Save and take a print (not necessary) for future use.
In case of any discrepancy in the result, students can contact the university authority at the address details given below-