Jadavpur University State Public University situated in Kolkata, West Bengal. It was established on 24 December 1955. University as a campus area of 67.7 acres. University offers 39 Undergraduate, 57 Postgraduate, 14 M.Phil and Ph.D. programs, 8 PG diploma and 3 other programs in the field of Arts, Science and Engineering & Technology.
The three faculty councils, 36 academic departments and 40 center of study of the university ensures that the quality of education is imparted to the students. Along with the academic program’s university also offers value-added programs for the all over development of the students.
The courses are offered to the students under the semester system. The admissions are granted on the basis of merit of the students in various entrance exams.
Table of Contents
- 1 Jadavpur University Results 2019
In this article, we have shared all the necessary details about The Jadavpur University result. Along with the information about university semester results, readers are going to get an overview of the university with an extra information about admissions and semester exams.
Overview of Jadavpur University
|Article category||University results|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Chancellor||Governor of West Bengal|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, M.Phil, and Ph.D|
|University type||State University|
|Campus Area||67.6 acres|
|Academic system||Semester System|
|Center of study||40|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online/Offline|
|Mode of declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.jaduniv.edu.in|
|Exam and result portal||www.ju.exametc.com|
Jadavpur University Faculty Councils
University has three faculty councils-
- Faculty Council of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
Jadavpur University Interdisciplinary Schools
University has total interdisciplinary schools. Here are the names of all the schools of the university.
- School of Automotive Engineering
- Advanced Studies in Industrial Pollution Control Engineering
- School of Bio Science & Engineering
- Advanced Studies in Industrial Pollution Control Engineering
- School of Cognitive Science
- Cultural Texts and Records
- School of Education Technology
- Environmental Studies
- School of Energy Studies
- Environmental Radiation and Archaeological Sciences
- School of Illumination Science, Engineering & Design
- International Relations and Strategic Studies
- School of Language & Linguistics
- Laser Science & Engineering
- School of Material Science & Nano Technology
- Mobile Computing & Communication
- School of Media Communication & Culture
- Natural Product Studies
- School of Oceanographic Studies
- Water Resource Engineering
- School of Women Studies
Jadavpur University Admission and Entry Procedure
- Admission to the university is extremely competitive and carried out through a transparent procedure.
- Admissions in undergraduate and postgraduate courses are generally conducted on the basis of score in entrance exams.
- The information regarding admission is communicated through university website, newspapers and other media houses.
- For admission into the undergraduate program in FET (faculty of Engineering and Technology) of the university is carried out through the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the WBJEE Board.
- For PG admissions in FET, candidates must have qualified GATE.
- The final seats are allotted to the candidates on the basis of merit in the entrance exam, counseling, interview, and document verification.
- All the candidates aspiring to get admission in the university are required to fill an online application form first.
Jadavpur University Exams and Results
JU follows are a dual semester system. Semester I, III, V, VII are termed as odd semesters and Semester II, IV, VI, VIII are termed as even semesters. The semester exams are conducted at the end of each semester.
All the important details about the university exams and results are provided below-
Jadavpur University Examination
- The odd semester examination of all UG, PG, M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs under the Faculty of Arts are conducted in November/December month whereas the even semester exams are conducted in the month of May/June every year.
- All the Odd and even semester exams for UG and PG programs under the Faculty of Engineering & Technology and Faculty of Science are conducted in November and May respectively.
- The supplementary exams are conducted in September for all the courses.
- Students are required to download the hall ticket (admit card) from the university portal and take print of the same from the official website of the university. No student is permitted to write the exam without a valid admit card.
Jadavpur University Results
- The result of odd semester exams for all UG and PG programs under all the three faculties is announced in the month of January. On the other hand, the result for even semester exams is declared in July/August.
- JU publish all the results on its official website. Therefore, students have to check and download the result from there only.
- The University make students aware of the result publication dates through a notification on its official portal.
- No hard copy of the result will be sent individually to any student. They are required to check the result only through the online mode.
- The Jadavpur University result basically includes information like the name of the student, roll number, registration number, course/program, semester, year, subject-wise marks, total marks, division, result status etc.
- After the declaration of the result, the final year students who have not any backlog can apply for academic transcript through the online portal. For that, they have to fill an online application form with the payment of prescribed fee.
How to check Jadavpur University Results?
JU publish the semester exam result on its official website for all the programs. For the convenience of the students, we have shared the procedure to check the university result through online mode-
- Visit the university website first. (jaduniv.edu.in
- Select the “Examination” tab on the homepage of the website.
- Select the “Result” option among the various options in the list.
- Click on the respective faculty (i.e. among Arts, Science or Engg. or Tech.)
- Enter all the required details.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Save and take a printout of the result for reference in future.
In case of any issue related to JU results, students can contact at the details shared below-
188, Raja S.C. Mallick Road,
Phone No.- 0133- 24146666
Email- [email protected]