IIT JAM Result 2021 Scorecard: Result will disclose the qualifying marks and qualifying status of the candidates who have appeared in the IIT JAM exam for the M.SC program in February 2021. The result for IIT JAM 2021 will be declared on 20th March, 2021. Check out the article to get all the details about IIT JAM Result 2021, merit list, scorecard, Cut-off marks and others.
IIT JAM Result 2021
IIT Joint admission test is an all India online entrance exam conducted by IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology) and IISc (Indian Institutes of Science) every year on the rotational basis to provide admission to the candidates in their M.SC and various post graduate programs. In this article, read about IIT JAM result, how to download JAM result 2021 and other important instructions. IIT JAM is conducted every year on the behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
IISc, Bangalore will release a separate result/ scorecard for the candidates who will qualify the exam. Candidates will be given ALL INDIA RANKs (AIR) on the basis of their performance for every test paper of exam. Then they will be eligible for admission in their preferred course offered at the colleges which accept the score/rank card of IIT JAM. This year IIT JAM admission procedure is in under IISc, Bangalore.
IIT JAM 2021 Result Important Dates
|Date of exam||February 14th, 2021|
|Announcement of result||March 20th, 2021|
|Submission of application form for admission||April 15-28, 2021|
|Release of first admission list||June 16th, 2021|
|Release of second admission list||July 1st, 2021|
|Release of third and final list||July 16th, 2021|
|Closure of JAM 2021 admission||July 20th, 2021|
How to Check IIT JAM Result 2021?
Candidates can check their result from the official website by following the given steps-
- Candidates have to visit the official website of IIT JAM i.e www.jam.iisc.ac.in
- On the Homepage of the website, candidates have to click on the login button and Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) portal will appear on the screen of the system.
- Now candidates have to enter their email/ enrollment and password provided at the time of filling the online application form.
- Candidates have to evaluate and put the arithmetic progression value in the space provided.
- Now click on the submit button.
- Finally clicking on the result button result will appear on the screen.
- Candidates can download the result.
Click Here to Check IIT JAM Result 2021 (available soon)
IIT-JAM Tie Breaking Rule 2021
If there is a tie between the score of two or more candidates in a test paper then –
The candidates who have scored higher ratio of positive marks then negative marks will be given higher rank than the other candidate. In case this criterion fails to break tie, then the concerned candidates will be given the same rank.
An all India merit list will be prepared on the basis of All India Ranks of the candidates. As per the official website, the number of candidates in all India merit list will be based on the total number of seats available in each category (i.e. SC/ST/OBC-NCL and PwD) in a given subject. Qualified candidates who will be allotted AIRs will be eligible for getting admission in their respective program (M.sc).
IIT JAM Cut-off Marks 2021
The cut-off is the minimum marks which candidates have to obtain in each subject to qualify an exam. On the basis of cut-off, a merit list is prepared. Here we are sharing the previous year (2020) cut-off list.
IIT JAM Merit List 2021
IISc, Bangalore will release a merit list on March 20th, 2021. The merit list include the All India Rank (AIR) of the candidates. A separate merit list will be prepared for each subject category-wise. The no. of candidates qualifying to appear in the merit list will be decided on the grounds of the number of seats available in each category and the total of candidates appearing for the examination category-wise.
It should be noted that the qualifying in the merit list will not confirm the admission of the candidate in any institute. A set of procedure will be followed for the admission of the qualified candidates.
IIT JAM 2021 Important Instructions
- Result will be announced only through online mode.
- Result will be released on 20th March 2021 followed by the release of admission forms and then release of admission list. Three admission lists will be released.
- Results will not be sent personally to the candidates to their mail or through any other medium like post. They have to check their result by accessing the official website of IIT JAM.
- A separate list will be prepared of the candidates who have qualified the exam.
- On the basis of merit list candidates will be called for the counseling process.
- Candidates have to download and preserve the hard copy of the result(scorecard/rank card) as this result will be required at the time counseling or admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
The IIT JAM 2021 result will be declared on March 20th, 2021.
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
The candidates with higher ratio of positive marks than the negative marks will be given higher rank in the merit list.
The admission lists will be published for a total number of three times from June 16th to July 16th, 2021.
If you have any questions related to IIT JAM result 2021, you can ask us in the discussion box in below comment box. Our team will answer your query as soon as possible.