IIT JAM Result 2020 Scorecard: Result will disclose the qualifying marks and qualifying status of the candidates who have appeared in the IIT JAM exam for the M.SC program in February 2020.
Latest Update 17th March: IIT JAM Result 2020 has been released now. All candidates can download their result from the official website as well as from below link.
Table of Contents
IIT JAM Result 2020
IIT Joint admission test is an all India online entrance exam conducted by IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology) every year on the rotational basis to provide admission to the candidates in their M.SC and various post graduate programs. In this article, read about IITJAM result, how to download JAM result 2020 and other important instructions. IIT JAM is conducted every year on the behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
IIT Kharagpur will release a separate result/ scorecard for the candidates who will qualify the exam. Candidates will be given ALL INDIA RANKs (AIR) on the basis of their performance for every test paper of exam. Then they will be eligible for admission in their preferred course offered at the colleges which accept the score/rank card of IIT JAM. This year IIT JAM admission procedure is in under IIT Kharagpur.
IIT JAM 2020 Result Important Dates
|Date of exam||9th February 2020|
|Announcement of result||16th March 2020|
|Submission of application form for admission||April 09 – 22, 2020|
|Last date for receipt of request for change of category||May 04, 2020|
|Release of first admission list||June 01, 2020|
|Release of second admission list||June 16, 2020|
|Release of third and final list||June 29, 2020|
|Closure of JAM 2020 admission||July 03, 2020|
How to Check IIT JAM Result 2020
Candidates can check their result from the official website by following the given steps-
- Candidates have to visit the official website of IIT JAM i.e. https://jam.iitk.ac.in/
- On the Homepage of the website, candidates have to click on the login button and Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) portal will appear on the screen of the system.
- Now candidates have to enter their email/ enrollment and password provided at the time of filling the online application form.
- Candidates have to evaluate and put the arithmetic progression value in the space provided.
- Now click on the submit button.
- Finally clicking on the result button result will appear on the screen.
- Candidates can download the result.
IIT-JAM Tie Breaking Rule 2020
If there is a tie between the score of two or more candidates in a test paper then –
The candidates who have scored higher ratio of positive marks then negative marks will be given higher rank than the other candidate. In case this criterion fails to break tie, then the concerned candidates will be given the same rank.
*** Check kare kaise apply kare COVID-19 E-Pass Yaha pe ***
An all India merit list will be prepared on the basis of All India Ranks of the candidates. As per the official website, the number of candidates in all India merit list will be based on the total number of seats available in each category (i.e. SC/ST/OBC-NCL and PwD) in a given subject. Qualified candidates who will be allotted AIRs will be eligible for getting admission in their respective program (M.sc).
IIT JAM Cut-off marks 2020
The cut-off is the minimum marks which candidates have to obtain in each subject to qualify an exam. On the basis of cut-off, a merit list is prepared. Here we are sharing the previous year cut-off list.
IIT JAM 2020 Important Instructions
- Result has been announced only through online mode.
- Result has been released on 16th March 2020 followed by the release of admission forms and then release of admission list. Three admission lists will be released.
- Results will not be sent personally to the candidates to their mail or through any other medium like post. They have to check their result by accessing the official website of IIT JAM.
- A separate list will be prepared of the candidates who have qualified the exam.
- On the basis of merit list candidates will be called for the counseling process.
- Candidates have to download and preserve the hard copy of the result(scorecard/rank card) as this result will be required at the time counseling or admission.
If you have any questions related to IIT JAM result 2020, you can ask us in the discussion box in below comment box Our team will answer your query as soon as possible.