Bihar Student Credit Card 2023: Bihar government has started the loan facility for such candidates of Bihar who wanted to pursue their higher studies once they completed their intermediate but due to the financial problem they are not able to do that after the announcement of the Bihar Student Credit Card 2023 scheme they can fulfill their dreams of higher studies because the Bihar government is providing an education loan to such students up to Rs 4 lakhs. So, the course you wanted to pursue and if it is enlisted in their list of approved courses then you can apply for Bihar Student Credit Card loan online its complete procedure and other important details regarding the scheme are provided below.
बिहार सरकार द्वारा शुरू कि गयी यह योजना छात्रों के लिए बहुत लाभदायी है। इस योजना अन्तर्गत राज्य सरकार द्वारा उन बच्चो को ऋण प्रदान करता है जो अपने परिवार के खराब वित्तीय स्थिति के चलते बारहवीं कक्षा से आगे शिक्षा जारी नहीं रख सकते। सरकार द्वारा दी इस योजना को अच्छी तरह से समझने के लिए कृपया इस लेख को अंत तक जरूर पढ़िए।
Bihar Student Credit Card 2023
The Bihar student credit card Yojana (BSCCY) is launched way back in October 2016 and till now a number of candidates had applied for the scheme and completed their higher studies. Through the scheme, you can apply for a loan to a maximum amount of Rs 4 lakhs.
The main motto to launch this scheme is to increase the Gross Enrollment ratio (GER) of the state which is currently at 14.3% this government is eyeing a target of a 30% increment in this which makes it 24% and if they reached this is then they equal the GER of the nation.
Objective of the Scheme
Before proceeding towards the objective behind the Bihar Student Credit Card loan scheme, let us very first understand the Gross Enrolment Ration (GER). The GER is the criteria to measure the number of students who have appeared for a particular course. Basically, if the number of students pursuing higher-level courses after the 12th increases, the GER will also increase. The current status of the GER in the state is about 14 per cent which is very low. The national GER is 24%. Thus, the objective of the schemes does not only aim to raise the GER of the state but also to provide the importance of education to youngsters.
Target of the Scheme
Initially, when the scheme can into effect the strength of the students that have to be covered under the scheme for the year 2018-19 was 50,000, for 2019-20 it was 75,000, and for the year 2020-21, it aims to cover around 1 lakh students. The estimates for the further years will be uploaded on the website soon.
Interest on the Bihar Student Credit Card loan
- In this scheme, if students completed his/her course then they will get a moratorium of one year or if they are employed then it will be 6 months whichever completes first.
- The rate of interest under the scheme will be 4% whereas if the applicant is a woman, transgender, or disabled then they need to pay only 1%.
Eligibility for Bihar student credit card scheme
Candidates who are willing to have a student credit card scheme can read the important eligibility criteria mentioned below. An applicant who satisfies the given eligibility can apply for the scheme.
- Students who had completed their intermediate from the Bihar state or the nearby states are eligible for the loan scheme but only if they fulfill the criteria of eligibility which we have given below:
- Students enrolled or going to be enrolled in the institution must be recognized by the state or central government.
- This loan will be given for general courses of higher education and various professional and technical courses. The list of courses will be available on the website and could be changed from time to time by the department according to the demand.
- Those candidates who had completed their intermediate or equivalent Examination (polytechnic after the 10th) and candidates (permanent residents of Bihar) who had completed the same from the nearby state such as West Bengal, Jharkhand, or Bihar are also eligible for the scheme.
- In case students stay in the hostel then the amount will be made available to the educational institution of the applicants.
- But in case they did not stay in the hostel then city details for living expenses other than fees for students will be made available which could be increased as per the requirement by the department.
- The age of the students on the date of applying should not be more than 25 years while for the postgraduate courses it will be 30 years.
- If any of the candidates have one level of a degree then the same level of degree will not be covered under this scheme except for technical or managerial courses. For example, if you have completed your graduation in science then you are not entitled to the same level of graduation such as Arts, science, and commerce. Whereas, if he wants to pursue an MBA, MCA, etc. then he is entitled to the loan.
- If any of the students are getting the benefit of the Bihar Student Credit Card scheme but due to some reason he/she left study then, in that case, the next installment will not be credited to the student or the institution and the next installment will only be credited if they are available for the course.
Document required for the BSCCS
If you wanted to apply for the BSCCS then you need to submit some documents while registering whose details have been listed below:
- Aadhaar card of the applicant and co-applicant
- Matric, 10+2 (for polytechnic 10th) and the last examination qualifying certificate
- Certificate of received scholarship, free education-related
- Bank passbook of the applicant (in which the account number, bank name, IFSC code should be mentioned clearly)
- Enrollment certificate where the students enrolled which indicates the name of the course (or institution brochure outside the Bihar state)
- Details of the course fee received from the institute
- Two Passport size photographs of the applicant, co-applicant, and mother/ father/ husband/ guardians.
- Address proof of the applicants (bank passbook/electricity bill/ voter ID card/ driving license)
List of courses under BSCCS
You can check the list of courses that have been approved by the department and are entitled for the loan and its list can be checked online whose link is given below.
How to apply for the Bihar student credit card scheme?
To avail of the benefit of the scheme students can apply through the mobile application.
- First of all, the applicant needs to click the direct link given on this page.
- Now on the home page of the portal applicant need to click on the ‘New registration’ tab
- After this, a general information window will open where you need to fill in the details carefully.
- On submitting the details you need to submit the mobile number and for verification, an OTP will be received on your mobile number via Email enter the same in the given space.
- Confirm the details submitted and once it was confirmed you will receive a registration number and password on your registered mobile number or through email.
- Now go to the home page of the portal and log in with the credential received during the registration.
- After login, the personal information page will be available click on the submit button once filled.
- Next, it will be asked you to select the scheme for the list you need to select the BSCC and click on the apply tab.
- On the next page, you need to fill in some more information as it appears and submits the same once all fields have been filled.
- It will ask you to verify the details submitted click on yes if all are correct otherwise click no.
- And once you click on yes then a confirmation message will be displayed on the screen and a PDF file of acknowledgement will be available to you, download the same.
- After successfully submitting the form you may visit the DRCC office during working hours to verify the documents.
Note: No need to upload any documents during the online application
Application status for BSCCS
Once the application has been submitted you can check its application status from the portal by providing some details of registration below we have given the link through which you can check the status of your application.
Through tracking your application status you can easily know whether your application is being processed or not. If there is any type of rectification needed in the application form it is known only by tracking the application.
Other schemes for the Students
The Bihar government started the portal with a bunch of other schemes so that more and more students/beneficiaries can have maximum benefit from the schemes. The tag line “आर्थिक हल, युवाओं को बल” covers the following schemes mentioned below. We have provided a brief overview of the schemes below.
- Mukhyamantri Nishchay Swayam Sahayata Bhatta Yojana
The scheme was launched by the state government to provide unemployment allowances to candidates who have cleared the 12th Standard and are unemployed. Under the scheme, the government provides an unemployment allowance of Rs 1000/month for a total of 2 years. To avail of the schemes, the applicant must be between the age group of 20-25 and must have completed his/her Intermediate from a certified school under the Bihar Board.
The applicant must not be availing the other student welfare schemes such as the Student Credit Card scheme. Have a look over the detailed eligibility for the scheme.
Mukhyamantri Nishchay Swayam Sahayata Bhatta Yojana Apply Online- Click Here
- Kushal Yuva Program
Under the scheme, the applicants who have completed their 10th standard will be given basic training by the Government so that they can improve their soft skills. The soft skills comprise Life skills, Communications Skills (English & Hindi), and Basic computer literacy education. Through the course, candidates get prepared for the upcoming opportunities in their life.
Candidates who are willing to enrol under the scheme need to visit the official portal of the Bihar Skill Development Mission. Applicants can refer to the direct links provided in the article. The eligibility to avail of the scheme is that the applicant should be between the age group of 15-25 Years. Applicants must have passed Highschool from a recognized school under the Bihar Board.
Mukhyamantri Kushal Yuva Program – Register Here
How to register feedback and Grievance?
The Students can register their Bihar Student credit card complain to the higher officials through the feedback and Grievance link present on the official portal. The candidates can click on the links below to register their feedback. The applicant can register their grievance regarding the issues related to DRCC, Scheme, Technical, or Others. Refer to the steps to lodge feedback and Grevinace.
- Visit the official porta of the शिक्षा विभाग,योजना एवं विकास एवं श्रम संसाधन विभाग
- Now the homepage appears on the screen.
- From the list of options present on the menu bar, tap on feedback and grievance (as shown below)
- The feedback & grievance page will appear on the screen.
- Fill in the details i.e. Name, Mail id, Mobile Number, Issue, District and Your message.
- After filling in the details, enter the captcha code and tap on submit button.
- After submitting the form, the user will finally get their grievance/feedback submitted to the officials.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bihar student credit card 2023 (BSCC)
The official portal for BSCCS is www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in
No, applicants do not need to upload any documents.
In such cases, you can call the toll free number 18003456444
Do not need to worry it can also be downloaded upon login to the portal.
The schemes under the “आर्थिक हल, युवाओं को बल” are as follows.
Bihar student credit card Scheme;
Mukhyamantri Nishchay Swayam Sahayata Bhatta Yojana;
Kushal Yuva Program.
No, you can’t avail of all three yojanas. The applicant can register for any one scheme provided under the initiative of “आर्थिक हल, युवाओं को बल”.
It is mandatory to complete Intermediate/Highschool from a recognized school under the Bihar Board. The individuals who follow the criteria are eligible and can apply for the scheme.
After the applicants have successfully registered on the portal, then they have to reach the DRCC for document verification between 10 AM to 6 PM.
The applicant will get a notification on their mail id regarding the completion of the Online application.
Yes, the Government offers age relaxation for the candidates who belong to the reserved classes. For the category of SC/ST/PWD age relaxation of 5 years is provided. For OBC candidates age relaxation of 3 years is provided.