Alagappa University Result: Alagappa University is a public affiliating university in Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu. AU came into existence on May 1985 by a special Act of the Tamil Nadu State Government as a Unitary University. It has an urban campus spread in an area of 440 acres.
University has 40 affiliated colleges, 2 constituent colleges, and 39 departments through which it offers various UG, PG, and research/doctoral courses under its four faculties viz. Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Commerce, Faculty of Science and Faculty of Education.
Table of Contents
Alagappa University Result 2018-19
Alagappa University has been ranked 27 among universities and 43 overall by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018.
In this article, you will find information about Alagappa University results with an extra information about university profile, admission procedure, and examinations.
Quick Update 27/02/2019: Alagappa University has announced odd sem exam results. All students can check their results from below links.
|Exam Month/Year||Date of Announcement||Programmes|
|November 2018||14/02/2019||Arts and Science (PG)|
|November 2018||06/02/2019||Arts and Science (UG)|
An overview of Alagappa University
|Article category||University results|
|Location||Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu|
|Chancellor||Governor of Tamil Nadu|
|Courses offered||UG, PG and doctorate/research programs|
|University type||State University|
|Campus Area||440 acres|
|Academic system||Annual and semester system|
|Mode of registration for admission||Both Online and Offline|
|Mode of declaration of results||Online|
|Official University Website||www.alagappauniversity.ac.in|
Alagappa University Faculty, Schools and Departments
Faculty of Arts
School of Languages
- Department of Tamil
- Fine Arts
- Department of English and Foreign languages
- Centre for Tamil Culture
School of Social Sciences
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Women Studies
- Centre for Women Studies
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Economics and Rural Development
Faculty of Science
School of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
School of Biological Sciences
- Department of Botany
- Department of Bioinformatics
- Animal Health and Management
- Department of Microbiology
School of Physical Sciences
- Department of Physics
- Department of Bioelectronics and Biosensors
School of Computational Sciences
- Department of Computer Sciences
- Computer Applications
- Department of Computational logistics
School of Chemical Sciences
- Department of Industrial Chemistry
- Energy Sciences
- Department of Nanoscience and Technology
School of Marine Sciences
- Department of Geology
- Department of Oceanography and Coastal Area Studies
Faculty of Management
School of Management
- Department of Commerce
- International Business
- Department of Logistics Management
- Banking Management
- Department of Tourism and Hotel Management
- Corporate Secretaryship
Faculty of Education
School of Education
- Department of Education
School of Physical Education
- Department of Physical Education and Health Sciences
School of Extension Education
- Department of Lifelong learning
- Department of Special Education and Rehabilitation Science
Alagappa University Admission Process
- Alagappa University admissions are carried out through entrance exams, interview, group discussions and also on the basis of merit in qualifying exams.
- University issue application for admission in UG, PG and diploma programs in the month of April every year.
- Applications for M.Phil. programs are issued separately in the first week of June on an annual basis.
- Admissions in programs like B.Ed/M.Ed., MBA, MCA, M.P.Ed. / B.P.Ed. / D.P.Ed., M.Phil., and M.Sc. Biotechnology is done on the basis of entrance tests /interviews/ group discussions while admissions in all the other programs is done on the basis of merit.
- Interested candidates can obtain the application forms from the university registrar office or they can also apply online from the university website.
- The filled-in application form is then required to be submitted/sent at the university office along with all the required documents/certificates before the stipulated dates.
Alagappa University Exams and Results
Controller of Examinations is the administrative department of the university responsible for scheduling of exams, smooth conduction of examinations and publication of results and other related activities.
In this section, we have shared all the necessary information related to the university exams and results-
Alagappa University Exams
- University publish the examination schedule five-week prior to the commencement of exams and publishes the detailed time-table three weeks prior to the exam on its website.
- Examinations for all the regular students of the university departments, affiliated colleges and institutes are conducted in the month of April and November every year.
- University examinations for the students of distance education are conducted in the month of May and December.
- Work examinations for Ph.D. programs are conducted in December month.
- Students have to fill application forms in order to be eligible for appearing in the university exams. Students can fill examination forms from the university website.
- After the completion of registration procedure, university issue Admit cards to the students which they have to download from the university website.
- All the students have to carry the printed copy of the admit card to the examination hall. No student is allowed to sit in the examinations without the valid admit card.
Alagappa University Result
- Alagappa University result for exam conducted in the month of April is declared in the month of May/June and for December exams in the month of January.
- University authority declare all the results only through the online mode.
- Students have to check the same from the university portal by using their login details.
- Students are notified only through the online portal and no separate notification is sent to any of the university student. Therefore, students are advised to regularly visit the official website.
- The online result sheet indicates the roll number, name of the students, course, year, semester, subject-wise marks obtained, total marks, result, instruction etc.
- Applications for supplementary exams and revaluation of the answer sheets is permissible after the declaration of the results. For this, students have to apply through university portal within the stipulated dates.
How to check Alagappa University Result?
To download the result from the university website, you need to follow the procedure shared below-
- Go to the official website of the university i.e. www.alagappauniversity.ac.in.
- Hit the “Examinations” tab at the top of the homepage.
- Click on the “Exam Results”.
- Select the relevant result option.
- Enter the required credentials.
Resultappears on the screen.
- Check the information mentioned on the result carefully and save it for further references.
In case of doubt and clarification regarding Alagappa University results, students are suggested to immediately contact the controller of examination department of the university.
Contact details are as follows-
College Road, Alagappa Puram,
Tamil Nadu- 630003
Phone No.- 04565 – 229330
Fax- 04565 – 225624
Email- [email protected]