West Bengal Public Service Commission has released vacancies for the position of Sub Inspector in the Food and Supplies Department. All candidates who are interested and eligible should apply for it. According to the official schedule, the application process starts on 23rd August 2023. A total of 480 vacant posts are going to be filled in with the recruitment drive. Get information regarding the WBPSC Food SI Recruitment like the application process, fees and others on this page.
WBPSC Food SI Recruitment 2023
The official website of WBPSC will be including a direct link to the application form. The application can be submitted online only. If the authority will get more than one application from the same candidate then they will cancel the candidature of those aspirants. The deadline for submitting the application is 20th September 2023. After the deadline, no application will be accepted.
wbpsc.gov.in Food SI Recruitment 2023: An Overview
|Name of the Officials
|Public Service Commission, West Bengal
|Name of the Post
|Sub-Inspector in the Subordinate Food & Supplies Service, Grade-III
|Name of the Department
|Food and Supplies Department
|Application Form Availability Status
|Available from 23rd August 2023
|Application Form Availability Mode
WBPSC Food SI Recruitment Eligibility Conditions
The authority has set the eligibility criteria for the above-mentioned position. Each candidate needs to fulfil those conditions in order to get selected for the recruitment drive. Have a look at the detailed eligibility conditions:
- Applicants must have passed the Madhyamik Examination from the WB Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
- Interested aspirants applying for the post should be able to write, read and speak in Bengali or Nepali language fluently.
- The authority will check the language test of aspirants whose mother tongue is other than Bengali or Nepali language through the Personality Test. If the performance of these candidates in the language test will be average or poor then the candidature of those candidates will be cancelled.
- Applicants must be healthy and should be able to take long tours in West Bangal’s rural areas.
- Aspirants must not be born earlier than 2nd January 1983 and not later than 1st January 2005.
WBPSC Food SI Recruitment Vacancy Details
The officials have released a total of 480 vacancies for the Food Sub-Inspector post. The advertised vacancies are further divided into various categories. Given below is the table showing vacancies in detail:
|PwBD (Blindness and Low Vision)
|SC PwBD (LCD including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack, etc.)
|PwBD (Deaf and Hard of hearing)
|PwBD (Autism, Intellectual, specific learning, mental illness and multiple disabilities)
WBPSC Food SI Recruitment Fee
Application Fee submission is also one of the parts of the application process. Applicants will have to pay the required application fee to submit the application form. Or else, the application process will not move forwards. The officials have also provided relaxation to candidates belonging to reserved categories. However, the relaxation can be claimed by West Bengal candidates only. The officials are not going to entertain any request regarding the refund or adjustment in the application fee.
The application fee can be submitted through a credit card, debit card, etc. So, the application fee is Rs. 110/- along with a Service Charge of 1% of the Exam Fee subject to at least Rs. 5/- for debit/ credit card online application. The officials will charge an extra Rs. 20 for payment through Bank Counter. Aspirants belonging to the SC, St and PWD of West Bengal are exempted from paying the application fee.
West Bengal PSC Food SI Recruitment 2023: Important Dates
|Publication of the recruitment advertisement
|22nd August 2023
|Commencement of the application process
|23rd August 2023
|Last date to submit the application form
|20th September 2023
|Deadline for submission of fees through online
|20th September 2023
|Deadline for submission of fees through offline
|21st September 2023
How to apply for the WBPSC Food SI Recruitment 2023?
Given below are the steps through which you can apply for the WBPSC Food SI Recruitment easily:
- Start the process by visiting the official website of WBPSC with this Link address: https://wbpsc.gov.in/
- Secondly, the home page of the website will get open on the screen.
- Now, you must go to the Candidate’s Corner section available on the right side of the screen.
- After that, find and click on the Current Applications link and a new page will form on the device.
- Find and click on the application link for the Food Sub-Inspector position and the form will open on the screen.
- Provide some basic details and submit them to get login credentials.
- Now, get access to the application form and start noting down the details on it.
- Afterwards, upload the asked documents on it carefully and move towards the last step of the application process.
- Enter the payment details and pay the application fee mentioned as per your category.
- Finally, take a look back at the whole application and submit the form.
WBPSC Food SI Recruitment 2023: Important Links
|WBPSC Food SI Recruitment Advertisement
|Visit the official website
|WBPSC Website Link
|Get more updates on
|NVSHQ, Home Page
Frequently Asked Questions
Whom to contact if we face any technical problems while filling out the application form?
Aspirants can contact the concerned authority through the below-mentioned contact details for technical support:
Help Desk: (033) 4058-5640 and Email-id: email@example.com
What is the selection process for the WBPSC Food SI Recruitment?
The officials are going to conduct the written exam for the position of Sub-Inspector. Qualified candidates will get shortlisted for the post.
What is the time period for submitting the West Bengal PSC Food SI Recruitment Form?
According to the official schedule, the officials will accept applications from eligible candidates between 23rd August to 20th September 2023.
What is the pay scale for the position of WBPSC Food SI?
Applicants getting selected for the position of Food Sub-Inspector will get the Pay Level 6: Rs. 22,700/- to 58,500/- as per ROPA-2019