WB Postal GDS Recruitment 2020: West Bengal postal circle recruitment has invited the notification for 2021 posts of WB GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak) Cycle-II/2019. The procedure for WB GDS online application has started from 18th Feb and will be available up to 18th March 2020 (extended to 31st March), so those candidates who are interested in the vacancy and fulfill the eligibility criteria may apply for the post by applying online @ indiapostgdsonline.in
Below in this article, you can find all the details about the recruitment, so first read it before moving to apply online.
- 1 WB GDS Recruitment 2020
- 2 WB GDS Cycle II Recruitment 2020 Eligibility
- 3 WB GDS Cycle II Recruitment 2019 Selection Criteria
- 4 Apply online for WB GDS Cycle II 2019-2020
- 5 WB Postal Circle GDS Important Points
WB GDS Recruitment 2020
|Name of the postal circle||West Bengal|
|Total number of posts||2021|
|Name of the posts||BPM, ABPM and Dak Sevak|
|Commencement of online procedure||18th of Feb 2020|
|Last date to apply online||18th March 2020 (extended to 21st March) Completed|
|Mode of Apply||Online only|
|Selection procedure||On merit basis|
List of a vacancy in West Bengal GDS Recruitment 2020
|Category||Total number of posts|
WB GDS Cycle II Recruitment 2020 Eligibility
Those candidates who are eyeing to apply for the WB GDS post must know whether they are eligible in terms of age or not.
For GDS post candidates
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 40 years
But if you belong to the reservation community then you might have some relaxation in the upper age limit. To know about your category do check the list which we have given below:
|PWD+ OBC||13 years|
|PWD+ SC/ST||15 years|
Now, it’s time for the candidates to know whether their academic qualification is eligible for the post of GDS or not.
Class 10th: Candidates must have passed their high school/10th class with pass mark from the recognized board
Meritorious: If you are among those who had passed their 10th class in one attempt will be treated as meritorious against the candidates who had passed the examination in a compartment.
Local Languages: Candidates who are applying for the post must know that they should know the local languages of the state very well and must have studied the local language in their high school.
The local language of West Bengal
- West Bengal (except Darjeeling): Bengali
- Darjeeling postal division (other than GTA): Nepali/Bengali
- Post offices under GTA (Gorkha Territorial Administration): Nepali
Knowledge of Computer
It is to be required from all candidates that they possess basic computer training course certificate of at least 60 days duration from any computer training institute which is run by central or state government or private institutes. But if candidates have a computer as a subject in their high school or in intermediate or in any other higher education qualification then they are relaxable for this.
Knowledge of cycling:
Candidates must have knowledge of cycling for all posts. But if candidates having knowledge of riding a scooter or motorcycle then it will be considered as knowledge of cycling and candidates have to submit a declaration for this.
WB GDS Cycle II Recruitment 2019 Selection Criteria
Those candidates who had applied for the post of GDS Cycle II successfully will be selected only on the basis of the merit list which is an automatic system generated and those whose name is shortlisted in the merit list will be called for document verification to know the authenticity of the candidates.
If any of the candidates having higher education qualification then they are not going to have any weightage for that.
Document required while applying online
While applying online for the post candidates need to upload some of their documents in scanned form and the scanned file should be in prescribed size, as we have mention below:
- SSC mark sheet/certificate: maximum size of 200 KB
- DOB certificate (in case it is not mentioned in the SSC mark sheet/certificate): maximum size of 200 KB
- The memo I (for those candidates who had not qualified in a single attempt): maximum size of 200 KB
- Additional SSC mark sheet/ certificate: Max. 200 KB
- Computer certificate: Max. 200 kb
- Category certificate: Max. 200 kb
- Passport size photo: Max. 50 kb
- Signature: Max. 50 kb
- Disability certificate: Max. 200 kb
Note: if you face any issue while uploading the document then you may contact
Apply online for WB GDS Cycle II 2019-2020
On fulfilling all requirements for the post of GDS, it’s time to know how to apply for the post online. For that below, we have given a few steps which on following you can easily apply for the post, in the end, we also have given the direct link to apply online.
First of all, candidates need to visit the official website (appost.in) of the Indian post to register themselves for the post by furnishing a few of their details like
- Candidates name (as mentioned in the high school mark sheet)
- Father name
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- PH (a type of disability) and percentage of disability
- Name of the state and board high school passed
- Year of passing high school
- High school certificate number/roll number (optional)
- But in case if you have already registered before then you do not need to register again you can use the same registration number to apply for the post.
Step-2: Application fee
- Once you register for the post successfully after that you need to pay the application fee by entering the registration number and password which you got while registering.
Note: If you do not want to pay your fee through online mode then you can also pay it through the offline in post offices assigned for that.
Click here to pay your fee online – https://appost.in/onlinefee/
Step-3: Apply online
- After paying the application fee you need to click on apply online for the post where…
- You need to fill the application form, it will also contain the details which you furnish while registering initially.
- After filling the application form you need to upload the required documents to their places
- After that, you need to fill the preferences for the post according to your choice
- Once you submit the preferences must preview the form to check the information furnished by you is correct or not and after doing that submit the form.
Click here to register online – https://indiapostgdsonline.in/phase5/fee.aspx
Click here in case you forgot registration number – https://indiapostgdsonline.in/phase5/Reg_forgot.aspx
Click here to change mobile number – https://indiapostgdsonline.in/phase5/Mobile_Change.aspx
WB GDS Recruitment cycle II 2019 Application fee
- UR/OBC/EWS: Rs. 100/- (each of the five option)
- SC/ST/PWD and female candidates: NIL
You can pay your application fee through online mode or via offline mode in selected post officers.
WB Postal Circle GDS Important Points
- You need to apply online only for the said post
- If you got both marks as well as grades in your high school then you must need to apply with marks only, in case anyone applies with grades only then your application form is liable to be rejected.
- In case if any two candidates having same marks then in that case candidates would be considered in the sequence of who is higher in age, ST (F), SC (F), OBC (F), EWS (F), ST (M), SC (M), OBC (M), EWS (M), UR (M)
- In a single application, you can apply for a maximum of 20 posts.
- If anyone of you uploads the false document or mention higher marks, then in both the cases your application is liable for rejection.
- You can view your application status on the website by entering the registration number and mobile number until the result has announced.
- The candidates will get intimation on his/her mobile number for provisionally selected and after that candidates will be called for verification to check the genuineness of the candidates.
- Department never makes a call to the candidates, so if you receive any such calls then do not disclose registration and mobile number to them.
WB Postal Circle GDS Job Profile
Those candidates who apply for the post of WB GDS must know the job profile of it. So for them, we have given the details of the job profile for all posts:
1. Branch Postmaster (BPM):
The duty of the BPM is to manage affairs of the GDS Branch post office, IPPB and uninterrupted service at the counter operation during the working hours.
BPM needs to manage the postal facility, maintenance of record, ensuring online transactions, and procurement of business in the panchayat came into the jurisdiction of the postmaster.
He/she is the team leader of the GDS post office and responsible for the smooth and timely functioning of their post office.
Sometimes BPM has to do the jobs of ABPMs when ordered. In some branches, BPM has to do all the work of BPM/ABPM
Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitments- State Wise
|GDS State Recruitment||Status|
|Madhya Pradesh GDS recruitment (2834)||Click here|
|Jammu and Kashmir GDS recruitment 2020 (442 Posts)||Click Here|
|Rajasthan GDS Recruitment 2020 (3262 Posts)||Check Here|
|Haryana GDS Recruitment 2020 (608 Posts)||Check Here|
|Odisha Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment (2060 Posts)||Check Here|
|Tamil Nadu GDS Recruitment (3162 Posts)||Check Here|
|Delhi GDS Recruitment Gramin Dak Sevak||Check Here|
|HP Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment||Check Here|
|Jharkhand GDS Application Form (1118 Posts)||Apply Here (Last Date 11th December)|
|Kerala Post Gramin Dak Sevak GDS Recruitment||Check Here|
|Karnataka Post GDS Recruitment||Check Here|
|Gujarat GDS Recruitment||Check Here|
|Punjab GDS Recruitment (516 Posts)||Apply Here (Last Date 11th December)|
|Chhattisgarh GDS Recruitment||Check Here|
|TS GDS Recruitment||Check Here|
|AP GDS Recruitment||Check Here|
|Maharashtra GDS Recruitment||Check Here|
|North Eastern Postal Circle Recruitment Cycle III (948 Posts)||Apply Here (Last Date 11th December)|
2. ABPM (Assistant Branch Postmaster)
Under the ABPM candidates has to do the job like sale of stamps, stationery, conveyance and the delivery of mail at doorstep and deposits/payment and other transaction under IPPB. They also need to assist the Branch postmaster.
They are required to do marketing and organization melas and other work that is assigned by the branch postmaster.
3. Dak Sevak
As the name suggests the first job of the Dak Sevak is to deliver the posts in the area allotted to him/her and besides that he/she has to furnish some other duties at the post office like sale of stamps, stationery and some other work which was assigned by the postmaster/ Sub postmaster.
This post also includes the work in the departmental post officer of IPPB. It is to be noted here that the work performed by the candidates in IPPB will not include in the calculation of TRCA because it will be done on an incentive basis.
GDS has to assist postmaster/sub-postmaster to manage the smooth functioning of departmental post officers and some marketing also.
Some other work can be assigned for GDS by IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs/SRM/SSRM etc.
GDS also needs to handle work in RMS (railway mail service) like closing and opening of boxes, transportation of bags from one place to other and other duties assigned by the RMS.
Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA)
Below we have given the minimum TRCA which is payable to the post of GDS candidates:
- Rs. 12,000/- (for a minimum of 4 hours in level 1) and…
- 14,500/- (for a minimum of 5 hours in level 2)
- 10,000/- (for a minimum of 4 hours in level 1) and…
- 12,000/- (minimum for 5 hours in level 2)
WB GDS Circle II Recruitment 2019-2020 Security
If on the engagement of GDS it is required from the candidates that they must furnish security amount as it prescribed time to time. The security amount for Branch postmaster and other categories of GDS is ABPM and Dak Sevak is Rs. 1,00,000/-
Check state-wise GDS result for all the postal circles given as under-
|State Results||Vacancies||Result Status|
|Gujarat||2510 Posts||Released (Check Here)|
|Karnataka||2637 Posts||Released (Check Here)|
|Assam GDS Result||919 Posts||Available Soon|
|Kerala||2086 Posts||Check Here|
|Delhi||174 Posts||Released (Check Here)|
|HP GDS Merit List||634 posts||Available Soon|
|Bihar||1063 Posts||Check Here|
|Jharkhand GDS Result||1118 Posts (Cycle III)||Available Soon|
|Odisha GDS Result||2060 Posts Cycle III||Available (Check here)|
|Punjab GDS Result||516 Posts (Cycle III)||Available Soon|
|Andhra Pradesh||2707 Posts||Check Here|
|Tamilnadu GDS Result||3162 Posts Cycle III||Available Soon|
|Chhattisgarh||1799 Posts||Check Here|
|Telangana||970 Posts||Check Here|
|Maharashtra||3650 Posts||Check Here|
|Uttar Pradesh||5314 Posts||Check Here|
|West Bengal GDS Result||2021 Posts||Check Here (Released)|
|JK GDS Result||442 Posts||Check Here (Released on 29th Sep 2020)|
|Uttarakhand GDS Result||774 Posts||Released|
|MP GDS Result||2834 Posts||Check here Released on 25th Nov 2020|
|Haryana GDS Result||608 Posts||Click Here (Released on 15th October 2020)|
|North Eastern GDS Result||948 Posts (Cycle III)||Available Soon|
|Rajasthan GDS Result||3262 Posts||Available Soon|