Uttarakhand GDS Application form 2020: Uttarakhand Postal Circle has issued an employment notification to recruit GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak). The online application for the recruitment has commenced from June 8th 2020. Those candidates who are interested in the recruitment drive can apply for the post from the official website of the India Post and the link for the same is given below. But before applying online you must know the criteria of eligibility for the post. Applicants below in this article you will collect all important information about the Uttarakhand GDS Application Form 2020
Uttarakhand GDS Application form 2020
The postal department of Uttarakhand is going to recruit 724 Branch postmasters, assistant branch postmaster, and Dak Sevak. The online application portal for the post is live and will be available for candidates till 7th July 2020. If you have completed 10th class with some extra skills whose details has given below then you are eligible for the post, also it is important for applicants that they must know the local language of the state.
Uttarakhand GDS Application form 2020: Overview
|Recruitment name||Uttarakhand GDS cycle II recruitment|
|Name of the authority||India post|
|Number of posts||724|
|Online application starts from||8/June/2020|
|Last date to apply online||7/July/2020|
|Application fee||Rs 100/- (other categories) Nil (for reserved category)|
|Education qualification||10th High school|
Eligibility criteria for Uttarakhand GDS Cycle II Recruitment 2020
Those candidates who are interested in the recruitment drive need to check the criteria of eligibility for the post whose details is mention below:
The Applicant minimum and maximum age will be 18 years and 40 years respectively. But those who belong to reserve category may get some relaxation in the upper age limit which is given as:
- SC: 5 years
- ST: 3 years
- PWD: 10 years
- PWD+OBC: 13 years
- PWD+ SC/ST: 15 years
Applicants must have a certificate of secondary school examination (10th class).
And they must have passing marks in Maths, English and the local language and these subject must be studied as a compulsory or elective subject in the examination conducted by their board.
Those who passed their 10th class examination in one attempt will be treated as meritorious against those candidates who cleared their examination compartmentally.
Local language knowledge
The applicants must know the local language and they must study that as a subject at least at 10th standard.
The local language of Uttarakhand state is Hindi.
Check >>> New National Education Policy
Basic Computer Training
The candidates applying for the post must be required to furnish a basic computer training course whose duration must be of 60 days and the certificate must be obtained from any training institute which is run by central/ state/ private institutions.
If applicants have a computer as a subject in their higher studies then they will get the relaxation from this.
Knowledge of cycling
It is a pre-requisite condition for all posts of GDS that they must know about cycling. But in case if a candidate knows how to ride a scooter or motorcycle then it will be considered as knowledge of cycling.
Selection Criteria for the Post
- The selection for the post will be done by an automatic generated merit list.
- No weightage will be given for applicants having higher qualification.
- Marks obtained by candidates in 10th aggregated to percentage with the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for selection.
- If you have both marks and grade then you have to apply with marks only but in case if you apply with grades then you will not be considered for selection.
- If any candidates have same marks then the merit order will be taken as DOB/ ST trans-woman/ ST Female/ SC Transwoman/ SC female/ OBC transwoman/ OBCS female/ EWS Trans woman/ EWS female/ UR trans woman/ UR female/ ST Trans male/ ST male/ SC transmale/ SC male/ OBC transmale/ OBC male/ EWS Transmale/ EWS male/ UR transmale/ UR male.
- Any candidates can apply for a maximum of 20 posts as per the cycle of online engagement.
Documents required for Uttarakhand GDS Application Form 2020
The candidates applying for the post need to upload some documents in the application form whose details and size of the file is given below.
|Documents name||Size of document||Upload mandatory or not|
|10th class/ SSC Certificate||200KB||For all|
|10th class/ SSC mark sheet||200KB||Mandatory in case candidates have certificate without grades/marks/points|
|DOB proof||200KB||Mandatory if DOB not available in the SSC marksheet|
|Computer certificate||200KB||It will also be required at the time of engagement.|
|Community certificate||200KB||For all except UR|
|Disability certificate||200KB||For PH candidates|
|Transgender certificate||200KB||For transgender candidates|
Application fee for the Recruitment
- UR/OBC/EWS/male/Trans-man: Rs. 100/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Female/Transwoman: Nil
- The application fee can be submitted online or offline.
Uttarakhand GDS Recruitment 2020| List of vacancies
Below we have given the list of vacancies according to the category
|Category||Number of posts|
How to Apply for Uttarakhand GDS Application Form 2020?
Applicants interested and found eligible for the post need to register online through the portal by submitting some of their details. Below we have given the procedure of filling the application form so that applicants can apply for the post easily.
- To register for the post you need to visit the official website of the department whose link is given below.
- Now on the home page of the portal, you need to select the registration and submit your details to register.
- Once you had registered successfully after that you need to pay the application fee for the recruitment by clicking on the payment link.
- After making payment applicants need to fill the application form for the post by clicking on the link.
- In this, you need to first enter the registration number and select the circle and submit the same.
- After this, you need to fill some details in the application form.
- Later on, you need to upload documents as the list for the same is mentioned above.
- After uploading the documents you need to choose the preferences.
- After submitting the preferences your application will be submitted successfully, now you need to take a print out of the application for future reference.
Uttarakhand GDS recruitment 2020| Helpline number
If you have any query related to the notification then you can mail it to the authority at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 0135-2655911
For any technical issue while filling the form send your query at email@example.com
the TRCA applicable for post of GDS is given as:
Frequently Asked Question
The candidates can apply for the post online through the India Post official website.
7th July 2020
Yes, you need to submit an academic qualification certificate and mark sheet, DOB proof, photo, signature, and other certificates.
The selection will be based on an automatic generated merit list.
Reserved category candidates do not need to pay any fee while the other need to submit 100 Rs.
Uttarakhand GDS Recruitment 2020 Job Profile
Below we have given the job profile for all three posts read the duties need to be performed by every posts before applying for that.