UPSC CAPF Recruitment AC application form 2020: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has recently published a notification for the recruitment of 209 Assistant Commandants (ACs) in various Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) viz. BSF, CISF, ITBP, CRPF, and SSB. The UPSC CAPF application procedure has been started from 18th August 2020. Candidates can apply only through online mode. No physical application forms have been made available. So aspiring candidates wanted to join the CAPFs and are eligible can apply through UPSC portal before 7th September 2020. It is a golden opportunity for those who want to serve the country by joining the CAPF forces.
Update: Live link to submit application will be active till 7th September 2020 (6:00 pm).
To assist the candidates interested in applying for this job we have provided detailed article related to the application procedure and all the important information related to this recruitment drive. Candidates can go through the article can collect complete information.
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020
|Name of the recruitment||UPSC Recruitment 2020|
|Article category||UPSC CAPF AC Application registration form|
|Exam type||Recruitment exam|
|Recruiting Authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Post||Assistant Commandant (CAPFs)|
|Job location||Anywhere in India|
|Application status||Active now|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Written examination|
|UPSC CAPF Application portal||Apply Here|
|Official notice||Read Here|
UPSC CAPF recruitment application form important dates
|Date of release of official notice||18th August 2020|
|Commencement of submission of online application||18th August 2020|
|Last date for submitting online application||7th September 2020|
|Withdrawal of application||14th to 20th September 2020 (till 6:00 PM)|
|Issue of admit card||Three weeks prior the exam date|
|Date of exam||20 December 2020|
|Declaration of result||TBA|
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
The table shows the names of the services that will be offered under this recruitment drive and the number of vacancies under each force.
|Name of the force||No of vacancies|
|Border Security Force (BSF)||78|
|Central Reserved Police Force (CRPF)||13|
|Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)||69|
|Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITPB)||27|
|Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)||22|
10 % of the vacancies are reserved for Ex-Service as per the policy of Government. The number of aforementioned vacancies is subject to alteration.
UPSC CAPF Application form Eligibility
Candidates interested in apply for UPSC CAPF should satisfy the eligibility criteria first. They must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility requirements before filling the application form.
Those who are willing to apply online can check the eligibility requirement for this particular recruitment provided as under-
- Candidates should be a citizen of India.
- Both male and female candidates are eligible for the post of Assistant Commandant.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree/equivalent from arecognized college/ university.
- Candidates possessing any professional or technical qualification recognized by the Government are also eligible.
- Final year appearing candidates can also apply provided they must produce the minimum educational qualification certificate/ documents when required.
- The minimum age and maximum age of the candidates must be 20 years and 25 years as on 1st August 2020 respectively. It means candidates should not have born before 2nd August 1995 and not later than 1st August 2000.
- A category-wise relaxation in the upper age limit of the candidates is also applicable. The age relaxation criterion is as follows-
|Category of the candidates||Age relaxation in upper age limit|
|SC/ST candidates||Up to 5 years|
|OBC candidates||Upto 3 years|
|Civilian Central Government Servants/ Ex. Serviceman||Up to 5 years|
|People domiciled in J&K between 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||Up to 5 years|
Other eligibility conditions
Check >>> New National Education Policy
- Applicants should also meet the desired physical standard criteria.
- Candidates possessing NCC “B” and “C” certificate will only be given consideration at the time of Personality test/ interview
UPSC CAPF AC Application Form 2020
- Applicants who are eligible and interested in this recruitment can apply as application window is currently active.
- Candidates have to apply only through the online mode.
- Applicants should have a valid email and mobile No. and that should be retained till the end of selection procedure.
- Candidates should go through all the instructions before filling the application form.
- Applicants should fill each detail carefully in the application form as they cannot make any changes once it has been submitted.
- They should apply within the stipulated time frame. Once the application portal will be deactivated no applicant will be able to apply.
- Candidates can also withdraw the application in case they do not want to appear for the exam.
- Incomplete and defective applications will be rejected and no correspondence in this regards shall be entertained.
- They should attempt to submit multiple applications. In case, an applicant has submitted multiple applications then only the application with higher RID (Registration ID) will be accepted.
- They should be more cautious while filling the exam centers.
- They must be ready with all the necessary documents before filling the application.
- Online application form will consist of two parts and will be available in two languages i.e. Hindi and English but candidates have to fill the form in English only.
- They are not required to send the printed application form the commission’s office. How it should be retained for future references by the candidates.
How to apply for UPSC CAPF recruitment application online 2020
As application procedure is completely online candidates have to apply as per the instructions of the Commission. Candidates can take help from the step-wise process shared below for filling the online application form.
Part I – Registration
- Visit the Application portal https://upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on relevant examination link.
- Click on “Part I registration” option.
- Read all the instructions carefully and click on “Yes” option given at the end of the page.
- Fill the registration form with accurate information hit “Continue” button.
After the completion of Part-I, applicants can take printout of the page by clicking on “Print Slip” option.
Part II- Registration
- Make payment of the requisite application fee. Those who are exempted from application form can skip this step.
- Now applicants have to select the examination center from the drop-down menu.
- Upload Scanned images of photograph, signature and ID Proof in the format specified by the Commission. They have to click on “Confirm Upload” button.
- Read the declaration and click on “Agree” button.
- On successful submission, a registration ID will be generated and candidates will be given an option to “View/ Print Application.”
- Print the application form and retain it for future correspondence.
Click here to apply- https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php#
UPSC CAPF Application fee
- Candidates have to make payment of Rs.200/- as application fee.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Female category are exempted from the payment of application fee.
- Application fees can be paid through the SBI Net Banking, credit card/debit card or through cash at SBI.
- Application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Applicants can also submit their fee by cash for that they need to generate pay in slip during the part II registration and submit the cash at SBI any branch.
UPSC Recruitment Withdrawal of Application
UPSC has introduced a provision for withdrawal of application. In case a candidate who has filled the online application but is not willing to appear for the examination then he/she can withdraw the application.
Applicants can only request for withdrawal of application only in the time limit specified by the commission i.e. 14th to 20th September 2020 (till 6.00 pm). They must go through all the important instructions related to the withdrawal of the application shared on the official portal.
There is no provision for withdrawal of incomplete applications. At the time of taking away the application, candidates have to provide details of the registered application. Candidates should note that no refund of application fee will be made. After successful withdrawal of the application, applicants should take a printout of the authenticated receipt.
If any candidates submitted more than one application then application submitted higher will be considered for withdrawn and rest of the application will be automatically rejected.
On successfully withdrawl of application an auto generated Email/SMS will be sent to candidates registered number and Email Id.
But in case request was not submitted by candidates then they need to report immediately with the commission on their email id i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
UPSC CAPF Recruitment Selection Procedure 2020
Selection of the suitable candidates for ACs in various CAPFs will be made on the basis of following stages-
- Stage I: Written Examination-
The first stage will include a written examination that was scheduled to be held on 20th December. the written examination will comprise of two papers, one will be held from 10 AM to 12 PM and the second one from 2 to 5 PM. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks to be shortlisted for the next round.
- Paper-I will be of 250 marks and the question in this will be based in General Ability and Intelligence.
- Paper-II will be of 200 marks and questions in this will be based in general studies, essay, and comprehension.
- Stage 2: Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests (PETs) and Medical Standards Tests-
Those who will qualify the written exam will be called for physical standard test followed by Physical Efficiency Test and Medical standard test. The testing parameters for males and females will be different.
PET parameters for candidates-
|100 metres race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 metres race||In 3 min 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long jump||3.5 meters (3 chances)||3.0 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot put (7.26 kg)||4.5 meters||–|
- Stage 3: Interview/Personality Test-
Candidates who will clear the second round will be invited for interview and personality test. It will consist of 150 marks. At this stage, provisionally selected candidates will be given a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which they have to fill their preferences for the forces with other details.
- Stage 4: Final Selection / Merit-
Final selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of written test and interview/ personality test.
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020- Written Exam Pattern
- Mode of exam- written examination
- No. of papers- Two papers
- Type of questions- Objective type questions
- Medium of exam- English, and Hindi
|Part I||General Ability and Intelligence||250||2 hours|
|Part II||General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension||200||3 hours|
UPSC CAPF Recruitment Exam 2020 Syllabus
- Paper I- General Ability and Intelligence
Questions will be asked from the following topics- General Mental Ability (quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, numerical ability, data interpretation), General Science, Current Affairs and events of national and international importance (such as arts, culture, music, literature, governance, societal and developmental issues, sports, business, globalisation, industry etc.), History of India, Indian Polity & Economy, Indian and World Geography.
- Paper II- General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension
It will include long essay writing question from modern Indian history, précis writing, Comprehension passages, simple grammar, developing counter arguments and other aspects of language testing.
UPSC CAPF Admit Card 2020
Admit card will be issued to all the registered candidates who will appear for the written exam. Commission will publish the e-admit card on its online portal three weeks before the commencement of exam.
UPSC Recruitment Exam Centres
UPSC exam is going to be conducted in the following exam centres-
|Gangtok||Patna||Hyderabad||Port Blair and Ahmedabad|
Centers will be allotted on “first apply-first allot” basis. They should apply as early as they can so that they could get exam center of their choice. Commission reserves rights to change the Exam centers at its discretion. The allotment of exam center will be final no request for change of any center will not granted.
In case of any guidance or assistance related to online application, candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus personally or over Telephone. The contact nos. are as follows- 011-23385271/011-23098543/ 011-23381125
Hope you have understood how to apply online for the UPSC CAPF recruitment 2020. In case you face any difficulty or problem in UPSC capf application form then comment below and our response team will help you assist it ASAP.