UP Police SI Recruitment 2020: UP government has come up with good news for all the young aspirants of the state who are dreaming and aspiring to be a Sub-Inspector and Platoon Commander in Uttar Pradesh Police. UPPBPB will be going to release soon official notification under which they will recruit 9534 candidates for the post of SI and Platoon Commander in the UP Police Department. Candidates who are interested in the posts can collect information from this article given below.
Update: New notice release by UPPBPB related to the recruitment of SI in UP in which they have revised the number of vacancies. (Check notice below)
It is a golden opportunity for all the candidates who are aspiring to join UP Police. They should not waste this opportunity and should start preparing for it and should submit applications on time. However, the recruiting department has not published an official notification regarding the same yet.
UP Police SI Recruitment | Platoon Commander 2020
Application procedure for the same is going to start most probably in the end of December 2020. Eligible candidates can submit applications online within the specified dates. For the convenience of the applicants, we will also provide the application link and other important links in this article.
In this post, we have gathered all the information important from the point of view of this upcoming recruitment for our readers. Here we have shared details about UP Police SI recruitment schedule, application process, eligibility criteria, vacancy details, selection process, examination details, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
UP Police SI and Platoon Commander Recruitment 2020- Details
|Examination||UP Police SI Examination 2020|
|Article category||Recruitment details|
|Concerned Authority||Uttar Pradesh Police|
|Recruiting Authority||UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Department|
|Notification No.||PRPB: Two (2)/2019|
|Name of the post||Sub Inspector civil police, |
Platoon commander/SI Armed Police (male), Fire service second officer (male)
|Job location||Uttar Pradesh|
|Selection Basis||Selection test and PST/PET|
|Application date||Notified soon|
|Mode of registration||Online|
|Advertisement/Corrigendum for the post of SI||Click here|
Official notification- available soon
Application link- will be available soon
Pay Scale (SI)- Rs.9300-34,800 Grade Pay Rs.4200/
UP Police Sub-Inspector Platoon Commander Recruitment 2020
UP Police recruitment drive for the post of SI and Platoon Commander will be conducted by UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Department. The department will invite applications, conducted exam, PST and all the activities related to the recruitment. Candidates can collect all the information related to this recruitment by visiting the official website of UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Department.
Check >>> New National Education Policy
The major change in this recruitment that candidates are going to witness from this year onwards is the minimum qualifying marks criteria. Department has made a significant amendment in the selection process. From this year onwards, SI candidates have to secure minimum 35% marks in each subject instead of 50%. However, they still have to secure aggregate 50% marks in all the subjects together.
Earlier they were required to score at least 50% marks in each subject and also in aggregate but from now onwards they only have to secure minimum 35% marks in every subject to qualify the exam. This is a good news for all the candidates who are aspiring to get a job of SI in UP Police.
UP Police SI Recruitment 2020- Important Dates
As of now no official dates are available but to give aspiring candidates an idea about the recruitment here we have shared the expected dates of each event of the recruitment as per information collected from various sources. Have a look at the tentative schedule given below and start preparing accordingly-
|Publication of advertisement||Available Soon|
|Commencement of online registration||Available Soon|
|Last date for registration||Available Soon|
|Issue of admit card||Available Soon|
|Date of examination||Available Soon|
|Declaration of result||Available Soon|
Official dates will be updated once the official notification available by the department.
UP Police SI recruitment- Post/ Vacancy Details
The district-wise and category-wise vacancy details will be updated soon. But from table given below candidates will get to know about the number of vacancy in particular posts.
|Sub-Inspector Civil Police||Male: 5623 |
|Platoon Commander/SI Armed Police (male)||484|
|Fire service second officer (male)||23|
|Revised posts||6130 + 3404= 9534|
UP Police SI Recruitment- Eligibility
Before filling the application forms, all the applicants are advised to check the eligibility requirements for this post. Ineligible candidates should not apply as if a candidate is found ineligible at any stage of the selection process, his/her candidature will be canceled.
Check the eligibility details shared as under-
- Candidates should be a citizen of India.
- The minimum age of candidate should be 21 years and maximum age should be 28 years as on 1st July 2020. However, relaxation in upper age limit is applicable to reserved categories. The details regarding the same are as follows-
|Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||—|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||—|
|Other Backward Classes||—|
- Applicants should have a bachelor degree from a recognized college/ university.
- Candidate should be mentally and physically fit.
- Both male and female candidates can apply.
For complete information on eligibility criteria, candidates should wait for the release of advertisement.
Candidates have to go through the following stages to get selected for the post of SI in UP Police-
- PST (Physical Standard Test)
- Written Examination
- PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
- Document Verification
- Medical Test
UP Police SI Recruitment Application Procedure
- Application for this recruitment will be invited in online mode.
- Candidates have to submit applications only from the official website.
- No offline application will be accepted.
- Candidates must read the important instructions before filling the application.
- Only eligible candidates should submit applications.
- Entries in the application form should be filled with utmost care as candidates will not get any option for correction after final submission.
- Application should be submitted on time as after the last date the application link will be removed from the official website.
- All the documents should be uploaded in format specified by the board.
- No candidate is required to send the printed application to UP Police office.
How to fill the application?
To fill the applications online, applicants have to follow the given instructions-
- Visit the official portal of UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Department i.e. http://uppbpb.gov.in.
- Click on the relevant application link given on the homepage.
- Register by providing valid email, mobile no. and required details.
- After successful registration, login with login details.
- Fill all the information in the application form.
- Upload required documents in format specified.
- Make payment of the application fee.
- Check the entries again before final submission.
- Submit the application form.
- Take the printout of the application form and fee payment receipt for future references.
Candidates have to pay an application form of Rs.400/-. It can be paid through E-Challan, Debit, credit and Internet banking.
UP Police SI Recruitment Exam Scheme
- Mode of exam- Offline (Written exam)
- Type of Questions- Objective Type Questions
- Total Questions- 160
- Total Marks- 400
- Medium of question paper- Hindi and English
- Exam duration- 2 hours
- Qualifying marks- 35% in each subject and 50% together in all subject
|Numerical & Mental Ability Test||40||100|
|Mental Aptitude Test/Intelligence Test/ Reasoning||40||100|
- General Hindi-
Letter Writing, Passage, Word Knowledge, Antonym, Synonym, Use of Words, One Word Substitutions, Sentence Correction & Idioms & Phrases
- Law & Constitution-
General Knowledge about Indian Constitution, Fundamental Rights, Aim of Constitution, Directive Principles, All India Service, Information about social Law related to women, children, Rules & Regulations of constitutional Amendments, Reservation of SC/ ST, Environment, Human Rights, Traffic Rules, Wild Life Conservation, National Security Issues, Right of Self Defence, Principle of Crime Punishment, General Knowledge about Law etc.
- Numerical and Mental Ability Test-
- Numerical Aptitude-
Number System, Decimal & Fraction, HCF LCM, Ratio & Proportion, Simplification, Percentage, , Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership, , Use of Table & Graph, Time & Work, Distance, Mensuration & Miscellaneous.
- Mental Ability Test-
Logical Diagrams, Codification, Perception Test, Word formation Test, Symbol-Relationship Interpretation, Letter and number series, Common Sense Test, Word and alphabet Analogy, Direction sense Test, Logical interpretation of data, Letter and number coding, Determining implied meanings, Forcefulness of argument,
- Mental Aptitude Test/Intelligence Quotient Test/Test of Reasoning-
- Mental Aptitude Test
Public Interest, Law & Order, Rule of Law, Ability of Adaptability, Professional Information (Basic level), Communal Harmony, Crime Control, Police System, Basic Law, Interest in Profession, Contemporary Police Issues & Law and order, Sensitivity towards minorities and underprivileged & Gender sensitivity, Mental Toughness
- Intelligence Quotient Test-
Relationship and Analogy Test, Venn Diagram and chart type test, Series Completion, Coding-Decoding, spotting out the dissimilar, Direction Sense Test, Blood Relation, Problems based on alphabet, Time sequence test, Arranging in order, Mathematical ability Test
- Test of Reasoning-
Analogies, Differences, Similarities, Space visualization, Decision-making, Visual memory, Discrimination, Observation, Relationship, Problem solving, Analysis and Judgment, Concepts, Arithmetical reasoning, Verbal and figure classification, Arithmetical number series, Arithmetical computations, and other analytical functions, Abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships
- Application can be submitted only through the online mode within the specified dates.
- Applicants must have an active mobile no. and active email ID.
- They must keep all the documents and details handy before filling the application form.
- Candidates should applications on time to avoid last-minute rush.
- Candidates can fill applications from one district only.
Note- All the information shared in this article regarding UP SI Recruitment is based on the previous recruitment details and information available on official website. Candidates are advised to completely rely on this information as there might be changes in it. They should wait for the release of official website.
Candidate should stay in touch with the official website for each and every update related to UP Police SI and Platoon Commander Recruitment 2020.