UPSC GEO Scientist Recruitment 2020: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is inviting the applications from the interested and eligible candidates to participate in the UPO GEO Scientist Recruitment exam 2020. The candidates will have to submit their applications online till 21 October 2020. The department issued a notification for the prelim exam of Geo-Scientist on 7 October 2020.
UPSC released the notification of Combined Geo-Scientist Examination on its website. The application process to participate in the examination will be conducted online. Interested candidates can apply online after confirming their eligibility. The department has released 40 vacancies to recruit the candidates on the post of GEO Scientist post. This page contains the important information related to the UPSC GEO Scientist Recruitment 2020 including required eligibility criteria, how to apply and exam schedule.
UPSC GEO Scientist Recruitment 2020
|Post Name||GEO Scientist|
|Exam Name||UPSC Geo Scientist Recruitment Exam 2020|
|Exam Conducted By||Union Public Service Commission|
|Notification Released on||7 October 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||21 October 2020|
|Mode To Apply||Online|
|Exam Date||Yet to be Announced|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
UPSC GEO Scientist Application form 2020
UPSC has issued the notification of GEO Scientist recruitment for the year 2020. Last year too UPSC released the notification for the same post in September month so aspirants were looking forward to the notification for 2020. In the recruitment notification, the UOSC has asked the candidates to ensure their eligibility first before applying for the available vacancies.
The selection of the candidates will first depend on their eligibility then their performance in the exam. If at any stage it found out that the candidate does not fulfil the eligibility criteria then his/her application to apply for the vacant post will get rejected immediately.
The candidates can apply online for the available vacancies after checking if they are eligible for the post or not. It is a must for the candidates to apply for the available vacancies on or before the last date. The department is accepting only online applications so no need to send application through post or courier to participate in the recruitment process.
It is also important for the interested candidates to apply for the vacancies with UPSC a few days before the last day of submission. If in the case due to some technical issues the website will get down then also you will not lose the chance to apply for the vacant post. Now let’s move forward to know the eligibility criteria set by UPSC to apply for available vacancies.
Check >>> New National Education Policy
|UPSC GEO Scientist Recruitment Notification 2020 Released on||7 October 2020|
|The Application Process to apply for the vacancies will start from||7 October 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||27 October 2020|
|Prelim Exam Date||21 February 2021|
|Mains Exam Date||17 and 18 July 2021|
UPSC Geo-Scientist Available Vacancies
According to the UPSC Geo Scientist recruitment 2020, the department has 40 vacancies. Here is the detail of same;
|Name of the Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Chemist (Group A)||15|
|CGWB Scientist B Hydrogeology||16|
|CGWB Scientist B Chemical||03|
|CGWB Scientist B Geophysics||06|
Eligibility Criteria to apply for UPSC GEO Scientist Recruitment
Here we have divided the eligibility criteria in age and qualification for the convenience of the candidates.
- Minimum age of the candidates to apply for the vacancies of GEO Scientist is 21 years and the maximum age to apply is 31 years.
- The maximum age can be extended up to 7 years for government employees.
- For the candidates from SC category, the maximum age limit can be extended up to 5 years and for OBC candidates it can be extendable up to 3 years.
- Candidates from military and a few other professions can also get an extension up to 3-5 years in upper age limit to apply for the vacancies. Applicants can check the notification to know more about the extension in upper age limit.
Here is the minimum required educational qualification to apply for the available vacancies of GEO Scientist with UPSC;
- For Chemist Gr ‘A’ and Scientist ‘B’(Chemical): The applicants must have done M. Sc. in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry or Applied Chemistry from a government recognised university.
- For Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group: The applicant must have a Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology from a government recognised university.
- For Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group: M.Sc in Physics or Geophysics or Marine Geophysics or Applied Physics or Applied Geophysics or M.Sc (Technology) (Applied Geophysics) Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or is required a government recognised university.
How to Apply for UP GEO Scientist Recruitment 2020 online
After reading the above mentioned information about the eligibility criteria to apply for the available vacancies if you think you are eligible too then you apply online. UPPSC has released the online application and to apply for the available vacancies you will have to fill the application form and submit it before the last day of submission. Here we have given the instructions to apply for UOSC Geo Scientist Recruitment 2020;
- To apply for the above-discussed pos, click here. The following page will appear on your screen;
- Click on the link given in the table with the title of ‘Click Here for the part I’.
- Some instructions will appear on the page. Read them and click on Yes button given on its bottom. Keep your Photograph, Signature and other documents ready as per requirement. The required size of documents and photographs will be as follows;
- Fill the application form and pay the application fee to participate in the recruitment process for the post of GEO Scientist.
UP Geo-Scientist Application Fee
Paying the application fee is an integral part of applying for the vacancies of Geo Scientist released by UPSC. If any candidates have applied for the vacancies but didn’t pay the application fee then his application will get rejected. The candidates can pay the application fee online through debit card, credit card and net banking. Here is the application fee that a candidate has to pay;
- For the male candidates from UR, OBC and EWS categories the application fee is Rs. 200.
- Candidates from reserved categories SC, ST, PH and Female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Selection Procedure
Selection of the candidates will be done in two phases; Prelim and Mains Exam. the authorities will release the Admit card for both of the exams. All the candidates who fulfil the required eligibility criteria can participate in the prelim exam. to take the mains examination the candidates will have to quality the prelim examination.
Prelim Exam Pattern
The prelim exam will be having two parts. Part I is for General Studies and Part II will be having subject-specific questions. The duration for both of the parts of the prelim exam will be 2 hours. Part I will be having a maximum of 100 marks and part II will be having 300 marks.
Mains Exam Pattern
On clearing the prelim exam the candidates will appear in the Mains exam. This exam will be conducted in July 2020. It will be having three papers. Each paper will be for 200 marks and the duration of each exam will be 3 hours. All three papers will be subject specific.
On clearing this examination the candidtes will be called for document verification based on their rank in the merit list.