UP GDS Cycle II 2020 Apply online @appost.in:- Uttar Pradesh Postal Circle has released the notification for 3951 posts of GDS Cycle II/2019. If you are among those candidates who are interested in the recruitment and wanted to apply then first check the eligibility criteria which we have given below. The application process for the recruitment has been started from 23 March and it will be available till 22 April 2020. You may apply for the UP GDS Cycle II 2020 recruitment from the official website of India post.
Candidates below you will find every detail about the recruitment so be with the article till the end.
- 1 UP GDS Cycle II 2020 Recruitment
- 2 UP GDS Cycle II 2020 List of Vacancy
- 3 UP GDS Cycle II Recruitment 2020 Eligibility
- 4 UP GDS Cycle II Recruitment Selection
- 5 How to apply online for the UP GDS Recruitment?
- 6 TRCA (Time Related Continuity Allowance)
- 7 Job Profile of GDS Scale II 2020
UP GDS Cycle II 2020 Recruitment
Last year when UP postal circle has announced the recruitment under the GDS(Gramin Dak Sevak) cycle I then so many candidates have shown the interest for recruitment and now when UP GDS has issued the recruitment for Cycle II then we can also expect the same this time. This year they are going to recruit 3951 candidates for the post of BPM, ABPM, and Dak Sevak. If you are eligible for any of the posts then before applying online read the other information given below.
UP GDS Cycle II 2020: Overview
Name of the postal circle
Number of posts
Name of the posts
Branch postmaster (BPM), Asst. branch postmaster (ABPM) and Dak Sevak
Online and offline
Online application starts from
23 March 2020
Last date to apply online
22 April 2020
Also Check: WB GDS Cycle II Result 2020
UP GDS Cycle II 2020 List of Vacancy
|Category||Number of posts|
UP GDS Cycle II Recruitment 2020 Eligibility
Before moving to the online application you must know the eligibility criteria because, it will clear all the queries whether you are eligible or not. Below we have given the eligibility criteria for the post.
- Minimum: 18 years
- Maximum: 40 years
Note: Age will be calculated as on 23 March 2020
Relaxation in upper age limit
If you are applying under the reserved category then you are eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit which is:
Applicants applying for the said post must have completed their Secondary school examination (10th Standard) and…
They must have passing marks in Mathematics and English and both subject must have studied as compulsory or as elective.
And the examination board must be recognized from India/state government.
If you are among the candidates who have cleared his/her 10 class examinations in a first attempt then you will be treated as meritorious against the candidates who have passed the exam compartmentally.
Knowledge of local language
It is mandatory for the applicants applying for the post that, they must have knowledge of the local language and they have studied it at least up to 10th class.
The candidates applying for the post of BPM must know basic computer and also a certificate of it at least 60 days from any computer training institute which is run by the state/central government but… if you have studied computer as a subject in matriculation or your higher studies then you do not need to furnish the same.
Knowledge of cycling
It is to be noted that the knowledge of cycle is a must for all GDS post but in case they know about riding a scooter or motorcycle then it will be considered as knowledge of cycle.
UP GDS Application fee
- UR/OBC/EWS (male): INR 100/-
- SC/ST/PWD and all-female: Exempted
Note: You may submit your application through both means online or offline. Online fee will be submitted through Debit/credit/net banking and the offline fee will be submitted in any of the Head post officer or other identified post office in India (below we have shared the list of the post office)
UP GDS Cycle II Recruitment Selection
- The procedure of selection for the post will be as per the automatically generated merit list based on the application submitted by the candidates.
- However, no weightage will be given to the candidates who have studied higher studies and…
- The selection will be purely based on the marks secured by them in class 10 from any recognized board.
- If you have both grades and marks then you must apply with the marks only but in case you apply with grades only then the application submitted by you will be rejected.
In case two or more than two candidates secured the same marks then the order of merit will be:
DOB> ST female> SC female> OBC female> EWS female> UR female> ST male> SC male> OBC male> EWS male> UR male
Documents Required to Upload
Before applying online it is must for all candidates that they must keep the following documents ready in scanned prescribed format which we have listed below:
|Documents||Format and size||Mandatory or not|
|SSC mark sheet/mark memo/certificate||.jpg/.jpeg (200KB)||Mandatory|
|DOB proof (if it is not mentioned in the SSC mark sheet/mark memo/certificate||.jpg/.jpeg (200KB)||Mandatory but only in case if it is not available in SSC mark memo|
|The memo I(for those who had not qualified in one attempt)||.jpg/.jpeg (200KB)||–|
|Additional SSC mark sheet/ memo II(for those who had not cleared in a single attempt and having more than two marks memo)||.jpg/.jpeg (600KB)||Not Mandatory|
|Computer certificate||.jpg/.jpeg (200KB)||Not Mandatory|
|Community certificate||.jpg/.jpeg (200KB)||Mandatory (except UR)|
|Photo of the candidate||.jpg/.jpeg (50KB)||Mandatory|
|Signature of the candidates||.jpg/.jpeg (50Kb)||Mandatory|
|Certificate of disability||.jpg/.jpeg (200KB)||Mandatory (only for PH candidate)|
How to apply online for the UP GDS Recruitment?
Applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria for the post may apply for the post through online mode only and below we have given few steps which on following you may apply for the post easily.
- First of all, candidates need to visit the official website of the India post
- To register for the post you need to click on the registration button.
- After that fill, the form appeared to you
Note: If you already registered for cycle II in any other state, then you do not need to register again.
Submit application fee
- Now then you have to pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Then next you have to click on the “apply online” link
- Enter the registration number and circle applying for i.e Uttar Pradesh
- After registration, you have to fill the application form then…
- Need to upload the document which is required for the post.
- Later on, submit the post preferences than,
- Preview the form you filled and submit it.
- After submitting your application will be successfully submitted.
- At last, you need to take the print out of the submitted application form.
Check Application status (Link Expired)
Change Mobile Number (Link Expired)
Forgot Reg ID/Fee ID (Link Expired)
TRCA (Time Related Continuity Allowance)
Candidates selected for the post are applicable for the minimum TRCA which we have given below for categories of GDS
|Category||TRCA for 4 hours||TRCA for 5 hours|
|BPM||INR 12,000/-||INR 14,000/-|
|ABPM/Dak Sevak||INR 10,000/-||INR 12,000/-|
Furnishing Security for the post
Once the candidates are engagement as a GDS post then the applicants are required to be submitted security. The security amount for all the post under the GDS is INR 1,00,000/-
UP GDS Recruitment: Residence
Candidate applying for the post of BPM need to provide accommodation to the Branch post officer once he/she selected for the post but before engagement. There are some criteria for the accommodation which are:
- The place you provide for the accommodation must be owned by the gram panchayat or central/central government such as school/officers/BPM’s own house or it could be rented house in a busy location of the village.
- The GDS branch officer must be located in the busy part of the village.
- The size of the GDS BO must be of 100sq. feet and the size of it should be 10’ x 10’ and it should be on the ground floor.
- The GDS BO must be easily accessible to the villager and it should not be located in the verandahs, courtyard, kitchen, and stairs, isolated building, etc.
- Its structure should be made of brick mortar and the room should be properly ventilated and…
- It must have a power connection to charge the handheld devices and for others.
- If any of the people are holding an elective office will not be considered for engagement for the post.Candidates selected for GDS shall not engage in any other activity with any outside agency.
- If anyone of you have experience then it will not be considered for the selection.
- Candidates can apply for a maximum of 20 posts all over India in every cycle.
- If any of the candidates opt for five posts and shortlisted as a meritorious in more than one post then the order of preference will be offered and the rest post will be forfeited.
Job Profile of GDS Scale II 2020
BPM (Branch Postmaster)
- This job comes with the responsibility of managing affairs of GDS BPO, IPPB and to ensure uninterrupted counter operation during the prescribed working hours.
- The management of postal facilities, maintaining records, upkeep of handheld devices, marketing of postal.
- The BPM will be assisted by the ABPM
ABPM (assistant branch postmaster)
- The function of this job is the sale of stamps/stationery and delivery of mail to the doorsteps.
- He also performs the duty to organizes melas, business procurement and other work which is assigned by the BPM.
- The duty of this is the sale of stamps, stationery, delivery of mail and any other duties which are assigned by the postmaster/sub-postmaster.
- They also have to give their services in Railway mail services (RMS).
- For more information regarding the Job profile or recruitment, you may read the notification.
UP GDS Assistance
If you facing any issues while submitting the form or documents you may mail@ email@example.com
The last date for online application is 22 April 2020.
There is a total of 3951 posts under recruitment.
You may apply for the post from the official website of the India Post.
The official website of the India post is appost.in
You can get the registration details under the Forgot registration ID in home page.