TNUSRB SI recruitment 2019 and Tamil Nadu Sub-Inspector online application form: Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) has released notification for the recruitment of candidates for 969 vacant posts of Sub-Inspector of Police (TK, AR, TSP). TNUSRB application form registration procedure will start from 20th March 2019. Eligible candidates can fill Sub Inspector application before the due date. Board has clearly specified that TNUSRB SI applications form 2019 other than online mode will be not accepted.
Latest: Tamil Nadu TNUSRB SI application form released on 20 March 2019.
Check link below.
Get all the necessary information about this TN Sub Inspector recruitment drive in this article.
TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019
|Recruitment||TNUSRB Sub-Inspector Recruitment 2019|
|Article category|| TN SI Application
How to do registration
|Conducting authority||Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB)|
|Post||Sub-Inspector of Police- SI (Taluka, Armed reserved and Tamil Nadu special Police)|
|TNSURB recruitment portal||http://www.tnusrbonline.org/|
|Official notification/advertisement||Check Here|
|Brochure 2019||Check Here|
RECRUITMENT FOR THE POST OF SUB-INSPECTOR OF POLICE(TK, AR, TSP) – 2019
TNUSRB SI Recruitments 2019 Vacancies
The recruitment procedure will be carried out for the recruitment of candidates for 969 vacancies. The detailed information on vacancies is given in the table below-
|Post||Name of the service||Vacancies||Total Vacancies|
|General/ Man||Women/ Transgender|
|Sub-Inspector of Police- Taluk (SI-TK)||Tamil Nadu Police Subordinate Service||462||198||660|
|Sub-Inspector of Police- Armed Reserve (SI-AR)||Tamil Nadu Police Subordinate Service||193||83||276|
|Sub-Inspector of Police- Tamil Nadu Special Police (SI-TSP)||Tamil Nadu Special Police Subordinate Service||33 (men)||33|
TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019 Important Dates
Date of release of notification
8th March 2019
Commencement of online application
20th March 2019
Last date to submit online application
19th April 2019
Issue of admit card
To be announced soon
Date of written examination
Open category candidates
To be announced soon
Departmental category (20%) candidates
To be announced soon
Release of answer keys
to be notified soon
Declaration of result
To be notified soon
TNUSRB Sub Inspector Selection Procedure
There are various stages of recruitment and candidates have to go qualify all the stages to get selected. There will be separate selection parameters for both the open and departmental quota candidates at all the stages of recruitment.
- Stage 1- Written Examination-
The first stage of recruitment is an offline exam. The written examination will be conducted on separated dates for both open and departmental candidates. It will be an objective type paper. The open quota exam will be of 70 marks whereas departmental quota exam will be of 85 marks.
- Stage 2- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)/ Endurance Test (ET)/ Physical Efficiency Test (PET)-
Candidates who will qualify written examination will be shortlisted for stage 2. The second stage will include various exams such as PMT, ET, and PET. In case of open quota, PMT and ET will be qualifying in nature. PET will have maximum of 15 marks. Ex-CPMF, Ex-serviceman and serving candidates who are going to be retired within one year are exempted from PMT.
Whereas candidates under the departmental quota are exempted from PET and PMT. Here, Endurance Test (ET) will be of qualifying nature.
- Stage 3- Viva- Voce- Candidates selected in stage 2 will be called for Viva-voce.
This round will of 10 marks for both open category candidates and departmental quota candidates.
- Stage 4- Special Marks
There will also be a provision of special marks. Candidates under open quota will be allotted 5 marks for NSS/SCC/Sports. In case of Dept. candidates, 5 marks will be allotted for medals in National Police Duty Meet.
- Stage 5- Medical Examination & verification of Character & Antecedents/Document Verification-
On the basis of previous stages, candidates will be selected provisionally for the post of SI. These provisionally selected candidates have to go through a medical examination and appear for document verification procedure. After the verification of Character & Antecedents, final selection of candidates will be made.
TNUSRB SI Application form 2019
- TNUSRB SI recruitment application can be made only through the online mode and from the official website.
- Application made through any other mode will not accepted.
- Candidates must read all the instructions carefully before filling the online application.
- Applicants must fill all the details carefully in the application.
- They must upload the scanned copies of all the required documents in the format prescribed by the recruiting authority.
How to fill TNUSRB SI Application form 2019
If you are also looking forward to participate in this recruitment, then you have to fill an online application form. You can follow the instructions provided below-
- Visit the official SI registration portal of TNUSRB i.e. http://www.tnusrbonline.org/.
- Read the brochure first.
- After reading the brochure, click on the “Application Form” link provided on the homepage of the website under the title Recruitment for the post of Sub-Inspector of Police (TK, TSP) 2019.
- Fill the TNUSRB application form.
- Upload all the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Make the payment of examination fee.
- Lastly, take a printout of the application form for references in future.
TNUSRB SI Registration fee 2019
- All the applicants have to pay an examination/ application fee of Rs.500.
- Departmental candidates who will be appearing for both the departmental and open examinations are required to pay an application fee of Rs.1000/-.
- Examination fee can be paid through both the online mode (Credit/Debit/Net-Banking) and offline mode (SBI Cash Challan).
Eligibility Criteria for TNUSRB SI Application
Eligibility is very important aspect of every recruitment procedure. All the candidates interested in filling online application for this recruitment drive must read the eligibility criteria first. They must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions before applying.
If you are also interested in filling TNUSRB SI online application, you can check the entire eligibility requirements for SI posts given below-
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree from a university or institution recognized by UGC or Government in 10+2+3/4/5 or 10+3+2 in case of Diploma program.
- However, candidates having Bachelor’s degree from Open University without going through the 10+2+3 pattern will not be considered eligible for this post.
- It is compulsory for all the applicants to have Tamil as a subject in class X/ class XII/ degree level.
- In case, applicants who have not studied Tamil they have to pass the Tamil Part II test conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) within two years of joining.
- Candidates must have attained an age of 20 years as on 1st July 2019.
- The upper age limit for candidates is 28 years as on 1st July 2019.
- If departmental candidates, apply under Open quota, then they are required to fulfill the age criteria of open quota.
Board also provide relaxation in the upper age limit for various categories. The category-wise relaxation in upper age limit is as follows-
|Category of candidates||Upper age limit||Age relaxation|
|Backward Class, BC (M) [Backward Class ( Muslim)], MBC (Most Backward Class)/DNC (De-notified Community)||30 years||2 years|
|Departmental candidates appearing for departmental exam||45 years||17 years|
|Schedule Class (SC), SC (A) [Schedule Caste (Arunthathiyar)], ST (Scheduled Tribes)||33 years||5 years|
|Ex-Serviceman/ Ex-personal of Central Para-Military forces (who have discharged from the services on or after 8th March 2016) OR Serving candidates who are going to retire within one year of last date of receipt of online receipt||45 years||17 years|
|Destitute widow||35 years||7 years|
Departmental candidates can fill application form for departmental examination as well as open examination.
TNUSRB SI Recruitment Quota 2019
Board also have a provision for Quota. All the details as per
|Quota||Percentage of overall vacancies|
- Candidates who are serving police personnel and meet eligibility criteria as per TNPSS (Rule 14) and TNSPSS rule are eligible for Departmental quota.
- Sportsperson who have represented national, state or inter-university in specified 15 games/ sports are eligible for Sports Quota.
- Written exam for departmental quota is conducted separately.
- Departmental quota candidates can apply for both departmental and open examination.
- Communal reservation is given within each quota as per the existing rules.
- In case there is no availability of candidates for any of the quota (i.e. departmental and sports), seats will be transferred to general quota. These seats will be filled as per communal reservation.
TNUSRB Recruitment Reservation
Reservation for community and category of candidates and women will be applicable as per the existing rules. Candidates claiming for communal reservation must have a community certificate issued by the competent authority of Tamil Nadu government. Only a valid community certificate issued by Government of Tamil Nadu will be considered for communal reservation.
Any update on TNSURB reservation will be updated soon.
TNUSRB Recruitment Exam pattern and Syllabus
Written examination will be conducted in offline mode. Other details related to exam pattern and syllabus will be updated later.
Hall Ticket/ Call Letter
Hall ticket for written examination will be issued few days prior to the date of examination. It is will be issued only to the applicants who have successfully submitted their application form along with the payment of application fee. Call letters will not be sent individually to any candidate through post or any other medium. They have to download and print it from the official portal.
It is mandatory to carry a printed copy of call letter to the examination center on the day of examination.
TNUSRB SI Recruitment- Examination Centres
Information of allotted examination center will be provided in the hall ticket issued to the applicants. All the rights of allocation and increase or decrease the number of exam centers are reserved with the Board. Board reserves the rights for allocation or re-allocation of exam centers to the candidates on various grounds.
TNUSRB SI Recruitment Exam Answer Keys
Board will publish the answer keys within a week of the commencement of written examination. Examinees can check the answer keys on the official portal by using the login credentials (if required). Board may also provide a chance to candidates to file representation against the provisional answer sheets.
TNUSRB SI recruitment Result
Tamil Nadu Police SI recruitment exam result will be published on the notified dates through the online. Candidates of open and departmental exams have to score minimum qualifying marks in order to get shortlisted for next round. Open candidates and departmental candidates have to secure minimum 25 marks and 30 marks respectively out of total marks to qualify the written exam.
The result/select list will be released on the official portal of Board. Those who will qualify the written examination will be called for second stage. Final result will be prepared on the basis of marks in written exam, PET, PMT, ET, viva-voce, special marks, and other selection criteria. Board also has a provision of PSTM preference and it is applied at the time of final provisional selection of candidates. Under this provision, 20% vacancies will be set apart for the candidates under open category who have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Tamil Medium.
Uniformed Services Recruitment Board,
Old COP Office Campus,
Pantheon Road, Egmore
In case you have any question related to the TNUSRB SI recruitment 2019 drive or application form registration you can contact us below and our team will help you in it asap.