Tamil Nadu Post GDS recruitment 2019 | TN Gramin Dak Sevak Online Application Form 2019: Ccycle II official notification has been released on 10th March. TN GDS Post Application forms are currently available. Candidates interested in procuring a job under Department of Post can fill the application form before the due date i.e. 15th April 2019. Department of Post, GoI has released the advertisement for recruitment of 4442 Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) in Tamil postal Circle. Eligible candidates from Tamil Nadu circle should not miss the opportunity to get this job. Registration and Application form can be filled through the official portal.
Tamil Nadu Post GDS recruitment 2019
|Recruitment||Tamil Nadu Post GDS recruitment|
|Article category||TN post GDS Application form|
|Department||Department of Post, Ministry of Communication, GoI|
|Postal Circle||Tamil Nadu Postal Circle|
|Post||Gramin Dak Sevak|
|Notification/ Advertisement No.||STC/12-GDSONLINE/2019|
|Release of Advt./notification||10th March 2019|
|Application status||Active now|
|Basis of selection||Merit|
|India Post GDS portal||http://www.appost.in|
|Apply Online||Registration | Login | Forgot Password/ID|
|Application status||Check here|
GDS Job Profile
The job profile of a Gramin Das Sewak (GDS) include various functions such as delivery of mails, conveyance, sale of stamps and stationery and all the other duties and responsibilities assigned by the superior. Apart from this, GDS also perform activities like business procurement, marketing and assisting Post Master/ Sub Post Master or any other authority in managing the smooth and effective flow of activities in the departmental Post Offices.
The minimum Time-Related Continuity Allowance(TRCA) or simply salary payable to a GDS according to the Directorate Order is given below-
- Minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab- Rs.10000/- (Rs.10000- Rs.24470/-)
- Minimum TRCA for 5 hours/Level 2 in TRCA slab- Rs.12000/- (Rs.12000- Rs.29380/-)
Tamil Nadu Post 2019 GDS vacancies
|Community/category||No. of posts|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||498|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||1144|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||574|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||55|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)-HH||58|
TN Post Circle GDS 2019- Important Dates
|Release of official notification||10th March 2019|
|Starting date of online registration||15th March 2019|
|Last date for online registration||15th April 2019|
|Release of merit list/ result||To be updated later|
TN Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment Eligibility
It is advised to all the candidates that they should check whether they satisfy the eligibility requirements for the post of GDS or not before filling the application forms. Only those candidates are eligible to fill the application form who fulfills all the eligibility conditions.
The eligibility criteria for GDS recruitment 2019 for Tamil Nadu Postal circle is as follows-
- Applicants must be of minimum 18 years and maximum 40 years of age as on 15th March 2019.
A relaxation in upper age limit is applicable to various candidates under the reserved category. The permissible relaxation in upper age limit is as follows-
|Category of the candidates||Age relaxation permissible|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST||15 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||No relaxation|
TN post GDS Application form Educational Qualification
- Applicants must have passing certificate of Secondary School Examination/ 10th Standard with passing marks in English and Mathematics from a recognized school Board.
- They must have studied English and Mathematics as compulsory or elective subject in class 10th.
- Candidates must have studied local language up to class 10th. It is compulsory for all the candidates to have knowledge of local language. For Tamil Nadu, postal circle candidates must have knowledge of Tamil.
- They must have basic computer knowledge.
TN post GDS recruitment other requirements
- Applicants must have knowledge of cycling.
TN Post GDS Application Process
- Application can be made only through the online mode.
- No physical forms are available. Official website is the only medium for application.
- Only one registration is allowed for one candidate.
- Only eligible candidates should fill the application form.
- Candidates must be ready with softcopy of all the documents before filling application.
- Application forms should be filled completely.
- Applicants must fill genuine and accurate information. Incomplete and wrongly filled application forms are liable to be disqualified.
How to Apply?
Those who are interested in applying for this recruitment drive can fill online application form by following the steps given below-
- Online registration
The very first step is the registration. Interested candidates have to register themselves and have to obtain the unique registration number. Without registration, no candidate can fill application for this recruitment.
- Visit the official portal for GDS Recruitments i.e. http://www.appost.in.
- Click on “Register Here” option given under the “How to apply” section on the homepage of the portal.
- Candidates have to fill all the details asked such as personal and qualification information in the provided space.
- Enter the captcha code and click on submit details.
- After the submission of registration form, candidates will get a reference number. They are required to keep this unique registration no. safe till the recruitment process gets complete.
- Payment of Application fee
After registration, candidates have to pay the application fee. For online payment of application fee, candidates have to follow the process shared below-
- On the homepage of http://www.appost.in, candidates have to click on “Pay Online” option.
- They have to enter the registration number and other details.
- Click on “Make Payment” option.
- After successful payment candidates may receive confirmation.
- Filling Application form
Once candidates have made the payment of application fee, they can proceed further for filling of application form.
- On the homepage of http://www.appost.in, applicants have to click on “Apply Online Here” link.
- They have to enter the registration number and select the circle they are applying for. Click on submit.
- Application form will appear and they are required to fill all the details.
- After submitting the details, they have to upload the scanned image of all the documents required in the prescribed format.
- Lastly, they have to take print out of the application form and have to keep it safe for future references.
TN post GDS Application fee
- Only the male candidates of OC/OBC/EWS categories are liable to pay an application fee of Rs.100/-.
- Female and PwD candidates are exempted from the payment of application fee.
- Applicants can pay application fee directly through online portal (via debit/credit card/Net banking) or they can also make payment at the Head Post Office or any other identified Post Offices of the respective Postal Circle.
TN post GDS Application Status
After application, candidates can also check their application status online. They just have to open the online portal and have to click on the “Application Status” link. In the Application status form, they have to enter the registration number, mobile no. and applied circle.
They have to click on Print Application and they will get the status of their application.
Tamil Nadu GDS Recruitment Documents required
Applicants have to upload all the necessary documents in the prescribed format required at the time of online application. The complete list of all the documents to be uploaded by the applicants is as follows-
- SSC Marks Memo/ Class 10th Certificate
- Date of Birth proof certificate if DOB is not mentioned in SSC certificate.
- Computer certificate
- Caste and community certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of disability (if applicable)
Applicants have to upload scanned copy of all the aforementioned documents and certificates as per the prescribed format.
Tamil Nadu GDS Recruitment Selection Criteria
Selection of candidates for Tamil Nadu GDS post will be made on the basis of the merit of the applicants in 10th standard. No selection test or interview is conducted for the selection of GDS in various postal circles across India. Selection will be purely based on class 10th merit and no weightage will be given for higher educational qualification.
After the completion of application procedure, a scrutiny of applications will be done and the basis of that an automatic merit list be generated. The final selection will be made after completion of document verification of the provisionally selected candidates.
Tamil Nadu GDS Recruitment Merit List/Result
TN GDS recruitment result will be released in the form of merit list or select list. The result will include the names of the selected candidates in the order of the merit. As soon as merit list will be published it will also be updated here.
Candidates can download the merit list from the official portal. Selected candidates will be called for verification of documents for final selection.
Important Points related to Tamil Nadu GDS 2019 Recruitment
- Authority reserves the right to modify or cancel the notification of a post without notifying a prior notice or reason.
- Candidates must fill all the details carefully in the application form. After submission of application, no request for any kind of modification, alteration, and correction in application form will be entertained.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Candidates should not disclose and share their reference number and registered mobile number with anyone.
Help line number- 044-28592844
Email- [email protected]