The Staff Selection Commission is looking to recruit eligible applicants for Stenographer Grade C and Grade D posts. For this, the commission released the SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification on 2 August 2023. On the same date as the release of the notification, the commission also released the SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023 Application Form.
This application form was released on the official website of the commission and the applicants can submit it online up to 23 August 2023. In this recruitment drive, the commission is accepting online applications only from those applicants who are at least 18 years old. Also, the applicants must be citizens of India/ Nepal/ Bhutan/ Persons of Indian origin who migrated from India’s neighbouring countries or East African countries.
Besides this, there are other eligibility criteria mentioned in the Staff Selection Commission Stenographer Grade C and D Notification 2023 that applicants must fulfil. We will discuss these eligibility criteria and other essential details from this notification in the following article.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification
As per the SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification, for Stenographer Grade C posts, the applicants will get a grade of Rs. 4600/- and Rs. 4200/- for different departments. Whereas, for the Stenographer Grade D posts, the aspirants will get a grade pay of Rs. 2400/-. Moreover, in this recruitment process, the commission will select 93 applicants for the Stenographer Grade C post and 1114 applicants for the Stenographer Grade D post.
To be called for the selection rounds for these two advertised posts, the applicants must submit the online application form and pay the application fee within the given deadline. The specifics of the application process and the selection process are covered in the article below.
SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Recruitment 2023: Highlights
|Concerned Recruitment Process||SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023|
|Name of the Advertised Posts||Stenographer Grade C and Stenographer Grade D|
|Conducting Commission||Staff Selection Commission|
|Number of Vacancies||Stenographer Grade C- 93|
Stenographer Grade D- 1114
|Mode of Application Submission||Online|
|Status of Availability of the Online Application Form||Closed|
|Application Fee Submission Mode||Online|
|Selection Through||An Online Exam followed by a Skill Test|
|SSC Official Website||https://ssc.nic.in/|
SSC Stenographer Application Dates
The information regarding all the important dates pertaining to the ssc.nic.in Stenographer Recruitment 2023 is in the following table.
|Release date of Notification and Online Application Form||2 August 2023|
|Deadline for Application Form and Fee Submission||23 August 2023 (Up to 11 PM)|
|Dates for Making Modifications to the Submitted Application Form||24 to 25 August 2023 (Up to 11 PM)|
|Release date of the Admission Certificate||3 to 7 days before the Exam|
|Date of the Online Exam (Computer-Based Test)||Sometime in October 2023|
SSC Stenographer Vacancy Details 2023
The 1207 vacancies are distributed among various categories as per the SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification in the following manner.
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
|Category||Vacancies for Stenographer Group C Post||Vacancies for Stenographer Group D Post|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Stenographer 2023
The eligibility criteria for the SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023 are the requirements of the commission related to the age and educational qualifications of the applicants. Before proceeding to fill out the application form, the applicants need to ensure that they fulfil all these requirements. The complete details concerning all these eligibility criteria are as follows.
The following is the information regarding the required age limit for both advertised posts in the SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023.
- Stenographer Grade C- 18 to 30 years as on 1 August 2023 i.e. the applicants must not have been born prior to 2 August 1993 and later than 1 August 2005.
- Stenographer Grade D- 18 to 27 years as on 1 August 2023 i.e. the applicants must not have been born prior to 2 August 1996 and later than 1 August 2005.
Required Educational Qualifications
The applicants need to possess the following educational qualifications to apply for the advertised post at SSC.
- The applicants must have passed the 12th Standard.
- Applicants who possess an educational qualification that is considered equivalent to a 12th Pass can also apply.
- The applicants must have obtained the pass certificate for the concerned educational qualification from a recognized board on or before 23 August 2023.
Steps to Apply for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023
On the official website of the commission, the applicants must perform the following steps to apply for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023.
- In the first step, reach the homepage of the commission’s website at https://ssc.nic.in/.
- On the homepage of the website, select the relevant option for New Registration.
- Now, on the next page, proceed to fill out the registration form.
- After the completion of registration, the applicants will have their unique Registration Number and Password.
- Use these details on the login window and enter the application dashboard of the website.
- Under the “Latest Notifications” section on this dashboard, the online application link for the Stenographer post will be available.
- Tap this link and fill out the application form for the concerned post.
- After filling in all the required details in the online form, upload all the documents as per the given instructions.
- Now, crosscheck all the details entered in the application form and pay the prescribed application fee.
- Finally, submit the online application form and acquire a printout of it for the upcoming rounds in the selection process.
कर्मचारी चयन आयोग स्टेनोग्राफर भर्ती 2023 Application Fee
To apply for the कर्मचारी चयन आयोग स्टेनोग्राफर भर्ती 2023, the applicants must pay Rs. 100/- as an application fee during the application process. The applicants can use online payment methods like UPI and Net Banking to pay this application fee. However, the applicants who belong to SC, ST, PWD and ESM categories do not need to pay this application fee. Moreover, female applicants of all categories are exempted from the payment of the application fee as well.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Selection Process
In the SSC Stenographer 2023 Selection Process, the commission will initially conduct a Computer-Based Test. This online examination will be organized in various exam centres in the month of October 2023. There will be 200 objective-type questions in this exam. Moreover, for each correct answer in this examination, the applicants will be awarded 1 mark.
The complete pattern of this online examination is as follows:-
|Name of the Subject||Total Questions and Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||100|
|Apply Now||SSC Stenographer 2023 Application Form|
|Find More Details On||SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification|
|Follow For Relevant Updates||NVSHQ Homepage|
Can applicants make amends to the application form for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023 after submitting it?
Yes, the applicants can make amends to the application after submitting it. The window for this will be available on the commission’s website on 24 and 25 August 2023.
When can applicants obtain the admit card for the Stenographer post’s online exam at SSC?
The admit card for the online exam will be available to download on the commission’s official website 3 to 7 days before the examination.
Will the commission offer age relaxation in the upper age limit to the applicants belonging to reserved categories?
Yes, the commission will offer relaxation in the upper age limit to the reserved category applicants as per the rules of the government. The details regarding this are available in the SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification.