SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022: The Staff Selection Commission has just released the notification for recruiting Scientific Assistants in the Meteorological Department. The online application window has already opened on 30th September 2022 and shall remain open till 18th October 2022 till 11 pm only. The Commission authorities are striving for maintaining a gender balance in the department and encouraging the enthusiasm of women candidates in applying. Want to learn more about the eligibility or application process? We got you covered, just keep reading the article to know everything about Scientific Assistant recruitment.
Update: Applicants may now check their Scientific Assistant Application Status.
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment Notification 2022
India Meteorological Department is looking for young and enthusiastic candidates to fill up the 990 vacancies for the position of Scientific Assistant. The job position is a Non-Ministerial one with Group-B Non-Gazetted benefits of Level 6 pay scale. The recruitment process will take place by the means of an online Computer Based Examination which is most likely to take place in the month of December this year. The SSC will send the call letters to the selected candidates for appearing for a compulsory document verification process.
Overview: Staff Selection Commission IMD Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022
|Exam Conducting Authority||SSC: Staff Service Commission, IMD: India Meteorological Department|
|Post Title||Scientific Assistant Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted|
|Application Window||30/09/22 to 18/10/22 (11 pm)|
|Last date of form receipt submission||19/10/22 (11 pm)|
|Last date of online fee payment||20/10/22 (11 pm)|
|Last date of offline payment through challan||20/10/22 (working hours of bank)|
|Form correction window||25/10/22 (11 pm)|
|Exam Date (Tentative)||December 2022|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based Online Examination|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC IMD Scientific Assistant
The eligibility criteria for applying for the vacancies of Scientific Assistant vacancies can be subdivided into the following categories:
- Nationality Criteria
- Age Criteria
- Educational Criteria
Nationality Criteria for SSC Scientific Assistant
The nationality of the candidate need not be bound to India only, subjects of Nepal & Bhutan are also equally eligible for applying. In addition to this, Tibetan refugees who arrived in India before 1962 can also apply along with the migrants of Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia, Vietnam, and Zaire of Indian origin and intent to settle in India permanently.
Age criteria to apply for SSC Scientific Asst.
The candidates should not be older than 30 years (as of 18th October 2022). However, there is significant age relaxation for the following categories:
|Category||Age relaxation on upper age limit (30)|
|SC/ST||upto 5 years|
|OBC||upto 3 years|
|PwBD Unreserved||upto 10 years|
|PwBD OBC||upto 13 years|
|PwBD SC/ST||upto 15 years|
|ESM||upto 3 years|
|Defence Personnel Disabled during hostility with a foreign country||upto 3 years|
|Defence Personnel Disabled during hostility in a foreign country||upto 8 years|
IMD SSC Scientific Asst. Educational Criteria
To be eligible for the post of Group ‘B’ Scientific Assistant, the candidates:
- Must have studied Class 12th with Physics & Maths.
- Must either possess a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree in Science (Physics as a compulsory subject + CS/ IT/ Computer Applications) OR a 3-year Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
How to apply online for the Scientific Assistant SSC vacancy 2022?
Part 1: One-time registration
- Visit the official website of SSC, ‘https://ssc.nic.in/’
- Under the login box on the right side of the homepage, click on the ‘New User? Register Now‘ link.
- Provide your basic details such as Aadhar, Name, DOB, Basic Educational qualifications, etc.
- After providing all the information press the Save button and continue to confirm your registration.
Part 2: Registration for the vacancy of Scientific Assistant in IMD 2022
- Proceed to the candidate login now that you have been successfully registered by providing your Registration Number.
- Select the vacancy you are applying for.
- Select the examination center’s choices for the exam.
- Provide the highest qualification details you have obtained so far.
- Choose the subject for the Part-2 Exam.
- Upload your passport-size photo & scanned signature (specifications mentioned later in this section).
- Preview and submit your form.
- Pay the application fee.
- Save a copy of your filled application form and fee receipt as it may serve useful later.
Documents required for SSC IMD Recruitment
|Passport size picture||1. Coloured picture not older than 3 months|
2. JPEG format
3. 20 to 50 kb size with dimensions 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm
4. Candidates should not be wearing any accessories in the photograph
|Scanned Signature||1. Legible signature|
2. JPEG format
3. 20 to 50 kb size with dimensions 4 cm X 2 cm
SSC Scientific Assistant Application fee
The application fee for the 990 Scientific Assistant posts can be filled by online methods such as BHIM UPI, Net Banking, Credit/ Debit Card, Rupay Credit or through offline mode by generating Challan at SBI bank. The fee for the different categories is:
|Candidate’s Category||Application fee|
|All Women candidates, SC, ST, PwBD, ESM||Exempted|
|All other category candidates||₹100|
Important Links: SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022
|Available Now||Official website Staff Service Commission|
|Available Now||Apply Link for SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2022|
|Download||Official Notification for SSC Scientific Assistant Vacancies 2022|
The pay scale for SSC Scientific Assistant for the year 2022 is ₹9,300 to ₹34,800
The selection process for the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2022 is through an online computer-based examination which is scheduled to take place in the month of December.
The full form of IMD is India Meteorological Department. The agency was established in 1875 for tracking all Meterelogical processes of the country and research in related fields.