SSC CGL Recruitment 2021: SSC has released a notification for conducting Combined Graduate Level Recruitment examination for the year 2020. The main objective behind the release of SSC CGL notification every year is to recruit suitable candidates for various Group ‘B’ & Group ‘C’ posts in different Departments/Ministries/Organizations of the Government. Candidates who were waiting for the release of SSC CGL Recruitment 2020 notification and application can now apply as applications process has started.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
SSC CGL 2020 applications are live now and aspirants can submit application forms by visiting the SSC portal or from the link shared on this page below. SSC has released the notification for filling 6506 vacancies in the year 2020. Applications are to be submitted only in online mode between 29th December 2020 and 31st January 2020. After the due date, no SSC CGL applications will be submitted as the application window will be closed after the specified time. Therefore, all the candidates must submit applications well on time to avoid last time hurdle.
Update: SSC has advised all the candidates to apply as soon as possible for SSC CGL 2020 recruitment and should not wait for the due date (i.e. 31st Jan 2021).
Candidates who wish to submit applications can go through this article to collect all the information about this particular recruitment process. Moving ahead in this article, they will find details like SSC CGL eligibility criteria, important dates, SSC CGL application process, exam pattern, syllabus and other related updates.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2020 at a Glance
|Recruitment||SSC CGL 2020 Recruitment|
|Article category||Recruitment Application|
|Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Recruitment Exam||Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Job Type||Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ (Central Government)|
|Total Vacancies||6506 (tentative)|
|Total SSC Regions||9|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application date||29th Dec 2020 to 31st Jan 2021|
SSC CGL Important Dates
Check the tentative schedule for the recruitment procedure-
|Date of publication of recruitment notice||29th December 2021|
|Date of start of submission of online applications||29th December 2021|
|Last date for submission of online applications||31st January 2021|
|Last date for online receipt of online applications||31st January 2021 (11:30 pm)|
|Last date for payment of application fee||2nd February 2021 (11:30 pm)|
|Last date for generation of Offline Challan||4th February 2021 (11:30 pm)|
|Last date for payment using Challan||6th February 2021|
|Date of Examination (Tier-I)||29th May to 7th June 2021|
|Publication of Result||June 2021|
|Date of Examination (Tier-II)||To be announced later|
All the dates mentioned above are tentative and can be changed as and when required by the commission.
The recruitment process is being conducted for the filling 6506 Group B and Group C posts under different Ministries/Depts.
|Group “B” Gazetted posts||250|
|Group “B” Non-Gazetted posts||3513|
|Group “C” posts||2743|
All the vacancies are tentative and are subject to change as per the discretion of the commission.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam- Eligibility
SSC CGL application forms can be filled only by the eligible candidates. Therefore, all the aspirants who wish to apply for the examination must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility requirements. They must go through the official notification to check the eligibilities before filling the application form.
Any candidate found ineligible at any stage of the recruitment process will be disqualified. Check the basic eligibility details of SSC CGL application process given below-
- A citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan is eligible to apply.
- Tibetan refugee who have come India before 1st January, 1962 with an intention of settling in India permanently.
- Candidate of Indian origin whose ancestors has migrated to India from countries listed in Indian Constitution.
Age Criteria (as on 1st Jan 2021)
As recruitment is done for various Group C and group posts, age limit varies post to post. Have a look at the age limit criterion given below-
|Auditors (Diff Ministries), Accountant, Accountant/|
Clerks, Tax Assistant, Sub-Inspector
|18-27 years||Applicants must have born not before 2nd January 1994 and not after 1st January 2003|
|Various Posts||20-27 years||Applicants must have born not before 2nd Jan 1994 and not|
after 1st Jan 2001
Section Officer, Assistant
Section Officer, Assistant
Section Officer, Assistant
Section Officer, Assistant, Sub Inspector,
|20-30 years||Applicants must have born not|
before 2nd January 1991 and not
after 1st January 2001
|Sub Inspector (group B), Divisional|
Superintendent, Assistant, Inspector, Inspector Posts, Assistant
(Central Excise), Inspector of
Income Tax, Assistant
Section Officer, Assistant
Section Officer, Assistant
Officer, Assistant Audit
|up to 30 years||Applicants must have born not before 2nd Jan 1991 and not after 1st Jan 2003|
|upto 32 years||Applicants must have born not before 2nd Jan 1989 and not after 1st Jan 2003|
Age relaxation is also permissible as per the reservation criteria
Educational Qualification Criteria (as on 1st Jan 2021)
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/institution.
- Candidate’s in final year of their graduation program are also eligible.
For more information on eligibility criteria, candidates can read official recruitment notice pdf shared at the end of the article.
SSC CGL Selection Process
There are four stages of ssc cgl recruitment process and these stages include following examinations-
- Tier I: Computer Based Examination (CBE)
- Tier II: Computer Based Examination (CBE)
- Tier III: Pen & Paper Mode Exam (Descriptive Paper)
- Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (as
Candidates who will clear all the exams will be called for document verification. They have to carry original as well as photocopies of all the required documents along with them at the time of document verification.
SSC CGL Application Form 2021
SSC CGL application forms can be submitted only in online mode. No physical applications are accepted. Application link is provided here in this article, those wo wish to apply can visit the link directly. Before submitting online application, candidates must read the instructions and guidelines mentioned in the official notice. The pdf of official notice is also mentioned below in this article.
Candidates must keep all the necessary documents and details handy while applying for the examination. They must fill all the details accurately in the application form. To avoid the last minute hassle they must try to apply as soon as possible and should not wait for the last date.
How to Apply for SSC CGL Tier I 2020 Exam?
Check the ssc cgl 2020 apply online procedure in simple steps given below-
- Step 1- Go the official portal of SSC first. The link of the portal is provided below.
- Step 2- On the homepage, click on the “Apply” link.
- Step 3- A new window will open. Click on new registration link.
- Step 4- Fill the basic details as asked in the registration form.
- Step 5- After filling all the entries, cross-check the details entered and proceed further by clicking on the “Save” button.
- Step 6- At the time of first login, candidates have to change the password.
- Step 7- After successful password reset, a confirmation message will display.
- Step 8- Enter all the additional details in the online form carefully.
- Step 9- Once of the details are filled, click on “Save” button. All the details will be submitted.
- Step 10- Now, mark the declaration and click on “Final Submit” button.
- Step 11- Enter the OTP.
- Step 12- Applicant’s registration is complete. They have to save the registration details for further login. Now, they have to click on “Latest Notification” tab to fill the application form and upload photograph.
- Step 13- Application form will open. Fill the information in the form and upload scanned photograph and signature image in specified format. Mark the Declaration and Click on “Preview”.
- Step 14- Preview of uploaded photograph and signature appear. Cross-check the filled details, make necessary corrections (if any) and click on “Submit” after verifying the details.
- Step 15- Application will be provisionally submitted. Now, candidates eligible for payment have to have to click on Yes and make the payment (by selecting the preferred mode) and other can click on “No” button and take the printout of the application form.
- Step 16- After final submission of the application, applicants must take a printout of the application form and payment receipt.
- Application fee for applicants is Rs.100/-.
- Female candidates & candidates belonging to reserved categories like Schedule Caste,
Scheduled Tribes, Ex-servicemen (ESM), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates are exempted from fee payment. Application submission is free for these candidates.
- Mode of payment- BHIM UPI, Credit or Debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay), Net Banking or cash at SBI Branches (Bank Challan).
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
Take a quick look at the SSC CGL 2020 Tier I and Tier II exam pattern-
- Mode of Exam- Online (CBE)
- Types of question- Objective Type
- Total Questions- 100 (Tier I) & 500 (Tier II)
- Total Marks- 200 (Tier I) & 600 (Tier II)
- Duration of Exam- 1 hour (Tier I) & 2 hour (Tier II)
- Medium- English and Hindi
After the scrutiny of the applications of the candidates, admit cards are issued to the candidates to appear in the exam. Admit card will be made available at least 3 to 7 days before the date of exam. Admission Certificate are uploaded on the official website of the commission and candidates have to download and print the same. Candidates have to carry admit cards to the exam hall along with a valid photo id card.
Once the exams will be over, SSC will announce the result. Score card and result of the candidates is made available through the official website. Candidates who will qualify Tier I exam will have to appear in Tier II.
SSC CGL Important Links
|SSC CGL 2020 Apply Link||Apply Here|
|SSC CGL 2020 Official Notice||Click Here|
|SSC CGL 2020 Admit Card||Click Here|
|SSC CGL 2020 Answer Key||Click Here|
|SSC CGL Result||Click Here|
29th December to 31st January 2021
No, applications can be submitted only in online mode.
SSC CGL 2020 notification has been released for filling of 6506 vacant posts.
Candidates can apply by visiting the official portal of SSC. The application link is also shared in this article.