SBI PO Recruitment 2019 | State Bank of India PO Application Form 2019: SBI has recently invited SBI PO application for the recruitment of 2000 Probationary Officers (PO) in the various branches of the SBI across the country. The SBI PO application forms for the same are currently available on the official website.
In this article, readers willing to apply will find complete information about SBI PO recruitment 2019.
Table of Contents
SBI PO Recruitment 2019
Candidates who are interested can fill the application form before 22nd April 2019. As after the last date, no candidate will be able to submit application. Applicants should try to fill the application form on time. They should not wait for last date as various issues may arise at the last moment.
|Name of the recruitment||SBO PO 2019 recruitment 2019|
|Article category||SBI PO Application Form 2019|
|Exam type||Recruitment exam|
|Recruiting Bank||State Bank of India|
|Post||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|No. of vacancies||2000|
|Job location||All across Indian|
|Application status||Active now|
|Mode of SBI PO application||Online|
|Official website|| https://bank.sbi/careers or |
SBI PO Application Form 2019
- Application for this recruitment can be done only through the online mode. No other mode of application is applicable.
- Candidates should not submit more than one application. In case of multiple applications, only the last valid application will be accepted.
- Before filling the application fee, candidates must go through the information bulletin and eligibility criteria carefully.
- They must have a valid mobile no. and an email ID.
- Candidates must keep all the necessary documents handy at the time of filling application form.
- They must fill all the details carefully. Before final submission of data in application form, candidates can edit and make correction into it only three times. After final submission of data, no change or edit will be allowed.
- The registration no. and password generated should be kept safe throughout the recruitment process.
- Candidates should note that they are not required to send the printed copy of the duly filled application form to the Bank.
How to apply for SBI PO Application form?
Applicants interested in filling the application form for this recruitment can follow the step-by-step guide shared below-
- Visit the official website of SBI (mentioned above).
- Select the recruitment of PO in SBI option.
- Click on Apply now link.
- Hit the “click here for registration number” link.
- Fill the basic details and generate a registration number and password.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Now enter all the personal, qualification details asked.
- Preview the details carefully before final submission.
- Make payment of the application fee.
- Take a printout of the receipt generated and application fee for future references.
Hard copy of filled in application form is not required to be sent to the bank.
Click here to apply- Click Here
SBI PO 2019 Application fee
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs.125/- (Intimation charges only)|
|General/EWS/OBC||Rs.750/- (including intimation charges)|
- Applicants have to make payment of application fee through the online mode (debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking).
- Application fee will be non-refundable.
SBI PO 2019 Recruitment Important Dates
|On-line registration including modification/ Editing of Application by candidates||2nd to 22nd April 2019|
|Payment of SBI PO application fee||2nd to 22nd April 2019|
|Admit card download (pre-exam)||3rd week of May onwards|
|Date of Preliminary examination||8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019|
|Declaration of Result (Preliminary)||1st week of July 2019|
|Admit card for Main examination||2nd week of July 2019|
|Date of Main examination||20th July 2019|
|Declaration of result (Main)||3rd week of August 2019|
|Admit card for Interview and Group Exercise||4th week of August 2019|
|Conduct of Interview and Group Exercise||September 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result||2nd week of October 2019|
|Pre Examination Training for SC/ST/Religious Minority|
|Admit card for pre-exam training||2nd week of May 2019|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam training||4th week of May 2019|
SBI PO 2019 Recruitment- Vacancy
The category-wise distribution of vacancies is as follows-
|Category||No. of vacancies|
SBI PO Recruitment Application Eligibility 2019
Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The eligibility requirement for SBI PO recruitment is shared below-
Education Qualification (as on 31st August 2019)-
- Applicants must have completed graduation from a recognized university/college.
- Applicants in their final year/semester are also eligible provided they should produce their graduation certificates at the time of interview.
- Candidates with qualification of Chartered Accountant are also eligible.
- The minimum and maximum age of the candidates should be 21 years and 30 years as on 1st April 2019 respectively.
A relaxation in the upper age limit for various reserved categories is also applicable. The table shared below shows the age relaxation for various categories-
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PWD (SC/ST) PWD (OBC) PWD (Gen/EWS)||15 years 13 years 10 years|
|Ex. Serviceman, ECOs/SSCOs||5 years|
|Person Ordinarily domiciled in J&K (from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989)||5 years|
Number of Chances
Category-wise chances provided to candidates for appearing in recruitment-
|Category||Maximum no. of chances permissible|
|General/ EWS (PWD)||7|
|SC/ SC (PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD)||No restriction|
Appearing in preliminary exams will not be considered a chance.
SBI PO Recruitment Selection Procedure
Selection of candidates for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) in SBI will be made through three Tier selection process viz. Preliminary exam, Mains exam and Interview and Group Exercises.
- Phase I- Preliminary Examination
The pre-examination will be an online exam of total 100 marks. No sectional cut-off will there. Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks scored in the online exam. It will be conducted on various exam centers established across the country.
- Phase II- Main Examination
Candidates who will qualify the pre exam will be shortlisted for Main exam on the basis of merit. Main examination includes one objective test (online exam) and a descriptive test.
- Phase III- Group Exercises and Interview
Candidates qualifying the main examination will be called for Group Exercise and Interview round. GE will consist of 20 marks whereas interview will be of 30 marks.
Final Selection- The selection of candidates in each phase will be provisional. The final selection and merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Mains examination and Interview & Group Exercise.
SBI PO Recruitment 2019- Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for phase I
|Section/Test||No. of question||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- Mode of exam- online
- Type of questions- objective type
- Total duration- 1 hour (60 min)
- Negative marking- Yes
Exam Pattern for Phase-II
- Objective Test
|Section/Test||No. of question||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
- Descriptive Test- It will include two questions of 50 marks. It will be test of English Language (Letter Writing and Essay).
The call letter for all the phases will be made available on official website for downloading on the specified dates. For preliminary exams, candidates will be able to download their call letters from 3rd week of May 2019 onwards.
Candidates should carry a printed copy of admit cards to the examination center along with a valid photo ID proof on the day of exam. Candidates not having a call letter and an ID proof will not be given permission to enter exam hall and shall be debarred.
The result for preliminary exam is scheduled to be declared in the first week of July 2019. Candidates can check their result on the official website by using the registration number and password.
Candidates should frequently visit SBI website for getting all the necessary updates related to this recruitment.
For queries regarding the application, candidates can call at 022-22820427 or lodge their queries on http://cgrs.ibps.in.
If have any question related to the SBI PO recruitment 2019, then leave comment below and we will reply ASAP. Try to fill the SBI PO 2019 application form online before the last date as that server may run slow due to last minute rush.