SBI PO Recruitment 2022 State Bank of India PO Application Form 2022: State Bank of India has released its much-awaited PO notification on its official website and this year they are going to recruit 1673 Probationary officers. The last date to submit an application for SBI PO is 12th October. SBI PO is a dream job for each and every aspirant who is preparing for the banking examination that’s why SBI PO is considered one of the toughest examinations to crack.
In this article, readers willing to apply will find complete information about SBI PO recruitment 2022.
SBI PO Recruitment 2022 Notification
Those candidates who are interested and burning the midnight oil to crack the SBI PO examination can fill out the application form from the official website within the due course, after the last date, no candidate will be able to submit the application. Applicants should try to fill out the application form on time. They should not wait for the last date as various issues may arise at the last moment.
|Name of the recruitment||SBI PO 2022 recruitment|
|Article Category||SBI PO Application Form 2022|
|Exam type||Recruitment exam|
|Recruiting Bank||State Bank of India|
|Advertisement No.||CRPD/ PO/2022-23/18|
|Post||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|No. of vacancies||1673|
|Job location||All across Indian|
|Application status||Available Now|
|Mode of SBI PO application||Online|
|Official website|| https://bank.sbi/careers or |
SBI PO 2022 Notification: Important Dates
|On-line registration including modification/ Editing of Application by candidates||22 September to 12 October|
|Payment of SBI PO application fee||22 September to 12 October|
|Admit card download (pre-exam)||December 1st half|
|Date of Preliminary examination [Phase-I]||17/18/19/20 December|
|Declaration of Result (Preliminary)||Dec/Jan|
SBI PO Application Form 2022
- Application for this recruitment will be done online mode only. No other mode of application is applicable.
- Candidates should not submit more than one application. In the case of multiple applications, only the last valid application will be accepted.
- Before filling out the application fee, candidates must go through the information bulletin and eligibility criteria carefully.
- They must have a valid mobile no. and an email ID.
- Candidates must keep all the necessary documents handy at the time of filling out the application form.
- They must fill in all the details carefully. Before the final submission of data in the application form, candidates can edit and make correction to it only three times. After the final submission of data, no change or edit will be allowed.
- The registration no. and password generated should be kept safe throughout the recruitment process.
- Candidates should note that they are not required to send the printed copy of the duly filled application form to the Bank.
- Applicants have to make payment of application fee through the online mode (debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking).
- Application fee will be non-refundable.
SBI PO 2022 Vacancy Details
As of now the notification is not released so we can’t say exactly how many vacancies will be there for each category, but the category-wise distribution of vacancies given below is just for assumption:
|Category||No. of vacancies|
SBI PO Recruitment Application Eligibility 2022
Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The eligibility requirement for SBI PO recruitment is shared below-
Education Qualification (as on 31st Dec 2022)-
- Applicants must have completed graduation from a recognized university/college.
- Applicants in their final year/semester are also eligible provided they should produce their graduation certificates at the time of interview.
- Candidates with qualification of Chartered Accountant are also eligible.
- The minimum and maximum age of the candidates should be 21 years and 30 years as on 1st April 2022 respectively. (means candidates should not be born later than 1st April 2001 and earlier than 2nd April 1992)
A relaxation in the upper age limit for various reserved categories is also applicable. The table shared below shows the age relaxation for various categories-
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PWD (SC/ST) |
| 15 years|
|Ex. Serviceman, ECOs/SSCOs||5 years|
|Person Ordinarily domiciled in J&K (from 01.01.1981 to 31.12.1990)||5 years|
Number of Chances
The number of attempts in the SBI PO is fixed for each category candidate. And, once you cross the number of attempts then you are no more eligible to apply for the post further. Category-wise chances provided to candidates for appearing in recruitment-
|Category||Maximum no. of chances permissible|
|General/ EWS (PWD)||7|
|SC/ SC (PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD)||No restriction|
Documents required to upload in SBI PO application
While filling the online application applicants have to upload few of their documents which should be in the recommended size whose details is given below:
It should be recently clicked
the size of the scanned file should be between 20KB to 50 KB
Signature should be done on white paper with a black pen only.
Size of the scanned file should be between 10KB to 20 KB
Note: Both photograph and signature should be clear otherwise you application will be rejected.
How to Submit SBI PO Application form Online?
Applicants interested in filling the application form for this recruitment can follow the step-by-step guide shared below-
- Visit the official website of SBI (mentioned above).
- Select the recruitment of PO in SBI option.
- Click on Apply now link.
- Hit the “click here for registration number” link.
- Fill the basic details and generate a registration number and password.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Now enter all the personal, qualification details asked.
- Preview the details carefully before final submission.
- Make a payment of the application fee.
- Take a printout of the receipt generated and the application fee for future reference.
SBI PO 2022 Application fee
|General/EWS/OBC||Rs.750/- (including intimation charges)|
SBI PO Recruitment Selection Procedure
Selection of candidates for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) in SBI will be made through three Tier selection process viz. Preliminary exam, Mains exam, and Interview and Group Exercises.
- Phase I- Preliminary Examination
The pre-examination will be an online exam of total of 100 marks. No sectional cut-off will be there. Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks scored in the online exam and ten times the number of vacancies in each category will be selected for the next phase. Prelims exam will be conducted on various exam centers established across the country.
- Phase II- Main Examination
Candidates who will qualify the pre-exam will be shortlisted for Main exam on the basis of merit. Main examination includes one objective test (online exam) and a descriptive test which will be of 200 marks and 50 marks respectively.
- Phase III- Group Exercises and Interview
Candidates qualifying for the main examination will be called Interview only which will be of 50 marks or either it will be possible than Interview (30 marks) and group exercise will be conducted (20 marks).
Final Selection- The selection of candidates in each phase will be provisional. The final selection and merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Mains examination and Interview & Group Exercise or Interview.
SBI PO Recruitment 2022- Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for phase I
|Section/Test||No. of question||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- Mode of exam- online
- Type of questions- objective type
- Total duration- 1 hour (60 min)
- Negative marking- Yes
Exam Pattern for Phase-II
- Objective Test
|Section/Test||No. of question||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
- Descriptive Test- It will include two questions of 50 marks. It will be test of English Language (Letter Writing and Essay) and the duration for the same will be of 30 minutes.
SBI PO Pre Exam syllabus
|Sentence improvements||Inequality||Number series|
|Fillers||Coding and decoding||Quadratic equations|
|Antonyms-synonyms||Order Ranking and direction test||Approximation|