Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2021: On 20th March the Punjab Chief Minister Capt. Amrinder Singh has announced that to strengthen women’s safety and policing they are going to recruit 10000 (Young Men and Women) Police officers for different posts such as SI, HC, and constable. Considering the new age crimes and to tackle it 3100 domain experts in law, forensic, IT, and clinical Psychology will also be recruited by the Punjab police. Right now only the announcement has been made by the government and the notification for the same is yet to out which will carry the required details about the recruitment.
- 1 Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2021
- 2 Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2021: Overview
- 3 Expected Eligibility Criteria for the Punjab Police recruitment
- 4 Selection Process for Punjab Police 2021 Recruitment
- 5 Punjab Police Constable Recruitment Vacancy Details
- 6 How to apply for Punjab Police Constable, SI 2021 recruitment?
- 7 Punjab Police Constable/SI 2021 Recruitment: Important Links
- 8 Punjab Police Constable Recruitment Important Dates
- 9 FAQs
Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2021
After getting approval to recruit constable, Head constable, and SI the DGP Punjab Dinkar Gupta said all the young guns of the state who are curious and wanted to join the Punjab Police as per their eligibility must start their preparation for the written exam and physical screening, such aspirant may use Public Spaces, parks, Police grounds for their preparation. He added that the recruitment procedure will be carried out transparently and fairly.
Punjab Police Constable and SI Recruitment 2021 Notification
So far only the announcement has been made by the ministry and no registration dates regarding the same have been issued. But as per the Punjab DGP, the recruitment process will be completed by 2021 so from this we could expect that the recruiting authority of Punjab will soon release the Punjab Police Constable Notification carrying all the major details like selection process, eligibility, and application process.
Punjab Police Constable Recruitment 2021: Overview
|Authority name||Punjab Police Recruitment Department|
|Post name||Sub-inspector, Constable, and Head constable, and Domain Experts|
|Total Post||10000 (Men and women)|
|Article Category||Sarkari Naukri|
|Selection Process||Written Exam, PET, PST, and medical|
Expected Eligibility Criteria for the Punjab Police recruitment
The detailed criteria of eligibility will be available in the official notification but as per the news surfacing, it will carry the following eligibility which is given as: –
Both men and women who are Indian nationals are eligible to apply for the post.
Those who are looking to apply for Sub Inspector and head constable posts their age should be upto 28th Years which will be count as on 1st Jan 2021.
On the other hand, the minimum and maximum age for the constable will be 18 and 28 years respectively.
Reserved category candidates will receive some relaxation in the upper age limit.
The applicant must possess a minimum bachelor’s degree for Sub-Inspector and head constable posts and constable post applicant must have completed intermediate from a recognized board or institution. The minimum pass percentage details will be available soon.
Physical Measurement and Test
There are some physical measurement parameters which all aspirants need to fulfill because at a later stage such standards will be tested and candidates not fulfilling the same will be disqualified from the selection.
You must qualify for each event that is mentioned below: –
Male: 5’ 7” (minimum)
Female: 5’ 2’’ (Minimum)
Such physical screening tests will also consist of running, high jump, and long jump but the parameter for both men and women will be different.
- 1600 meters this must be completed in 6 minutes and 30 seconds in one chance
- Long Jump: 3.80 meters (3 chances)
- High Jump: 1.10 meters (3 chances)
For female Candidates
- 800-meter race and the duration for the same is 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 3 meters (3 chances)
- High Jump 0.95 meter (3 chances)
Note: The above-mentioned standards have been taken from the last notification so if it receives any changes then we will update the same here.
Selection Process for Punjab Police 2021 Recruitment
The selection process of the Punjab Police Constable and for other posts will go through the stages which are given below: –
- Written Examination
- Screening test
- Physical Screening test
- Physical measurement test (PMT)
The selection of the applicant will be provisional until and unless they cleared the following stages: –
- Medical examination
- Character verification
- Verification of his/her academic qualification from respective board/ institutions
Punjab Police Constable Recruitment Vacancy Details
The details number of posts available as per the department and category wise will be available soon.
|Post name||Number of vacancies|
As you know the notification about the recruitment is not available and the details like pay scale are still vague and all such doubts will be clear after the availability of official notification. But it was expected that the pay scale for the posts could be like as mentioned below: –
Sub Inspector: INR 10,300 to 34,800/-
Constable: INR 5200 to 20200/-
Only such applications will be considered completed whose application fee will be received within the due date. Applicant may submit their fee online via different modes available. Application fees may vary as per the category of the candidates.
- General candidates:
- SC/ST/BC candidates:
- Ex-Servicemen Candidate:
Note: The application will not be refunded under any circumstances.
General Instruction to the Candidates
- It was expected the application process shall be available online only and no paper application forms will be accepted by the department.
- Before applying it all aspirants must be advised that they must read all the important guidelines related to the recruitment.
- The application fields might be available in English and Punjabi but aspirants will be able to submit their details in English only.
- On successful registration, an automated system-generated registration ID and password will be issued and you all need to retain the same for next stages.
- Must submit your email ID and mobile number because department will communicate important information through it.
- Applicant’s application forms are liable to be rejected on a count of following cases: –
- Incomplete application form
- Not submitted requisite application as per their category
- On Not found supporting documents/ Photograph/ Signature
- Department will issue a barcoded admit card to all candidates, which they need to carry on written examination and screening test day.
- Such barcoded admit card will be available on official portal of the department
How to apply for Punjab Police Constable, SI 2021 recruitment?
The online application for the recruitment will be accepted online mode only and no offline application will be entertained by the department. In order to apply online you must go through the steps that are given below: –
- First, visit the official portal of the recruitment authority
- Now on the home page need to select the recruitment tab followed by the online application link
- Now you need to register in the portal by providing some of your details and in doing so registration number and password will be generated
- Submit the application fee as per your category (through online/offline mode whichever available)
- After this, you need to fill the application form and upload the requisite documents.
- Once the submission process is completed take the printout of the application form.
Applicant needs to keep their photograph and signature in scanned form in a required size format whose details is awaited.
Punjab Police Constable/SI 2021 Recruitment: Important Links
|Official Notification||Out soon|
|Official Portal||Click here|
|Online Application Link||Available Soon|
|Punjab Police Constable Syllabus||Check here|
Punjab Police Constable Recruitment Important Dates
|Recruitment announcement||20th March 2021|
|Notification availability||Available soon|
|Commencement of online registration||Available soon|
|Last date to submit online application||Available soon|
|Last date to submit online/offline application fee||Available soon|
|Exam date||Available soon|
|Screening test date||Available soon|
|Result Date||Available soon|
According to Punjab DGP it will be available in the next two months.
As per the information release, 10000 constable, Sub Inspector, and Head Constable and domain experts will be recruited the details info on this will be available soon.
So far no details have been released by the officials on this but it was expected that it will be available in online mode only.
The details on this are not clear but it is to be expected that for SI and HC posts applicants must have completed their bachelor’s while for constable it is Intermediate.
It is expected that the selection process will consist of stages like written exam, Screening test, Physical and medical.
No information is available regarding this. For more on this, you need to wait for the official advertisement.
According to the info available 3300 women’s will be recruited.
Yes, both men and women aspirants who are young and energetic may apply for the posts.