Punjab GDS Recruitment 2019| Online Application Form: India Post has released applications for Punjab GDS recruitment of suitable candidates for the post of GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak) for Punjab Postal Circle. Under this recruitment drive total 851 candidates will be recruited in the post of GDS. Punjab GDS Application form 2019 is currently available. Those who wish to join Indian Postal Services as a GDS can submit their applications. They can submit their applications only through the online mode. Punjab GDS Applications submitted through any other mode will not be considered.
For complete information on Punjab GDS recruitment application schedule, application procedure, Punjab post GDS registration, selection procedure, eligibility, Punjab Post Gramin Dak Sevak application fee, vacancy, application status, etc., candidates must read this particular article till the end.
Punjab GDS Recruitment 2019
Selected candidates will be appointed as Punjab PostDak Sevaks at various post offices of the state. The Dak Sevak job profile basically include delivery of mails, sale of stamps and stationery, conveyance, etc. Apart from this, they also have to perform other duties assigned Post Masters/Sub Postmasters and help them in business procurement, marketing and managing the smooth functioning of the post office.
Also Read About:
Kerala Post GDS Recruitment 2019
Selection of candidates for Punjab GDS post will be done on the basis of automatic generated merit list. Merit will be generated on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying exam. No selection exam will be conducted. On the basis of merit list, shortlisted candidates will be invited for document verification. Document verification and Final selection will be made by the district recruiting agency.
Punjab GDS Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2019
|Recruitment||Punjab Post JDS Recruitment 2019|
|Recruiting Authority||India Post, Ministry of Communication, Government. of India|
|Advertisement No.||STC/18-50/GDS ONLINE II|
|Online portal||India Post GDS Online Engagement portal|
|Name of the post||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)|
|Year of notification||2019|
|Job type||Government job|
|Postal Circle||Kerala Circle|
|Cycle||Cycle II/ 2019|
|Basis for selection||Merit|
|Application process||Active now|
|Mode of application||Online|
|India Post GDS portal|| Apply Here|
Read How to register online
|Official notification||Download Here|
Punjab GDS Application form Important Dates
Check the important dates of Punjab GDS recruitment given below-
Latest Update 5th September 2019: Registation & Fee payment last date is extended upto 16.09.2019 and Submission of online application is extended upto 22.09.2019.
|Commencement of Registration & Fee Submission||5th August 2019|
|Last date of Punjab GDS Registration & Submission of fee||16th September 2019 (Extended)|
|Start date of online application submission||5th August 2019|
|End date of Punjab GDS online application submission||22nd September 2019 (Extended)|
|Date of publication of Punjab GDS merit/ result||Notified later|
|Verification of documents||Notified later|
Punjab GDS 2019 Vacancy Detail
All the 851 GDS posts are divided into various categories of the candidates and the all the information about community-wise consolidation of vacancies is shared as under-
|Community/category||No. of posts|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||153|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||210|
|Economically Backward Classes (EWS)||51|
The number of vacancies are subject to change as per the discretion of recruiting agency.
Punjab GDS Pay Scale/TRCA
The information about minimum TRCA i.e. (Time Related Continuity Allowance) payable to GDS categories given in the table below-
|Category||Min. TRCA for 4 Hrs/Level 1 in TRCA Slab||Min. TRCA for 5 hrs/Level 2 in TRCA slab|
|Dak Sevak/ ABPM||Rs.10,000/-||Rs.12,000/-|
Punjab GDS Application Eligibility 2019
All the prospective applicants are suggested to go through the eligibility requirements for this post before submitted the application form. The eligibility details for Punjab GDS 2019 are as follows-
- The minimum and maximum age of applicants for this post must be 18 years and 40 years respectively as on 5th August 2019.
A relaxation in upper age limit of reserved-category candidates is also applicable in this recruitment.Check the details shared below-
|PWD + OBC||13 years|
|PWD + SC/ST||15 years|
- Candidates should have qualified class X with passing marks in Mathematics and English and should have Secondary School Certificate (SSC) Examination pass certificate from a recognized Board of Education.
- Candidates passing class 10th in first attempt will be treated as meritorious and shall be given preferences.
- They must have compulsory knowledge of local knowledge and should have studied the same up to class X.
Other Eligibility Conditions
- Candidates must have knowledge of cycling. Applicants having knowledge of riding a scooter or motorcycle will also be considered as knowledge of cycling.
Punjab GDS Recruitment Application Procedure 2019
- GDS applications can be submitted only through the online mode as no other mode is applicable.
- Before filling the application form, applicants must thoroughly read all the instructions and guidelines given in the official notification.
- For one candidate only one registration is allowed.
- Only eligible candidates should apply for this post.
- Applicants should fill all the entries carefully.
- Incomplete form and application form with wrong information will be rejected.
- Applicants should keep scanned copy of all the documents ready with them before filling the application form.
- They are not required to send or submit printed copy of filled in application form to the office.
How to apply for Punjab GDS Recruitment 2019?
Check the step-by-step procedure to submit the online application form given below-
- Applicants have to visit the India Post GDS online engagement portal (http://www.appost.in/) first.
- On the homepage, hit the “Registration” link mentioned under “Steps to Apply”.
- Registration form will appear.
- Applicants have to fill all the basic information in the form like Name, Father Name, Mobile Number (should be unique for every registration), Date of Birth, Community, Gender, etc.
- They have to upload scanned image of photograph and signature in prescribed format.
- Click on “submit details” button.
- Finally, registration will complete and a registration no. will be generated.
- Candidate should retain the registration no. for further references.
Payment of Application Fee
After successful registration, applicants have to make payment of the application fee.
- Applicants are required to make payment of Rs.100/- (plus service charges applicable) for each set of five options.
- Only UR, OBC and EWS male candidates have to pay the application fee.
- PWD and female applicants are exempted from the payment of application fee
- Application fee can be submitted online and offline.
- Online payment can be paid through credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Offline payment can be made at any Head Post Office or recognized post offices in India. Candidates can check the list of all the post offices at http://www.appost.in/MasterPDF/Fee_Offices.pdf.
- Application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
How to pay Punjab GDS application fee?
For online payment of application fee, candidates can follow the given steps-
- Visit http://www.appost.in/.
- Click on “Fee Payment” link.
- Enter the registration no., name, mobile no., community, amount and hit the “Make Payment” option.
- Application payment will be done.
Punjab GDS Online Application
After payment, candidates can proceed to fill the application form by following the given instructions-
- Go to http://www.appost.in/.
- Click on “Apply Online” link given on the homepage.
- Fill all the verification details such as registration no., circle applying for. Click on “submit” button.
- Application form will open and fill all the information carefully in the form.
- Proceed to upload documents.
- Upload all the required documents in the format specified.
- Fill and submit preferences for the posts.
- Click on preview button. Check all the entries and make necessary correction (if required).
- Take a printout of the application form by clicking on “Print Application” button.
- Application form will be printed and keep it safe for further correspondences.
Punjab GDS Recruitment Online Documents Required
Applicants have to keep the scanned copy of following documents ready with them at the time of online application-
- SSC Marks Memo/ Certificate
- Date of Birth proof if date is not mentioned in SSC certificate
- Scanned passport-sized photograph
- Scanned image of Signature
- Memo 1 (for candidates not qualified in single attempt)
- Additional SSC Marks memo 2 (for candidates not qualified in single attempt having more than two marks memo)
- Community certificate (for SC/ST etc.)
- Certificate of Disability
Applicants must ensure that they upload all the documents in the specified format. To get complete information of permitted file size, uploading file format, and importance of every documents, they can refer official notification (page 11).
How to Check Punjab GDS Application Status?
Once applicants have submitted their form successfully, they can also track the application status till the declaration of result. They just have to follow the simple steps given as under-
- Open www.appost.in.
- Click on “Apply online” link.
- From the dropdown list, select “Application Status” option.
- Application status form will open.
- Enter the registration number, applied circle, and mobile no. Click on “Print Application” button.
- Application status will appear.
Those who have submitted the application can track the application status at https://indiapostgdsonline.in/phase3/reg_status.aspx
- Those who have not submitted application for Punjab GDS recruitment as application forms are currently available.
- No offline application forms will be considered.
- Applications must be submitted before the last date. After the last date, application link will be deactivated.
- Candidates should upload all the documents in prescribed format.
- Duplicate applications will be canceled.
- Applicants can apply for maximum twenty posts in each cycle across India.
- Candidates will not be permitted to alternate and modify application details after final submission. Therefore, no such requests and correspondences will be entertained at any level.
Punjab GDS Contact details
For any help and support related to Punjab Post Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment, candidates can contact at the information given below-
(For Chandigarh, Patiala, SAS Nagar, Ludhiana, Ludhiana Muffossil, Fatehgarh Sahib, Sangrur, Ropar)
- Helpline number- 0172-2547717
- Email- [email protected]
(For Jalandhar, Amritsar, Bathinda, Gurdaspur, Pathankot, Tarn Taran, Fazilka, Faridkot, Ferozepur, Mansa, Kapurthala, Hoshiarpur, Muktsar)
- Help line number- 0172-2722144
- Email- [email protected]
If you have any question related to Punjab GDS Recruitment and online application form then you can ask us in discussion area below. Our team will respond to your query ASAP.