Odisha Public Service Commission issued an advertisement on 18th May 2023 for the posts of Assistant Conservator of Forests and Forest Ranger. The officials have released the vacancies for the Odisha Forest Service under the Department of the Forest, Environment and Climate Change Department. Candidates interested in the OPSC ACF & Forest Ranger Recruitment drive should apply for it by filling out the online application form.
The official website of OPSC is going to include the application link. It is informed that the authority has now updated the application link. As per the advertisement, the officials are going to release the application form on 29th May 2023. Get other important details regarding recruitment by reading the whole article.
OPSC ACF & Forest Ranger Recruitment 2023
The selection committee has released a total of 176 vacancies for Group A and B posts. If the selection committee found any incomplete application then their candidature will get cancelled and no correspondence regarding that matter will be entertained. One must read the whole advertisement thoroughly before applying for Odisha Forest Conservator and Forest Ranger Posts.
However, it should not be treated as binding on the government for selection. The application process is going to be conducted for a limited period. As per the officials, the authority will close the online application window on 29th June 2023. Details regarding the vacancy details, eligibility, criteria, etc. are available on this page.
www.opsc.gov.in ACF & Forest Ranger Recruitment 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Authority||Odisha Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Posts||Assistant Conservator of Forests and Forest Ranger|
|Advertisement Number||08 of 2023-24|
|Group||Groups A and B|
|Application Form Availability Status||Released|
|Application Form Availability Mode||Online Mode|
OPSC ACF & Forest Ranger Recruitment 2023: Important Dates
|Publication of the recruitment advertisement||18th May 2023|
|Commencement of the application process||29th May 2023|
|Last date to submit the online application||29th June 2023|
|Publication of the Admit Card||To be notified|
|Date of the Written Examination||To be notified|
Odisha PSC ACF & Forest Ranger Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
The officials also set the eligibility criteria for the above-mentioned position. It is crucial to fulfil all the mentioned criteria to get considered for the post. Given below are the eligibility criteria for the ACF & Forest Ranger post:
- Interested must be at least 21 years old as of 1st January 2023 i.e., must not have been born later than 1st January 2002.
- Candidates applying for the recruitment should not be more than 38 years old as of 1st January 2023 i.e., must not have been born earlier than 2nd January 1985.
- A relaxation of 5 years is applicable for the candidates belonging to the SC, ST, SEBC, women and Ex-Servicemen. 10 years of relaxation for candidates belonging to the PWd category.
- Candidates must have completed graduation from a recognized board with at least one of the subjects mentioned below:
- Mathematics, Botany, Geology, Chemistry, Veterinary Science, Physics, Statistics and Animal Husbandry & Zoology. Or,
- Graduation in Agriculture, Forestry/ Engineering or its equivalent.
(Physical Standards can be checked through the advertisement link available below in the article.
OPSC ACF & Forest Ranger Recruitment Vacancy Details
The officials have released a total of 176 vacancies. Out of this, 45 vacancies have been released for the ACF post and 131 vacancies for the Forest Ranger post. The number of vacancies can be changed by the authority without any notice. Given below is the Category-Wise Vacancy table:
|Total||45 Posts||131 Post|
How to apply online for the Odisha Forest Ranger Recruitment 2023?
Readers who want to become a part of this recruitment drive can fill out the application form by following the steps mentioned on this page. The following are the steps to fill out the Odisha PSC ACF & Forest Ranger Application Form:
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of the OPSC through this web link address: https://www.opsc.gov.in/
- Now, you must click on the Apply Online option available at the top right side of the home screen.
- Read the instructions and a new page will form on the new screen. There you will click on the Register option.
- Now, the registration form will open and you will have to provide the required details carefully.
- Use the login details afterwards and get access to the application form.
- Start filling out the particulars in the online application form carefully and move to the next step.
- After that, you should upload all the asked documents to the application form and finally take a preview of the application form.
- At last, click on the submit tab and take two to three copies of the application form safe for future use.
OPSC ACF & Forest Ranger Recruitment 2023: Important Links
|Application Link||Available Here|
|Visit the official website||OPSC Website Link|
|Read the Advertisement||OPSC ACF & Forest Ranger Recruitment Advertisement|
|Get the latest updates on||NVSHQ, Home Page|
Frequently Asked Questions
Payment of examination fees is exempted for all categories.
Candidates getting selected for the ACF post will get a pay scale of Rs, 56,100 in the 12th pay matric. Aspirants getting selected for the Forst Ranger post will get a pay scale of Rs. 44,900/- in the 10th pay matrix.
The officials will first conduct the written exam for registered candidates which will be of 1400 marks. After that, the physical test will be conducted and the qualified candidates will be called for the Viva Voce Test which is the last step of the recruitment process.
Candidates are required to upload the below-mentioned documents to the application form:
Passport-Sized Photograph, specimen signature and Thumb Impression. The size of all files should not exceed 150 kb.