The National Health Mission, Assam has released the notification for the designation of Community Health Officer(CHO) and the number of vacancies announced for this post is 699. The aspirants who are competent for this post can visit the official website and can apply there. The official website is https://nhm.assam.gov.in.The candidates can apply online as well as offline for NHM Assam CHO Recruitment 2023. The last date for application is 31 July 2023. The department of CHO is a result of a government policy known as Ayushman Bharat.
In other words, the community health officer cadre is a part of Ayushman Bharat. Its aim is to bolster the various sub-centres like Health and wellness centres (H and WCs). By strengthening them, they can then provide assistance through the implementation of numerous public health programmes for example encouragement of health and prevention of diseases programmes.
This article will deal with all kinds of information accompanying this NHM Assam Recruitment 2023. Furthermore, we will also guide the aspirant about the method of filling up the application form and the eligibility criteria for the CHO vacancies.
NHM Assam Recruitment Notification 2023
This section will emphasize the overview of the examination. The table will provide the crucial dates for admission so that the students can keep those dates in mind and then can prepare accordingly.
|Class of the Article||Recruitment|
|Name of the Recruitment||NHM Assam Recruitment 2023|
|Administrating Authority||National Health Mission, Assam|
|Number of Openings||699|
|Capacity||Community Health Officer(CHO)|
Incentives up to Rs 15,000/-
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
NHM Assam CHO Recruitment Dates
The table will provide the crucial dates for admission so that the students can keep those dates in mind and then can prepare accordingly.
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
|Releasing Date of Notification||13 July 2023|
|End Date of Application||31 July 2023|
NHM Assam Recruitment 2023-Eligibility Criteria
The National Health Mission of Assam has declared a decent number of vacancies for competent candidates. Nevertheless, the competence of the candidate can be measured by the entrance examination and the required criteria by the authorities. Here we will state the eligibility criteria clearly so that the candidates do not get baffled by the information doing the rounds all over the internet. The criteria are as follows:
Compulsory Educational Benchmark
- The Most important qualification required by the authority is that the candidate should have qualified for the Bachelor of Science course specialized in Nursing or the Post Basic Bachelor of Science specialization in Nursing consolidated with a community health certificate course.
- The above Bachelor of Science courses passed from the colleges or universities should be acknowledged by the Indian Nursing Council as well as by the Nurses Midwives’ and Health visitors’ council. Apart from this, the college/university can be affiliated with any one of the organizations also.
- The applicants should also be Registered Nurse Registered Midwife(RNRM) from the Council of Assam Nurses Midwives and Health Visitors’.
- The applicant will have to submit a letter from the studied college by the principal confirming that the student applying for this course has also earned an Integrated certificate course in Community Health. The letter format should be as presented in Appendix I.
- The age should be below 35 years. However, there is 5 year of relaxation in age for the scheduled caste and scheduled tribe aspirants.
—-It is to be noted that the 1st of Jue 2023 will be taken as the source date for calculating the age of the candidate.
-Competency in the vernacular language.
NHM Assam Recruitment 2023- Application Process
- Go through the authority website i.e. nhm.assam.gov.in.
- The homepage will exhibit multiple options. Tap on the “Recruitment” option.
- Next, the recruitment section will get open with the link>>National Health Mission, Assam. Tap on that link.
- Now the previous link will redirect to the NHM Assam Page. It will directly lead to the Recruitment Section.
- Under this, the candidate will find a list of notifications. Find the Advertisement inviting applications from passed out B.Sc Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with the Integrated Certificate Course in Community Health for engagement as Community Health Officer (CHO) at Sub Centre-Health & Wellness Centres (SC-HWC).
- Under this link, the candidate will get an option to Apply Online. Tap on that link.
- It will lead the candidate to the Registration Page. The candidate first has to register themselves by verifying the email id as well as an active contact number. Fill in the essential details and create a password.
- Now the candidate has to log in again by filling up the credentials like username and password.
- Fill in the educational details and upload the required documents.
- After cross-checking the filled details, the candidate can finally submit the application form. Candidates are advised to take printouts of the application form for further admission formalities.
It is important to note that the candidates applying for this recruitment should submit their documents online as well as offline. The documents to be submitted offline should be sent in the A4 envelope size. The applicants also have to indicate the Name of the designation they are applying for. The offline application form will be sent to the address given below:
The Mission Director, National Health Mission,
Saikia Commercial Complex, Christian Basti, Guwahati, Assam, PIN – 781005
Required Documents for NHM Assam CHO Recruitment
- The last passing course marksheet of the final year.
- The interim degree or the original degree.
- The certificate of registration from the Assam nursing council.
- Any certificate providing proof of age.
- The students applying under the reservation class should have to provide a valid official document issued by a government authority.
- The certificate issued by the principal of the applicant college declares that he possesses the integrated certificate in community health.
Procedure for Selection in NHM Assam Recruitment 2023
All the candidates applying for this recruitment will be scrutinised on the basis of their marks obtained in their last qualifying exam. On the basis of those marks, a merit list will be prepared of the shortlisted candidates.
|Apply Online||NHM Assam Recruitment 2023|
|Download||NHM Assam Recruitment 2023 Official Notification|
|For more Updates||Visit NVSHQ|
Is NHM a private or government body?
The National Health Mission is an initiative by GOI in the year 2005. It is a government program and also a government body.
What was the objective of the NHM?
It was launched to deliver low-cost and quality health services to people living in rural areas of India.
What is the expected salary of a CHM officer in Guwahati, Assam?
The salary of CHM officers is Rs 25000 for one month and are also entitled to incentives based on the performance of Rs 15,000 per month.