NDA Eligibility Criteria 2021: All the young aspirants out there who are dreaming to join the Indian Armed forces and looking to serve their nation as an officer by joining the Army, Indian Airforce, or Naval Academy are must be waiting for the NDA & NA (I) Notification which was usually released by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) in Dec/Jan. But to be a part of one of the most esteemed forces in the world is not an easy task you have to be the best and must meet NDA Eligibility Criteria 2021 and suitable in all forms. Through this article, we have shared eligibility criteria details for NDA & NA which is most important for each candidate before they move forward to submit their NDA application online.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2021
- 1.1 What are the NDA Eligibility Criteria?
- 1.2 Other Criteria
- 1.3 Physical and Medical Standard Details
- 1.4 Visual Standards
- 1.5 NDA Eligibility for Height and Weight for Navy – INA
- 1.6 Vision standard for NA
- 1.7 NDA Eligibility Criteria – Physical and Medical Standard (Flying and Ground Duty)
- 1.8 NDA Eligibility for Medical Standard
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2021
Are you one of the aspirants who is preparing for NDA & NA Examination? If your answer is yes! Then do you know every year number of applicants who after toiling away day and night qualified their written examination but has been disqualified at a later stage just because they didn’t fulfill the medical, physical, and other important eligibility criteria for the post which are mentioned in the notification and we know there are many readers out there who are similar to them and don’t the head and tail of it? So just for you, we came up with this article in which we will let you know in detail about the Eligibility criteria for NDA 2021.
What are the NDA Eligibility Criteria?
Before you may proceed we just want to inform you that read all the details carefully because if at any stage you fail to fulfill any of the criteria which was mentioned below you will be debarred from the selection process. Eligibility criteria for NDA 2021 examination is given as: –
Applicant submitting application must be unmarried male and also
- An Indian Citizen OR
- Subject of Bhutan or Nepal or a Tibetan refugee, who came to India before 1st Jan 1962
- Indian origin person migrates from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, or Vietnam.
Note: Candidates of (b) and (c) categories must have a certificate that was issued by the Indian Government.
For NDA I: Only male unmarried candidates who have born between 2nd July 2002 to 1st July 2005 are eligible
For NDA II: Unmarried male candidates who have born between 2nd Jan 2003 to 1st Jan 2006
And the DOB which was mentioned in the matriculation/equivalent exam certificate or on a birth certificate issued by the registrar will be accepted by the commission are some of the important points of NDA Eligibility Criteria 2021.
- Such certificates will be required once the result has been declared by the commission.
- It is to be noted that the DOB mention in such certificates on the date of submission of application will be accepted and request to change the same will not be accepted.
- Also, candidates not to marry until they completed their training if any candidate marries though he is selected for training will not be selected and any candidate who marries during the period of training will be discharged and liable to pay the expenditure incurred on him by the Govt.
Army Wing of National Defence Academy: – for this applicants must have completed their 10+2
Air Force and Naval Wing of NDA 7 for 10+2 cadet entry at INA: – for this application must pass their 10+2
Note: Those who are appearing for the qualifying examination can also submit their application but they need to produce proof of clearing the said examination by the prescribed dates.
- NDA Application Form
- NDA Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply for NDA
- NDA Admit Card
- NDA Exam Dates
- NDA Exam Pattern
- NDA Syllabus
- NDA Preparation Tips
- NDA Books
- NDA 1 Result
- NDA 2 Result
If any of the candidates who are debarred from the Ministry of Defence from any commission in Defence service will not meet NDA Eligibility Criteria for this.
Candidates, who had failed in CPSS/PABT earlier, are now only eligible for Air force ground duty branches.
Physical and Medical Standard Details
As the job nature is not relaxing, it will test your mental and physical strength anytime without sending any prior notice. So before you may proceed do check twice whether you fulfill the physical strengths criteria whose details are given as: –
There are few ailments or defect which every candidate need to rectify from their end to speed up the medical examination if they recommended for SSB and some of them defect is given as: –
- Ear Wax
- Deviated nasal septum
- Phimosis/ hydrocele
Height and Weight Standard for Army Entries
The weight of the applicant should be proportionate according to their height below we have given the height and weight chart:
|Height (CMS)||Weight (KG) Age 17 to 20 years|
|Uncorrected Vision (maximum applicable)||6/36 & 6/36|
|BCVA||Rt 6/6 & Lt 6/6|
|Myopia||≤ -2.5 D Sph ≤ +/- 2.0 D Cyl)|
|Hypermetropia||≤ + 2.5 D Sph ≤ +/- 2.0 D Cyl|
|Lasik/ equivalent surgery||Not Allowed|
The minimum height for NA entries should be 157 cm but relaxation will be allowed to candidates who possess the domicile of the below-mentioned areas:
|Category||Minimum height in cms|
|Ladakh region tribal||155|
|Andaman and Nicobar, Lakshadweep and Minicoy island||155|
|Gurkhas, Nepali, Assamese, Garhwali, Kumauni, and Uttarakhand||152|
|Bhutan, Sikkim, & North East Region||152|
Height & weight standards for NA are given as: –
|Height in cms||16 year (in kgs)||18 years (in kgs)||20 years (in kgs)|
Vision standard for NA
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6 & 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6, 6/9|
Physical Standard for Navy
Applicants must keep themselves physically fit so that they can complete the following routine:
- Running: 2.4 KM in 15 minutes
- Push up and situ ups: Minimum 20 each
- Rope Climbing: 8 Mr
- Chin-Ups: Minimum 8
NDA Eligibility Criteria – Physical and Medical Standard (Flying and Ground Duty)
The minimum height for ground duty is: 157.5 cm but
Candidates belong to North Easter, Hilly region of Uttarakhand and Gurkhas will receive a 5 cm of relaxation i.e. 152.5 cm. whereas candidates of Lakshadweep will receive a 2 cm relaxation
The minimum height for flying branch is: 162.5 cm
|Sitting height||81.5 cm||96.0 cm|
|Leg Length||99 cm||120 cm|
|Thigh length||–||64 cm|
Ideal Nude weight for male candidates for NDA (Flying and ground duty)
|Height (in cms)||Age Range|
NDA Eligibility for Medical Standard
To be medically fit applicant should be in a good mental and physical state and must be free from some of the disease/disability/syndrome which was mention below: –
- No Swelling/tumors/ cyst/ swollen lymph node in any part of the body
- No sinus/ fistula on the body
- Hyper or hyperpigmentation or any other kind of skin disease
- Scars which can impair the functioning
- Arterio-venous malformation in body
- Head and face malformation
- Deformity due to fracture
- Colour perception and field of vision
- Any kind of disease or syndrome of the endocrinal system
- Free from any kind of history or evidence of mental disease/epilepsy
- Should be free from hereditary disease/syndrome
- Routine X-Ray will not be carried for Navy applicants.