MPPSC Recruitment Notification out for Librarian Posts: There is an availability of several vacancies for the post of Librarian in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The authorities at the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission will conduct the recruitment process for the same and have released a notification. They have further released the dates for application submission and declared the selection procedure. Check the released notification and more details pertaining to the MPPSC Recruitment 2023 of Librarians subsequently.
Check the information on available vacancies, salary, eligibility criteria and conditions, pre-requisites for application, application dates and process, selection procedure, direct application links, notification pdf, and much more for the Madhya Pradesh Recruitment of 255 posts of Librarians in the following article.
Update: The last date to submit an online application is extended to 30 October 2023.
MPPSC Recruitment 2023 of Librarians
The authorities at the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission released an advertisement as a notification with number 52/2022 on 31 December 2022. They declared the availability of 255 vacancies for the post of Librarian in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The post is in the second category and will be recruited in the year 2023. The MPPSC has announced that the application procedure will commence on 20 April 2023 in an online mode.
Interested candidates are required to check if they are eligible for the post and therefore fill out the application form prior to the deadline. The last date for the submission of applications was announced as 19 May 2023, and the same is mentioned in the advertisement. However, the authorities recently announced that the application deadline has been extended to 30 October 2023. Further, the authorities will open up the application correction till 2 November 2023.
MPPSC Librarian Recruitment Notification 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Recruitment||MPPSC Recruitment|
|Authority||Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission MPPSC|
|Minimum Eligibility||Bachelor Degree|
|Number of Vacancies||255|
|Pay Scale Level||10|
|Commencement of Application||20 April 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||30 October 2023|
|Last Date to Edit Application Forms||2 November 2023|
|Selection Process||Competitive Examination |
Details of Librarians in Madhya Pradesh
A total of 255 vacancies have been announced for the post of Librarian in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The MP Public Service Commission will be conducting the recruitment in the year 2023. They have further declared the reservation criteria that will be applicable. Further, there is a separate reservation for the natives of the state. Additionally, the authorities have reserved a few jobs for Persons with Disabilities. The following is the detailed break up of the vacancies:
|S.No.||Category of the Applicant||Seats Reserved for Natives of Madhya Pradesh||Total Vacancies|
|1.||Unreserved UR or General Category||19||57|
|2.||Scheduled Castes SC||8||24|
|3.||Scheduled Tribes ST||32||97|
|4.||Other Backward Classes OBC||18||56|
|5.||Economically Weaker Section EWS||7||21|
Salary of Librarian in Madhya Pradesh
The authorities at the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission have declared that they will be offering the recruits a pay scale as per Level 10 as approved by the Government. The entry pay has been declared as Rs. 57,700 monthly.
MPPSC Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
The Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission MPPSC shall only recruit candidates who are eligible. At any stage of recruitment, they hold the authority to reject the candidature of the applicants if found ineligible. Thus, aspirants must only apply if they fulfil the ensuing conditions of eligibility:
- Applicants must not be more than 21 years of age in order to apply for the recruitment. The age will be calculated with respect to the date of 1 January 2023.
- The upper age limit has been announced as 40 years as on 1 January 2023. However, it can be relaxed depending on the category of the applicants.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s or a postgraduate degree in the subject of library science, information science, documentation science, or equivalent.
- The degree must have been obtained from a recognized institution as approved by the University Grants Commission UGC or the Government of India.
- The candidates must have secured at least 55% marks in their last attended education professional degree.
- Applicant must be well equipped with computerization in the library and hold a substantial academic record in the same.
- The aspirant who intends to apply should have cleared the National Eligibility Test NET conducted by the University Grants Commission UGC, CSIR, or a similar examination recognized by the authorities.
- Candidates who hold a Doctorate of Philosophy or PhD in the respective subjects are eligible for recruitment. They must have qualified for the thesis if they are enrolled in the program and must have published at least two research papers as a part of the PhD.
Documents Required for MPPSC Librarian Recruitment
The authorities at the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission will require the candidates to submit the ensuing documents along with application forms in order to verify their eligibility and provide evidence for all the details they have mentioned in the application forms:
- High School Marksheet to serve as proof of Date of Birth
- Documents of all Education Qualifications
- Experience Certificate, if available
- Proof of being a guest scholar at a government institution in the state of Madhya Pradesh, if available.
- Photo Identity Card as issued by competent government authority such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, or any other.
- Proof of Residence such as domicile or any other
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Category Certificate such as that for Economically Weaker Section or Persons with Disability, if applicable
- Any other required documentation pertaining to the eligibility of the applicant
Apply for Madhya Pradesh Librarian Recruitment
The aspirants for the post of Librarian will have to apply online on the official portal of the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission. The authorities will initially consider the application form in order to shortlist them for further selection procedures. As of now, the application form has not been displayed. The applications will commence on 20 April 2023. Further, the application deadline was announced as 19 May 2023.
However, as per the latest information from the commission, the last date has been extended to 31 July 2023 and the deadline for application correction has been reannounced as 2 August 2023. The following step-wise guide will help you to apply for recruitment:
- Open the official portal of the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission at mppsc.mp.gov.in.
- On the Home page, tap on the option of Advertisements in the topmost menu.
- Nextly, in all the listed notifications and recruitment details, check out the Recruitment Advertisement for Librarian Examination 2022 Dated 30/12/2022.
- In the Details column, tap on the link of All Details.
- The respective web page for the Advertisement for Librarian 2022 Dated 30/12/2022 will appear on the screen.
- Tap on the option of Apply Here in order to open up the Application Form.
- In the newly opened form, enter the details as required.
- Upload the required Documents mentioned above, in the correct sizes and formats.
- Lastly, pay the Application Fees using online payment methods.
- The applicants are further advised to recheck the forms prior to submission. However, in case there might be certain changes that were to be made later, the authorities shall allow the same since they will open an Application Correction window. The last date to make corrections in the application forms is 2 August 2023.
- Finally, tap on the Submit option in order to successfully apply.
Application Fees for MPPSC Librarian Online Form
While applying, the candidates are required to pay a certain amount towards the process of the application. This amount also covers the examination fees. The prospects have to pay the fee in order to be able to submit the application forms. If they fail to do so, their application will not be considered submitted.
The mode of payment is online and the candidates can pay using Net Banking, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, or any other methods as available on the online transfer window. The authorities have announced different fees for candidates of different categories. The following amount has been declared by the MPPSC:
|1.||Unreserved or General Category Candidates and non-Natives of Madhya Pradesh||Rs. 500|
|2.||Scheduled Castes, Schedules Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Economically Weaker Sections, and Persons with Disabilities Candidates who are natives of Madhya Pradesh||Rs. 250|
MP Librarian Recruitment 2023 Selection Procedure
The applicants must be eligible for the recruitment and this must reflect in their application forms. If the authorities notice that a particular prospect is ineligible and not enough qualified to get recruited, they shall reject the application. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the competitive examination. The authorities will conduct the exam in an offline mode as per the guidelines and syllabus announced by them. The exam will be held on the Optical Mark Reader OMR sheet. In case, the examination is conducted online, the authorities shall notify the candidates in advance.
The Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission shall also reward extra marks to the candidates who hold the status of being guest scholars in the government universities in the state of Madhya Pradesh. Further, candidates holding a certain amount of work experience in the field will also be receiving additional marks or points which will be included in their merit. The authorities have announced in advance that in order to pass, the candidates will have to score at least 40% marks in the competitive test.
There is a relaxation of 10% marks for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories such as Scheduled Castes, Schedules Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Economically Weaker Sections, and Persons with Disabilities. Based on the released list, the eligibility of the candidates, reservation criteria, and the number of vacant seats were announced. The candidates will have to go through document verification at the time of recruitment.
MPPSC Librarian Recruitment 2023: Important Links
|Official Portal||Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission MPSSC|
|Apply||MPPSC Recruitment Direct Application Link|
|Download||Madhya Pradesh Librarian Recruitment 2023 Advertisement pdf |
MP Public Service Commission Notice for Submission Deadline Date Extension
When will the application start for the MPPSC recruitment of 255 vacancies of Librarians in Madhya Pradesh?
The application process for the MPPSC recruitment of 255 vacancies of Librarians in Madhya Pradesh commence on 20 April 2023.
What is the last date to apply for the Madhya Pradesh Librarian Recruitment 2023?
The last date to apply for the Madhya Pradesh Librarian Recruitment 2023 has been declared as 30 October 2023 by the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission.