Kolkata Metro Apprentice Recruitment 2023: The Kolkata Metro Railway has released the notification for the recruitment of Apprentices. The authorities have released the notification for a total of 125 vacancies. The authorities have already started accepting applications from the 7th of February, 2023 and the last date to apply for the vacancies is the 6th of March, 2023. However, it is important for the candidates to check out the eligibility prior to applying for any of the posts as neglecting the eligibility criteria and applying for any of the posts might end up to the wastage of their time and energy.
In this article, we have covered all the aspects that will help the candidate in filling up the application form.
Kolkata Metro Apprentice Recruitment 2023 Overview
The Kolkata metro recruitment can be considered a golden opportunity for the candidates who have completed their matriculation,12th and ITI. The candidates who have completed their ITI from the following trades Welder, Electrician, Fitter and Machinist are eligible to apply for this recruitment. As we have mentioned before, the total number of vacancies advertised is 125. In this article, we will discuss in detail the important dates, vacancy details, eligibility required and the method to apply for the apprentice posts.
The candidates interested are advised to go through this article first and then apply for the apprentice recruitment.
Kolkata Metro Recruitment Notification 2023 Overview
The highlights of the apprentice recruitment have been provided in the table below. The applicants will come across some important information about recruitment in the following table.
|Number of Vacancies
|Minimum Qualification Required
|Industrial Training Certificate(ITI)
|Location of Job
|Mode of Application
|Online and Offline
|Apprentice Registration Portal
Kolkata Metro Recruitment Time Line
All the important dates have been consolidated in the table below. The candidates need to check out these dates with utmost care.
|Advertisement Released on
|7th of February, 2023
|Start Date of Application
|7th of February, 2023
|End Date of Application
|6th of March, 2023
|To Be Announced Later
Kolkata Metro Railway Apprentice Vacancy
The authorities have published a total of 125 vacancies for the different trades mentioned. The candidates can have a glance at the table below for the number of vacancies in each of the trades. Apart from this, if the candidate desires to view the vacancies according to the category, then the aspirants can visit the official notification. The download link has been provided in the important link section. Anyways, the candidates can have a look at the table below as per their ITI trades.
|Number of Vacancies
Education Qualification for Kolkata Metro Apprentice
The candidates planning to appear for the examination need to fulfil the required educational details. Here for the Kolkata Metro Apprentice Recruitment, the candidates are required to have passed the matriculation with a minimum of 50% marks and they are also required to possess the ITI certificate from an institution which is affiliated with NCVT. They must have completed their ITI in any one of the relevant trades required. Furthermore, candidates from any other trade required in the recruitment are not allowed to apply for this.
The age criterion is another criterion that has to be fulfilled by the applicants. Without fulfilling the age criteria, the applicants cannot apply for this recruitment. The applicants should not be less than 15 years and their maximum age should not be 24 or more than that on the 1st of January,2023. The age relaxation for the different categories is as follows:
|Upper Age Limit Relaxation
|ST and SC
|UR- 10 Years
OBC- 13 Years
ST and SC- 15 Years
|Service Period+3 Years
Kolkata Metro Apprentice Recruitment Application Process
- First, the candidate has to first register themself in the apprenticeship India portal by visiting their page on https://www.apprenticeshipindia.gov.in/
- Now on the top of the homepage, there will be an option of ‘Candidate Login/Register’.Click on that.
- Now on the new page, select the option of ‘Register as a Candidate’.
- Enter your contact number and valid email id and click on the ‘Register’ icon.
- After successful registration, the applicants will have to fill up the application form provided in the notification along with the call letter according to the instructions.
- Enclose the copy of the required documents mentioned below attested by the gazetted officer with his office seal.
- After filling up the application form, call letter and enclosing the required documents, the applicants have to send the envelope to the following address mentioned below:
- Dy. CPO, Metro Railway, Metro Rail Bhavan, 33/1, J.L Nehru Road, Kolkata- 700071
Also mention “Application for Metro Railway” against Notice No. 01/2023/Metro Railway/Kolkata dated 07.02.2023 for engagement of Act Apprentices on the envelope.
Documents to Enclose with Application Form
- The following document copy should be attested by the gazetted officer with their official seal and name.
- Caste certificate, PH Certificate, DOB proof, educational certificate, Ex-serviceman and OBC certificate.
- Two envelope with self address on them of 11″*5″ along with postal stamp of Rs 5(PH,SC and ST not required)
- Two passport-size photos signed by the candidate
The fee to be paid by a Crossed Indian Postal Order of Rs 100 should be made in favour of PFA, Metro Railway, Kolkata and should be payable to GPO/Kolkata. For candidates belonging to EWS, Minorities, PHP, SC, ST and Women will not have to pay any fees.
- Merit List will be prepared on the basis of marks in 10th and ITI.
- Document verification and Physical fitness
- Medical Exam
|Register Here >>
|Registration in Apprentice Portal
|Download Application Form and Call Letter>>
|Application Form and Call Letter
|Kolkata Metro Apprentice Recruitment Notification 2023
|For more updates visit>>
According to the official notification for the apprentices’ recruitment in the Kolkata Metro, the stipend to the selected candidates will be according to the extant rules.
The training period will be according to the policies of Kolkata/RDAT.