Kerala Post GDS Recruitment 2019 Apply Online: India post has invited application for the recruitment of 2086 Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) in Kerala Postal circle. Kerala GDS Application procedure is currently going on. Interested candidates must submit applications only through the online mode. Eligible candidates must submit online Kerala Post Gramin Dak Sevak applications before the due date.
Prospective applicants must note that applications can be submitted only in online mode. No physical application forms are available. Applications made in offline mode will not be entertained under any circumstances. Kerala Post GDS Recruitment of candidates is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying exam.
In the given article, we have shared complete information about Kerala GDS recruitment drive. This article includes detail on application schedule, application procedure, eligibility requirements, Kerala Post GDS application fee, selection procedure, vacancy, application status, and related information.
Kerala GDS Recruitment 2019- An overview
|Recruitment||Kerala GDS Recruitment 2019|
|Article category||Recruitment application|
|Recruiting Authority||India Post, Ministry of Communication, Govt. of India|
|Online portal||India Post GDS Online Engagement portal|
|Name of the post||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)|
|Year of notification||2019|
|Basis for selection||Merit|
|Application process||Active now|
|Mode of application||Online|
|India Post GDS portal||http://www.appost.in/|
|Kerala postal circle GDS registration link|| Click Here|
Read how to register online
|Official notification||Download Here|
Kerala GDS Application form Important Dates
|Start date for Kerala GDS Registration & Fee Submission||5th August 2019|
|Last date of Registration & Fee Submission||4th September 2019|
|Start date of online application submission||5th August 2019|
|End date of Kerala GDS online application submission||4th September 2019|
|Date of declaration of result/ Merit list||Notified later|
|Verification of documents||Notified later|
Kerala GDS 2019 Vacancy Detail
There are total 2086 posts for Kerala Postal circle. Candidates can have a look at community-wise consolidation of posts shared as under-
|Community/category||No. of posts|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||416|
|Economically Backward Classes (EWS)||197|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||143|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||37|
Kerala GDS Application Form Eligibility
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility requirements before filling the application form. The complete eligibility criteria for the post of GDS is given below-
- The minimum age of candidate should be 18 years and maximum should be 40 years as on 5th August 2019.
The age relaxation permissible in upper age limit of various reserved categories is shared as under-
|PWD + OBC||13 years|
|PWD + SC/ST||15 years|
Kerala GDS Educational Qualification Criteria
- Applicants must have passed class 10th with passing marks in English & Mathematics and hold Secondary School Examination pass certificate from a recognized Board of Education.
- Candidates who have passed class 10th in first attempt will be considered meritorious.
- Applicants must have compulsory knowledge of local knowledge. They must have studied the local language up to class 10th.
- Kerala GDS Applicants must have knowledge of cycling. Candidates having knowledge of riding motorcycle or scooter will also be considered as knowledge of cycling.
Kerala GDS Application Procedure 2019
- Application should be submitted only through the online mode.
- Applicants must go through the official notification shared above before submitted applications.
- Only eligible candidates should apply.
- Only one registration is allowed for one candidate.
- Entries in application form should be filled accurately.
- Incomplete and wrongly filled application forms shall be rejected.
- Before registration and application, candidates must keep all the documents ready with them in scanned form as prescribed in official notification.
How to online apply Kerala Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment ?
Those who have not submitted online application form yet and are willing to do so can follow the simple instructions given below-
Stage 1- Registration
- Visit India Post GDS online engagement portal (http://www.appost.in/) first.
- Click on “Registration” link given on the homepage of the website under the head Steps to Apply.
- Kerala GDS Registration form will open.
- Fill all the basic information such as Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces), Father Name, Mobile Number (Unique for one Registration number), Date of Birth, Gender, Community, etc.
- Upload photograph and signature in prescribed format.
- Click on submit details.
- Kerala GDS Registration will be completed and a registration number will be generated.
- Keep the registration safe for future logins.
Stage 2- Fee Payment
After registration, candidates have to make payment of requisite application fee.
- Only Unreserved, OBC and EWS make candidates are required to make payment of the application fee.
- They have to pay an amount of Rs.100/- (plus service charges applicable) for each set of five options.
- Kerala GDS Application fee can be paid through online and offline mode.
- Online payment can be made through net banking, credit or debit card.
- Female and PWD candidates are exempted from the payment of application fee.
- To make online payment, applicants have to click on the URL (https://indiapostgdsonline.in/onlinefee) provided on the homepage of the official portal.
- Candidates can make offline payment at any Head Post Office or recognized post offices in the country. The list of all the post offices can be checked at http://www.appost.in/MasterPDF/Fee_Offices.pdf.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
How to pay Kerala post GDS application fee?
- Go to http://www.appost.in/.
- Click on “Fee Payment” link on the homepage.
- Enter the registration no., mobile no., name, community and Amount. Click on “Make Payment” option.
- Kerala GDS Application fee will be paid.
Stage 3- Apply Online form
Once fee is paid, candidates have to proceed to online application. The step-by-step information for online application is given as under-
- Visit http://www.appost.in/.
- On the homepage, click on “Apply Online” link.
- Enter the verification details such as registration no., circle applying for and click on submit button.
- Kerala GDS Application form will appear. Fill all the details carefully in the application form.
- Proceed to upload documents.
- Upload all the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Submit preferences for the posts.
- Click on preview button and cross-check all the entries carefully.
- Submit the application form and click on “Print Application” button.
- Kerala GDS Application form will be printed. Retain the filled in application form for further references.
Completion of the all aforementioned steps will be treated as submission of application.
Kerala Post GDS Recruitment Selection Procedure
Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of automatic generated merit list. No selection test will be conducted for selection of the candidates. It will be totally based on merit of the candidates.
Candidates with higher education or having experience will not be given weightage. Kerala GDS recruitment selection will be purely based on rules and policies of the recruiting agency. Candidates can apply for maximum of twenty posts.
On the basis of applications submitted and merit of the candidates, merit list will be generated and hosted online. Provisionally selected candidates will be invited for document verification.
Kerala GDS Recruitment Application form Documents Required
At the time of online application, candidates are required to keep the scanned copy of documents with them-
- SSC Marks Memo/ Certificate
- Date of Birth proof if date is not mentioned in SSC certificate
- Memo 1 (for candidates not qualified in single attempt)
- Additional SSC Marks memo 2 (for candidates not qualified in single attempt having more than two marks memo)
- Community certificate (SC/ST etc.)
- Certificate of Disability
- Scanned passport-sized photograph
All the aforementioned documents should be uploaded as per the format specified by the recruiting agency. For complete information about uploading file format, permitted file size, and importance of each documents, candidates must go through the official notification (page 11).
Kerala GDS Application Status
After successful submission of application forms, applicants can also track the application status till the result is announced. They have to enter the essential details in the application status form and whatever will be the status it will appear on the screen.
The simple steps to know the application status online is given below-
- Open the official website i.e. http://www.appost.in.
- Click on “Apply online” link.
- Select “Application Status” option from the dropdown list.
- Application status form will appear.
- Enter the registration number, mobile number applied circle and click on “Print Application” button.
- Application status information will display on screen.
- Applicants can now check their application status.
The direct link to track the status of application- https://indiapostgdsonline.in/phase3/reg_status.aspx
Important Instructions regarding Kerala GDS Recruitment application
- Online application forms for Kerala GDS recruitment are currently available.
- No offline applications will be considered.
- Applications should be submitted before the due date as after the last date application link will be removed.
- All the documents should be uploaded in the prescribed format.
- Applications submitted with incomplete information will be rejected.
- Duplicate registration or applications shall be canceled.
- Candidates can apply for maximum twenty posts in each cycle across India.
- After the submission of registration and application details, no alteration and modification in the same will be possible and thus no such requests will be entertained at any level.
- Candidates must keep their registration number safe for further logins such as submission of application, payment of application fee, application status check, etc.
- Selection of suitable candidates will be made on the basis of merit.