Karnataka Post GDS Recruitment 2022: The Department of Indian Post has released a GDS notification to recruit 2410 eligible candidates for BPM, ABMP, and Dak Sevak posts in the state. As per the notice, the online application commenced on 2nd May and will conclude on 5th June 2022. The department has asked the interested candidates to send their applications for the vacant posts in their states’ departments. To get in-depth details about the Karnataka Post GDS Recruitment read the article given below.
- 1 Karnataka Post GDS Recruitment 2022
- 2 Karnataka Post GDS Recruitment Application Fee
- 3 Pay Scale for India Post Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)
- 4 Karnataka Post GDS Eligibility Criteria
- 5 Karnataka Post GDS Educational Qualification
- 6 Karnataka GDS Recruitment Selection Procedure
- 7 How to apply for Karnataka GDS Posts 2022?
- 8 Karnataka GDS Recruitment 2022: Key Links
Karnataka Post GDS Recruitment 2022
The Department of the Post has the requirements of Gramin Dak Sevak in many states. In this article, we have compiled the information about the Karnataka Post Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2022. The department has released the notification for the recruitment in all the states on the same day.
If you are looking for a government job then this can be a good opportunity for you as the numbers of vacancies are high in Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2022. Scroll down to know more about the vacant posts in the Department of Post.
Karnataka Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2022- Overview
|Article Category||Vacancies in State Government of Karnataka|
|Department||Department of Post|
|Department Name||Karnataka Postal circle Department|
|Post||Gramin Dak Sevak|
|Job Type||State Government of Karnataka|
|Total Vacant Posts||2410|
|Application submission Process starts on||2 May 2022|
|Last date to apply||5 June 2022|
|Job Role||BPM, ABPM and Gramin Dak Sevak|
|Working Location||Anywhere in Karnataka|
|Official Website 1||https://indiapostgdsonline.in/|
Karnataka Post GDS Vacancy Details
As per the notification released by the department of Post the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak the Karnataka state has a total of 2410 vacancies. Further, these vacancies are divided into category wise. Here is the list of same;
- For EWS – 269
- For OBC – 594
- For PWD-A – 12
- For PWD-B – 18
- For PWD-C – 19
- For PWD-DE – 5
- For SC – 323
- For ST – 153
- For UR – 1017
- Total Vacancies – 2410
Karnataka Post Office Recruitment 2022: Key Dates
- The Online application submission process has been started on- 2nd May 2022
- The Closing Date to Registration and fee submission Online for the vacant posts: 5 June 2022
Karnataka Post GDS Recruitment Application Fee
Applicants have to pay an application fee while submitting the application form online. This application is non-refundable and can be submitted online through debit card, credit card, and net banking. Here are the details of Application fee the applicant need to pay to apply for Karnataka Gramin Dak Sevak Post;
- For the make candidates from OC/ OBC and EWS category, the application fee is Rs. 100/- only.
- Female candidates and candidates from Pwd, SC, ST categories are exempted from paying the application fee.
Pay Scale for India Post Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)
Selected candidates will get the salary as per the below given table;
|S. No||Category||Minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab||Minimum TRCA for 5 Hours/Level 2 in TRCA slab|
|2||ABPM/Dak Sevak||Rs. 10000/-||Rs. 12000/-|
Karnataka Post GDS Eligibility Criteria
The department releases a set of required eligibility for the applicant to apply for the available vacancies. In this eligibility criteria the department mentions the required minimum and maximum age of the applicant and educational details. So the department of the post has also released eligibility criteria that a person needs to fulfill to apply for the available vacancies.
The age of the applicant should be 18 and 40 years to apply for the GDS post.
Applicants from the specified category will get the relaxation in the upper limit of age as per the rules. Here is the detail of same;
|Sl. No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|1.||Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|3.||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||No relaxation*|
|4.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|5.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years|
|7.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST||15 years|
Applicants who belong to any of the above mentioned category and eligible to get relaxation in the upper age limit will have to produce the required documents to prove their eligibility.
Karnataka Post GDS Educational Qualification
- Applicant must have passed 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India.
- The Candidate passed Xth class examination in the first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally. So to apply for the vacant posts for Karnataka state the candidate must know the Kannada language in all three formats, reading, writing and speaking.
- The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects].
- Applicants also need to have Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/State Government or Private Institutions Organizations.
Along with the mentioned qualification, the applicant must know to ride the bicycle and two-wheelers to apply for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak. Those candidates who will apply for the post of GDS BPM must provide accommodation for Branch post office after selection but before engagement and the accommodation also need to fulfill the conditions set by the department.
The candidates interested for the post of GDS BPM are suggested to read the official notification to understand the conditions set by the department for accommodation. At the bottom of this article, we have given the link of the official notification so that applicants can understand it.
Karnataka GDS Recruitment Selection Procedure
Selection of the applicant for the post of GDS will be done on the basis of the automatically generated merit list. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of applicants’ marks scored in class 10th. The marks scored by the applicant in higher grades will not be entertained by the selection committee. So the criteria for selection will be the only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals.
Those candidates, who get the marks in the form of grade as per the process of their board, will have to convert the grades into marks.
If two candidates get the same marks in class 10th then their selection will be done on the base of their Date Of Birth. The elder candidate will get the preference over the younger one in case of the same score in class 10th.
As per the rules released by the department for Karnataka Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2022 candidates can apply for a maximum of twenty posts, as per the cycle of online engagement.
How to apply for Karnataka GDS Posts 2022?
Department of Post is accepting the application online to from the applicants. Interested candidates are not to send their application through any other medium. To apply for the vacant posts the applicant will have to follow the below given steps;
Step 1: First of all the applicant will have to register on the official portal of the Department of Post. Candidates can get their registration on https://indiapostgdsonline.in/
Step 2: Applicant needs to remember that they can do only one registration at a time. To register online to apply for the vacant posts the applicant will have to need the following information;
- Father Name
- Active Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
- State in which Xth class passed
- Board in which Xth class passed
- Year of Passing Xth class
- Xth Class Certificate Number / Roll Number (optional)
Step 3: After completing the registration process the applicant can log in online with their registration number.
Step 4: To complete the application submission process the applicant will need to upload the below given documents on the application form;
- SSC Marks Memo
- DOB proof if DOB is not in the SSC Certificate
- Memo 1 (for the candidate not qualified in a single attempt)
- Additional SSC Memo2 (for a candidate not qualified in single attempt having more than two marks memo)
- Computer Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Photo & Signature of Applicant
- Certificate of Disability
Step 5: As the last step to apply for the Karnataka GDS post the applicant will have to pay the application fee as per his/her category. Pwd and female applicant can apply for the vacancies without paying anything.
So this is the whole process of applying online for the vacant posts available for Karnataka Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2022.
In this post we have compiles the detailed information of Karnataka Post GDS Recruitment 2022. Hope the information mentioned here has helped. If you are interested to apply for the aforementioned vacant posts then you are suggested to fill and submit your application before the last date. If you face any issue while applying for the GDS post then you can write to us in the below given comment box.
Karnataka GDS Recruitment 2022: Key Links
|Online Registration, form, and fee submission link||Click here|
|Official Notification||Click here|
|Official Website||Click here|