Indian Coast Guard Yantrik/Navik 01/2024 Recruitment Online Form: ICG is currently inviting online applications for the posts of Navik (GD and DB) and Yantrik. The Candidates who are interested in working in the Defence Ministry’s Indian Coast Guard must apply. The application window opened on 8th September 2023. The recruitment is for the post of Navik in the General Department and Domestic Branch (Available) and Mechanical or Electrical or Electronic Yantrik (Available).
In this article, the eligibility, vacancies, important dates, application procedure, and much more are discussed for the posts of Navik (DB) and Yantrik. Thoroughly read all the information mentioned below before applying for the notified posts.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023
The Indian Coast Guard is currently recruiting Navik and Yantrik. The notification was released for recruitment in the year 2024. Interested applicants are required to register online. The successfully registered candidates will have to go through the selection procedure as specified by the ICG. There are a total of 350 openings. The candidates will have to check all the criteria and must satisfy each since the selection includes a strict Candidates Verification procedure. The recruitment applications will wind up on 22nd September 2023.
Active Now: Indian Coast Guard Application Link
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Recruitment||Indian Coast Guard Yantrik/Navik 02/2023|
|Authority||Indian Coast Gaurd or ICG, Ministry of Defence|
|Posts||Navik and Yantrik|
|Branch for Navik||Domestic and GD|
|Streams for Yantrik||Electrical, Electronic, and Mechanical|
|Navik Pay Scale||3|
|Yantrik Pay Scale||5|
|Start of Application||8th September 2023|
|End of Application||22nd September 2023|
|Examination Date||Dec 2023|
|Examination Result||Within 30 Days of the Exam|
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: Vacancies details
There are a total of 350 openings for the post of Navik in the Domestic Branch and GD Branch. However, the vacancies have been very well distributed among the reserved and unreserved categories. The following distribution has been released for the post of Domestic Branch Navik and Yantrik by the Indian Coast Gaurd:
|Post||Unreserved or||Economically Weaker Section or EWS||Other Backward Classes or OBC||Scheduled Tribes or ST||Scheduled Castes or SC||Total|
|Navik (Domestic Branch)||12||3||09||2||4||30|
|Navik (General Duty)||104||27||52||35||42||260|
Indian Coast Guard Pay Scale
The ensuing pay scale has been announced by the ICG for the selected candidates:
|S.No.||Post||Pay Scale||Pay Level|
|1.||Navik (Domestic Branch)||Rs. 21,700||3|
Additionally, the selected candidates can get promoted up to the position of Pradhan Adhikari or Pradhan Sahayak Engineer and enjoy a pay scale of Rs. 47,600 as per Pay Level 8 along with Yantrik pay of Rs. 6,200 with dearness allowance.
Subscribe to our FREE e-Newsletter for Daily Updates.
Govt Jobs Opening, Results & Online Earning Opportunities.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility conditions must be carefully observed before applying for the posts of Navik and Yantrik 2023 under Indian Coast Gaurd:
- The candidates applying must be Males only.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The age of the candidate should not be less than 18 years.
- Unreserved or General Category Candidates more than 22 years of age will not be eligible to apply.
- Scheduled Castes or Tribes Candidates must not be more than 27 years of age so as to apply for the aforementioned posts.
- Candidates belonging to the category of Other Backward Classes should not be more than 25 years of Age.
- The candidates must have passed Class X from a recognised board. ‘
- Additionally, the candidates applying for the post of Yanktrik must have a diploma in Electrical or Electronics or Mechanical Engineering.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment Selection Procedure
Only the candidates who will properly apply online for the posts and pay the application fee as applicable will be shortlisted to go through the selection procedure for recruitment in the Indian Coast Guard. They will have to appear for the four stages: I, II, III, and IV.
The first stage or Stage I is the Written Examination. Based on the merit as finalised on the decided ratio by ICG in this examination, candidates will be shortlisted for the next stage. They will receive E-Admit Cards so as to appear for Stage II.
The second stage will include a Physical Fitness Test, Document Verification, and Initial Medical Examination. An All India Merit will be further prepared depending upon the result of candidates in Stages I and II.
Those who will be finally selected will have to go through Document Verification, Final Medicals at INS Chilka, and Submission of Original Documents, Police Verification, and Other Associated Forms in Stage III. The final stage or Stage IV includes the finalisation of candidates who have passed Stage III and appear in the merit. The selection will depend entirely upon the number of vacancies and the position in the Final Merit List.
How to fill Indian Coast Guard Recruitment Application Form?
The Applicants must apply online through the portal of Indian Coast Gaurd for the above-notified posts. They will have to follow the following steps in order to do so:
- Open the portal of ICG at joinindiancoastguard.cdac.in.
- On the main menu, tap on Upcoming Opportunities to open the dropdown list.
- In the list, tap on Apply Now for the respective post for which the candidate wishes to apply.
- The Sign In form will open.
- Tap on Create Account if the candidate is not previously registered.
- Enter all the needed information in the form and create the login credentials.
- Use these credentials to Sign In.
- The application form will open up.
- Enter all the details marked with “*“.
- Upload the aforementioned Documents as required in the application.
- Finally, pay the Application Fee and click on Submit.
Documents required during form submission
The candidates who aspire to appear in the Selection Procedure on the basis of online application must upload the documents given below:
- Latest Passport Photograph
- Digitally Scanned Image of the Candidate
- Class X Marksheet for Date of Birth Proof
- Aadhar Card or Voter ID Card or PAN Card or any other Photo Identity Proof recognised by the Government
- Class X Certificate
- Caste Certificate for Non-Creamy Layer, if applicable
- Scanned Signature of the Parent or the Guardian of the Candidate if less than 1 year in age
- A handwritten Declaration was written by the Candidate
- NOC if the candidate is serving as Civilian ICG or CG Personnel
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment Application Fee
The applicants who will fill out the application for any of the aforementioned posts must pay the application fee of Rs. 300. However, the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes or SC/ST are spared from paying the application fee. All candidates except the ones who are exempted will have to pay the amount. If the fee is not paid, the applicant will not be able to confirm the candidature. The fee will have to be paid online through a safe transfer window using the specified options. Additionally, the amount paid will not be refunded in any circumstance.
The written examination will be a Computer Based Test that will follow the subsequent pattern:
|S.No.||Name of the Section||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Time Duration||Qualifying marks for UR or EWS or OBC||Qualifying Marks for SC/ST||Syllabus Level|
|1.||I||Mathematics||20||60||45 Minutes||30||27||Class X|
|General Knowledge or GK||5|
|2.||II||Mathematics||25||50||30 Minutes||20||17||Class XII|
|3.||III||Electrical Engineering||50||50||30 Minutes||20||17||Diploma|
|4.||IV||Electronics Engineering||50||50||30 Minutes||20||17||Diploma|
|5.||V||Mechanical Engineering||50||50||30 Minutes||20||17||Diploma|
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: Key Links
|Application Link||Active from 8th September 2023|
|Official Indian Coast Gaurd Portal 1||joinindiancoastguard.cdac.in|
|Official Indian Coast Gaurd Portal 2||joinindiancoastguard.gov.in|
|Recruitment Detailed Notification||Click Here|