Gujarat GDS Recruitment 2019 | Online Form: Department of India Posts releases the requirement of Gramin Dak Sevak on time to time. Though the department of Post is a central government’s department but vacancies available in this department is released state wise. Recently the India Post has released the vacancies for the Gramin Dak Sevak in Gujrat.
The Gujarat GDS Recruitment Application form interested candidates for this post are invited online. In this article, we have compiled all the information related to Gujarat Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2019. Interested candidates can scroll down to know more about this recruitment notification to work with Central Government Department.
Gujarat GDS Recruitment 2019
Department of Post comes under the central government of India and it is one of the biggest department that is connecting all the Indians living in the country by delivering their letters. Recently the India Post (Bhartiya Dak Vibhag ) has released the advertisement of the requirement of Gramin Dak Sevak.
The Gramin Dak Sevak is responsible for delivers the posts, letters and other stuff sent via India post to the villages, far from the city. The Government of India is also planning to give more power to the Gramin Dak Sevak as they reach to those villages and places which are far from the city so the GOI is planning to give the right to these Gramin Dak Sevak to open the bank accounts of villagers.
Gujarat GDS Recruitment 2019- Overview
|Article Category||Vacancies in State Government of Gujarat|
|Department||Department of Post|
|Department Name||Gujarat Postal circle Departmnet|
|Post||Gujarat Post GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak)|
|Job Type||State Government of Gujarat|
|Gujarat GDS Total Vacant Posts||2510|
|Gujarat GDS Application submission Process starts on||5 August 2019|
|Gujarat GDS Last date to apply||22nd September 2019 (Extended)|
|Job Role||BPM, ABPM and Gramin Dak Sevak|
|Working Location||Anywhere in Gujarat|
|Registration Form||Apply Here|
|Official Website 1||www.appost.in/gdsonline|
|Official Website 2||www.gujarat.gov.in|
|Official Website 3||www.indiapost.gov.in|
Important Date to apply for Gujarat Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2019
Here is the detail of important dates associated with Gramin Dak Recruitment 2019;
Latest Update 5th September 2019: Registation & Fee payment last date is extended upto 16.09.2019 and Submission of online application is extended upto 22.09.2019.
|Start of Registration and Fee Payment||August 5, 2019|
|End of Registration and Fee Payment||September 16, 2019 (Extended)|
|Start of GDS Online Application||August 5, 2019|
|End of GDS Online Application||September 22, 2019 (Extended)|
Gujarat Post GDS Application Form Eligibility Criteria
The department of the post has set some eligibility criteria for the interested candidates to apply for vacancies available with the department for Gujarat state. Here is the detail of the eligibility criteria that you must have to apply for the aforementioned vacancies;
- Age of the applicant should be between18 to 40 years. 5 August 2019 is considered as the cut of date to count the age of the applicant.
- Applicants from the reserved category will get the relaxation in the upper age limit as per the below given table;
|Category of the Candidate||Relaxation in upper age limit|
|SC / ST||5 Years|
|PWD + OBC||13 Years|
|PWD + SC/ ST||15 Years|
- To apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak vacancies the applicant must have passed Secondary School Examination with minimum passing marks in English and Mathematics.
- Candidates need to have a computer certificate of a minimum of 6 months of duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Govt/State Govt/Universities / Boards/ Private Institutions/ Organizations.
- Have reading, writing and speaking knowledge of the local language is also must for the applicant to apply for the discussed vacancies.
How to Apply For Gujarat GDS Recruitment 2019?
If you fulfill the above-mentioned eligibility criteria then you can follow the below-given instruction to apply for this huge number of vacancies. Candidates need to know that the Department of Post is accepting only online applications and applicant sent to the department via any other medium will not be entertained.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to apply for the vacant posts of Gramin Dak Sevak in Gujarat;
- Step 1: Visit the Official Website www.gujaratpost.gov.in to apply online for the available vacancies. Here you will have to register yourself first then log in on the official page to apply for the vacancies.
- Step 2: On the home page of the website you will have to look for Gujarat GDS Recruitment notification 2019.
- Step 3: Click on the link to read the full notification, you can also check your eligibility from this article as well.
- Step 4: Eligible candidates can apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2019 by clicking on ‘Online Registration Link’.
- Step 5: A application form will appear on your screen. Fill the form with complete personal and professional details about you and submit it.
- Step 6: Once you fill the form completely then read it twice to confirm that all the information given on the form is correct.
- Step 7: Proceed to make the payment of application fee to complete the process to apply for the aforementioned vacancies.
- Step 8: At last take a print out for application form further use.
So this is the whole process to apply for the vacant posts available with Gujarat Gramin Dak Sevak GDS Recruitment 2019.
Application Fee for Gramin Dak Sevak GDS Recruitment 2019
- Application fee for OC/OBC/EWS Male candidates to apply for the vacancies is Rs. 100/-
- Female, SC, ST and PwD candidates are exempted from application fee.
Gujarat Postal Selection Process for Gramin Dak Sevak
Selection of the eligible applicant for the vacant posts in Gujarat Gramin Dak Sevak will be done on the basis of merit list. The applicant’s marks in class 10th will play an important role in his selection. The department will prepare and release a merit list as per the instructions were given to the department and rules it follows.
Here are the important links related to Gujarat Postal Circle Recruitment 2019;
- To read the official notification of Gujarat Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2019, click here.
- For registration on website to apply for vacancies, click here.
- To fill the application form and pay the fee to complete the process to send the application online, click here.
Gujarat Post Office Requirement 2019
Department of Post is upgrading itself and in order to offer more facilities to the people, it releases many requirements of Gramin Dak Sevak in past few months. The India Post department has releases more than 10,000 vacancies for Gramin Dak Sevaks so far, All these releases vacancies are for the different state as such Assam, Bihar, Gujarat, Punjab, Kerala, and Karnataka.
For Gujarat state, the department has released the requirement of more than 2510 Gramin Dak Sevak. The number of vacancies is high so the chances of selection for this post are high too. The vacant posts available and released by the India post are available in postal and railway mail service division.
Department of Gujarat Postal Circle has also released the notification for Multi Tasking Staff, Postman / Mail Guard Recruitment. The Postal Circle Recruitment will be done in Gujarat region wise. Gujarat Postal Circle releases 413 vacancies for MTS cadre posts. Eligible candidates can apply for the Gujarat Multi Tasking Staff and other Recruitment 2019 through online. The online process will be managed by the official website of Department of Post for the state.
The depart is inviting the applications for the following posts in Department of Post;
- BPM – Branch Post Master
- ABPM – Assistant Branch Post Master
- DAK SEVAK
Here is the Job Profile for the vacant posts available in Department of Post of Gujarat
Branch Post Master: The Job Profile of Branch Post Master will include managing affairs of GDS Branch Post Office, India Posts Payments Bank (IPPB) and ensuring uninterrupted counter operation during the prescribed working hours. BPMs are allowed to use handheld device/Smartphone supplied by the Department to complete the tasks assigned to them.
Assistant Branch Post Master: the job profile for this post includes all functions of sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail at doorstep deposits/payments/other transactions under IPPB, assisting Branch Postmasters in counter duties using the handheld device/Smartphone supplied by the Department. It is also expected from an ABPM to do marketing, organizing melas, business procurement and any other work assigned by the Branch Postmaster or seniors.
Dak Sevak: The responsibilities given to Dak Sevak include the sale of stamps and stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail and any other duties assigned by Postmaster/Sub Postmaster and seniors. A Dak Sevak may also have to assist Post Masters/Sub Postmasters in managing the smooth functioning of Departmental Post Offices and do marketing, business procurement or any other work assigned by the Post Master or IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs/SRM/SSRM, etc.
In Railway Mail Services(RMS), GDS has to handle the work, like, closing/opening of bags, transport of bags from one place to other manually and any other works allotted by the RMS authorities.
The Bottom Line
In this post, we have compiled all the information related to Gujarat Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2019. In case of any further query, feel free to write to us in the comment box below.