Delhi GDS Recruitment 2020-21 | Application form: India Post has invited application for the recruitment of 233 Gram Dak Sevak in Delhi Postal Circle. The registration process and application process is being conducted in online mode. No offline process will be followed for application submission.
The online registration has started from 27th January and the application process is also going to start from 27th January 2021. Those who are interested in joining India Post Delhi circle as GDS or post master and fulfill the eligibility conditions should apply before the due date which is
26th February 2021 1st March 2021.
Update (27th Feb): Delhi GDS Recruitment 2020-21 application date has been extended till 1st March 2021.
The application links and all the related links are also provided in this page. So, those who wish to apply can click on the respective link and can apply directly without any difficulty.
Before filling the application, they should go through all the important points related to this recruitment process. Therefore, to help candidates in this, we have shared all the necessary information in the given article. It contains details on application schedule, vacancies available, eligibility, application process, documents required, selection criteria and many more.
Delhi GDS Recruitment 2020- 2021
This Recruitment process is being conducted by India Post for filling 233 vacant posts in Delhi Postal Circle. The applications are invited on the basis of information provided by the respective recruiting authorities of Delhi Circe such as S.O, H.O, etc.
Under this recruitment process, three job profiles will be offered. These are- Branch Post Master (BPM), Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM), and Dak Sevak.
Overview of Delhi GDS Application form 2021
|Recruitment||Delhi GDS recruitment 2020|
|Article category||Delhi GDS Application form|
|Recruiting Authority||India Post|
|Ministry||Ministry of Communication, Govt. of India|
|Name of the post||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)|
|Advt. No.||RECTT/GDS ONLINE ENGAGEMENT/CYCLE-3/2020|
|Application date||From 27th January 2021 (Active now)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application link||Activate till 1st March 2021|
|India Post GDS portal||http://www.appost.in/gdsonline/home.aspx|
Delhi GDS Recruitment 2021- Important Dates
The application schedule of Delhi GDS recruitment is as follows-
|Commencement of online registration||27th Jan 2021|
|Last date for registration||26th Feb 2021|
|Online application starts on||27th Jan 2021|
|Last date for online application|| |
|Declaration of result||To be announced later|
Delhi Postal Circle GDS Recruitment Eligibility
Prospective applicants must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. They can check the eligibility requirements shared below-
- The minimum and maximum age of the candidate should be 18 years and 40 years respectively as on 27th Jan 2021.
However, age relaxation is also permissible for different categories. The same is given below-
|Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||No relaxation provided|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD) + OBC||13 years|
|Persons with Disabilities PWD) + SC/ST||15 years|
- Applicants must have passed Secondary School Examination/ Class 10th with subjects Mathematics and English from a recognized board.
- They should have compulsory knowledge of local language and should have studied it at least up to class 10th. For Delhi circle, they must have good knowledge of Hindi.
- They also should have basic knowledge of Computer training.
- Applicants must have knowledge of cycling.
- Past experience or service of any kind will not be considered for selection.
Delhi GDS Application Process 2021
Candidates who want to apply can apply only through the online mode. Before application, they should register themselves. Registration process has already been started.
Candidates should read the given instructions before filling application-
- Registration and application will be done only through the online mode.
- Offline applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Only one registration is allowed for one candidate.
- Applicants must have a valid email and active mobile number before registration.
- Only those applicants can fill application form who have completed the registration process.
- They must read all the instructions properly before going to fill the application form.
- Duplicate registration shall be cancelled.
- All the required documents should be uploaded in format specified by the conducting body.
- Details once submitted cannot be altered and modified after that. Therefore, each and every entry in the application form should be filled with utmost care.
- No request for alteration in filled in registration or application details will be accepted.
How to fill the Delhi GDS Application form 2021?
Application processes is divided into various parts. Candidates have to follow the given process to submit application for the post of GDS in Delhi postal circle-
- Visit the official website i.e. http://www.appost.in/gdsonline/home.aspx.
- Click on the registration link given under the head “Steps to Apply”.
- Fill all the details carefully.
- Recheck the details entered.
- Click on “Submit Details” option.
- Candidates will be registered.
Candidates will get a registration number after successful registration and they should retain it for further processing.
- Fee payment
- After successful registration, applicants have to make payment of the requisite application fee.
- They can make payment through online or offline mode.
- To make offline payment they can visit any Head Post Office or other identified Post Offices in India.
- Online payment can be made through credit/debit card or internet banking. For online payment, candidates have to visit http://indiapostgdsonline.in/onlinefee
|OC/OBC/EWS Male candidates/ Trans man||Rs.100/-|
|SC/ST/PWD/Female candidates/ Transwomen||No Fee|
Reserved category candidates (SC/ST/PWD and female) are exempted from application fee.
- Application form
- Once candidates have made the payment of application fee, they have to proceed further to fill the application form.
- Application forms will be submitted through the application link available on official website.
- They have to enter all the genuine details.
- Documents should be uploaded properly.
- They should recheck the details before final submission.
- After submission of application finally, they must take a printout of the application form. The application number should be retained.
Delhi GDS Application status check
After submitting the online application, applicants are also given an opportunity to check the application status. Those who want to track the status of their application till the result is published, can follow the given process-
- Visit the official website-
- Click on application status link.
- Enter the registration number, mobile number applied circle and click on print application link.
- Application status will appear.
Candidates must have all the documents and certificates (scanned copies) ready with them at the time of application. They have to upload the softcopy (scanned image) of following documents in the given format at the time of online registration-
|Name of the documents||Uploading file format||Allowed file size|
|SSC/Class 10th Marks Memo||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb, not exceeding A4 size|
|Memo 1 ( for candidate not qualified in single attempt)||200kb, not exceeding A4 size|
|Additional SSC Marks Memo 2 (for candidates not qualified in single attempt having more than two mark sheets)||.jpg/.jpeg||600kb, not exceeding A4 size|
|DOB proof if DOB is not in the SSC Certificate||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb, not exceeding A4 size|
|Computer certificate||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb, not exceeding A4 size|
|Passport size photograph||.jpg/.jpeg||50kb; 200×230 pixels preferred|
|Signature||.jpg/.jpeg||50kb; 200×230 pixels preferred|
|Community/ Caste Certificate||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb, not exceeding A4 size|
|Certificate of Disability||.jpg/.jpeg||200kb, not exceeding A4 size|
Total 233 vacancies are available for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak in Delhi postal circle. These posts are further categorized community-wise. Have a quick look at the category-wise distribution of total GDS posts given in the table below-
|Community/ Category||No. of posts|
|Delhi GDS recruitment notice||Click Here|
|Delhi GDS Recruitment Online Registration Link||Click Here|
|Delhi GDS Recruitment Online Fee Payment Link||Click Here|
|Delhi GDS Recruitment Online Application Link||Click Here|
|Delhi GDS Result||Click Here|
If you have any question then in regards to Delhi GDS Application form and recruitment 2021, then in discussion section below, comment your query and one of expert team member will reply to you.