BSF Head Constable Recruitment 2019: Border Security Force (BSF), has invited application for the recruitment of 1072 candidates for the post of Head Constable (Radio Operator)- RO and Head Constable (Radio Mechanics- RM). The application procedure link was activated from 14th of May 2019.
Interested candidates should apply online before the due date i.e. 12th June 2019. Applications through any other mode accept the online mode will not be accepted. Candidates selected for appointment are liable to be posted anywhere in India or Abroad.
In the article, candidates will find all the important information related to BSF HC recruitment.
BSF Head Constable Recruitment 2019- Overview
|Name of the recruitment||BSF Head Constable recruitment|
|Article category||Application form|
|Exam type||Recruitment exam|
|#Recruiting Body||Border Security Force (BSF)|
|Ministry||Ministry of Home Affairs, GoI|
|Reference No.||BSF L/No. 18/09/2019/C-Rectt/BSF4114-4405|
|Recruitment Type||Direct Recruitment|
|Post||Head Constable (Radio Operator and Radio Mechanics)|
|No. of vacancies||1072|
|Job location||Anywhere in India|
|Mode of application||Online|
|BSF recruitment portal||https://recruitment.bsf.gov.in|
Official notification PDF– http://bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/r0106.pdf
Pay Scale –
Head Constable (Radio Operator)- Level-4 in the Pay Matrix + other allowances
Head Constable (Radio Mechanic)- Rs.25500 – Rs. 81,100 (as per 7th CPC) + other allowances
BSF Head Constable 2019 Recruitment- Important Dates
|Release of official notification||15th April 2019|
|Beginning of online application||14th May 2019|
|Last date for online application||12th June 2019|
|Issue of admit card for screening test||Few days prior to the exam|
|Date of screening test|
|Declaration of result||To be notified later|
|PST, PET, and Documentation|
|Descriptive Written Test||2nd February 2020|
|Medical examination||13th April 2020 onwards|
|Final result||To be announced later|
Revised Dates Official Notification
BSF Head Constable Recruitment 2019- Vacancy
Candidates can have a look at vacancy details given in the table below-
- For Head Constable (RO)
75% Direct Entry Quota
25% Departmental Quota
- For Head Constable (RM)
75% Direct Entry Quota
25% Departmental Quota
* The number of vacancies shared above is subject to change.
BSF Head Constable Recruitment 2019- Eligibility
If you are interested in this recruitment and looking forward to it then you must go through the eligibility criteria first. You should ensure that t you fulfill all the requirements for post and are eligible to apply before filling the online application.
In case a candidate is found ineligible at any stage of selection procedure his/her candidature will be canceled. So, to avoid such situation only eligible applicants should apply.
The eligibility criteria for BSF HC is as under-
- Both Male and Female candidate are eligible for this post.
For HC (RM)
- Candidates should have completed Matriculation/ High school or equivalent from a recognized board and two-year ITI diploma in Electronics/ Radio& Television/ General Electronics/ Computer operator & programming assistant/ data preparation & computer software, data entry operator, etc. from a recognized institute.
- Candidate should have pass class 12th/ Intermediate from a recognized board with PCM as a regular student with 60% marks aggregate in PCM.
For HC (RO)
- Candidates should have completed matriculation/ High school or equivalent from a recognised board and two year ITI diploma in General Electronics/ Radio& Television/ Computer operator & programming assistant /Electrician, Fitter/ Data preparation & computer software/ IT &Electronic System maintenance/ Data entry operator etc. from a recognised institute.
- Candidate should have pass class 12th/ Intermediate from a recognised board with PCM as a regular student with 60% marks aggregate in PCM.
Age limit of candidates as on 12th June 2019-
|Category||Lower age limit||Upper age limit|
|General||18 years||25 years|
|OBC||18 years||28 years|
|SC/ ST||18 years||30 years|
For detailed information on age relaxation criteria, candidates can refer the official notification.
BSF Head Constable 2019 Recruitment- Application
- Interested applicants can make application only through the online mode.
- No other mode of application will be made available.
- Applicants must have a valid mobile number and email. They must ensure that the mobile no. and email are active throughout the selection procedure as all the correspondences will be sent only through the mobile no. and email ID.
- No request for change in mobile no. or email will be accepted at any stage.
- Applicant should thoroughly go through the guidelines and instruction mentioned on the official recruitment portal.
- All the details should be filled with utmost care in the application form.
- Candidate should keep a printed copy of duly filled application form with them for correspondences in future.
How to Apply For RO & RM Posts
Candidates interested in applying for this recruitment can follow the online form filling procedure shared below-
- Visit the BSF recruitment portal link shared above. Link will be activated from 14th May 2019.
- Click on the Apply Now or new registration link (as applicable).
- Fill the details and register the mobile no. and email Id. A registration ID and password will be generated.
- Log in with the registration no. and password.
- Fill all the entries such as basic details, personal details, educational details, etc. without making any mistake.
- Upload the scanned image of all the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Check the application form before final submission.
- Make the payment of prescribed examination fee.
- Lastly, take a printout of the application form and retain it till the completion of selection procedure.
Further detail related to online application will be updated later after the activation of recruitment portal.
- General and OBC candidates have pay an application fee of Rs. 100/-.
- SC, ST, BSF Serving candidates and Female candidates are exempted from paying the examination fee.
- Applicants can make payment of examination fee only through SBI online payment gateways viz. Credit/Debit card, Internet Banking or UPI BHIM pay.
BSF Head Constable Recruitment 2019- Selection Procedure
BSF will make the selection of eligible and suitable candidates for the post of Head Constable on the basis of Four Phases viz.- written examination, PST/PET & Documentation, Descriptive Test and Medical examination.
The first phase will be a screening test that will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates qualifying the written test will be shortlisted for Phase II. In this phase, candidates have to go through Physical Efficiency Test (PET/PST) and documentation. Only those candidates will be qualified for PET who will clear the documentation round. The PET parameter will vary for male and female candidates.
Further shortlisted candidates have to appear for Phase III. It will include a descriptive test (written test) followed by a dictation test. Now, candidates selected provisionally after phase III will be invited for Final Medical Examination. After their detailed medical examination and on the basis of marks obtained by them in the descriptive test a final merit list will be prepared. Finally, selected candidates will be invited for appointment.
BSF Head Constable – Phase I Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for phase I written exam i.e. screening test is as follows-
- Mode of exam- Offline exam (OMR Based test)
- Single test will be conducted for both HC (RO) and HC (RM) posts.
- Type of questions- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Duration of exam- 3 hours
- Total questions- 100
- Total marks- 200
- Negative marking- 0.05 will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Medium of question paper- Hindi and English
- Sections/ parts- Four parts
|Part||Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Part IV||English & GK||20||40|
BSF Head Constable Admit Card 2019
Candidates appearing for each stage needs to carry a valid admit card. They can download the admit card from the official website of BSF at least one week before the date of exam.
Carrying an admit card on the day of exam at the examination center/ recruitment center is compulsory for all the candidates appearing for the exam. Without admit card no candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam.
Keep visiting this page on a regular basis for more details and updates related to BSF Head Constable Recruitment 2019.