Bihar GDS Recruitment Application: India Post Department has released the Bihar GDS Cycle III 2021 Notification to recruit 1940 candidates for the post of branch postmaster, Assistant branch postmaster, and Dak Sevak. Candidates who had passed their class 10th are eligible to apply for the post but they need to fulfill the age criteria. The online application for Bihar GDS 2021 recruitment is commenced from 27th April 2021 and upto 26th May its window will remain open. If you are interested in recruitment and wanted to join the India Post Department then go through this article to grasp all the details about the recruitment.
Update: Bihar Postal office recruitment link is active now.
- 1 Bihar Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2021
- 2 Bihar GDS Recruitment 2021 Overview
- 3 Bihar GDS Application 2021: Important Dates
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for Bihar GDS Recruitment 2021
- 5 Selection Process for Bihar GDS Recruitment 2021
- 6 How to Apply for Bihar GDS Recruitment 2021?
- 7 How to Retrieve Bihar GDS Registration Number?
- 8 Bihar GDS Selection List 2021
- 9 Bihar GDS Application Link
- 10 FAQs
Bihar Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2021
Through this recruitment drive a total of 1940 vacancies are aimed to be filled in various divisions of Bihar like Begusarai, Bhagalpur, Katihar, Nalanda, Nawadha, purnea, Gaya, Samastipur, Saharsa, Darbhanga, East Champaran, Madhubani, Muzzafarpur, saran, sitamarhi, Siwan, West Champaran, Aurangabad, bhojpur, Patna, Patna sahib, rohtas, and Vaishali.
For this recruitment drive, the authority will not conduct any examination and the selection for the post is based on marks secured by the applicant in their qualifying examination which is class 10th. No benefits will be given to any candidates who had attained higher education qualifications.
Bihar GDS Recruitment 2021 Overview
|Department name||Post Office|
|Post for||Branch Post master, Assistant Branch Post master, and Dak Sevak|
|Number of post||1940|
|Last date of application||26th May 2021|
Bihar GDS Application 2021: Important Dates
|Online registration commences from||27th April 2021|
|Last date to register||26th May 2021|
|Online/offline fee submission date||27th April to 26th May 2021|
|Merit list declaration||Available soon|
Category wise list of vacancies
Have a look at the community wise post distribution: –
|Economical Weaker Section||146|
Eligibility Criteria for Bihar GDS Recruitment 2021
Only such applicants are eligible to apply for the post that may fulfill the following criteria:
The age of the applicant will be count as 27th April 2021
Minimum: 18 years
Maximum: 40 years
Note: Applicant belongs to reserve category will receive permissible relaxation in upper age limit category wise whose details are mentioned here: –
|PWD +OBC||13 years|
|PWD+ SC/ST||15 years|
Applicant should have passed 10th class (securing passing marks in mathematics, the local language of the state, and English)
Local language: one who intended to apply for the post must have studied the local language of the state at least upto class 10th.
Note: The local language of the state is Hindi
Other Requirements for the post
Computer Knowledge: Along with the said qualification applicants are also required to have basic computer knowledge and in its respect applicants need to furnish a certificate for it of minimum duration of 60 days. But applicants who had studied computer as a subject in matric or higher studies are exempted from this and need to provide any certificate.
Knowledge of cycling: It’s a pre-requisite condition that the application should have knowledge of cycling but one who knows how to ride a scooter or two-wheeler will be considered as knowledge of cycling.
Selection Process for Bihar GDS Recruitment 2021
No examination will be conducted by the postal department for the Bihar GDS selection process instead selection will be done, on the basis of an automatic generated merit list of the candidates who had applied for it.
The marks secured in class 10th will be the key criteria for the selection list. No weightage will be given to higher qualification applicants.
How to Apply for Bihar GDS Recruitment 2021?
An eligible applicant may submit their BIHAR GDS application online by visiting the appost.in. The application goes through 3 stages which we have discussed here: –
Stage 1: Registration
- Under the stage 1 tab select the registration tab
- Its selection will open the registration form in which you need to submit your basic details.
- Once you fill in all the details submit the form
- Upon submitting a registration number and password is sent to your provided mobile number
Stage 2: Fee payment
- In the second stage, you need to pay the application fee for the post is not exempted.
- For this under the dropdown of the stage 2 tab select the “Pay Online” link
- On the redirected page enter your registration number and ‘proceed to make payment
Note: Applicant can pay their fee online or offline both means.
Stage 3: submit application form
- Once you submit your application fee successfully you need to fill the application form
- For this select the Apply link under the drop-down of Stage 3 tab
- Enter the registration number and circle from the dropdown
- Fill in the details asked to do so
- After this upload the required documents in the prescribed format
- Choose preference as per your requirement and submit it.
- And at last, take the print out of the application
Documents Required for Bihar GDS Application
While filling the online application form applicant need to upload some of their documents whose list and prescribed format is given in the table below: –
|10th class certificate||Upto 200kb|
|10th class marksheet||Upto 200kb|
|DOB proof (If not mentioned in 10th marksheet)||Upto 200kb|
|Computer certificate||Upto 200kb|
|Caste certificate||Upto 200kb|
|Disability certificate||Upto 200kb|
|Transgender certificate||Upto 200kb|
UR/OBC/EWS (Male)/ Trans man: Rs 100/-
While other categories and female are exempted from fee
Fee payment can be done online via online payment gateway or offline through a list of post office whose details is available at the end of this article.
How to check Bihar GDS Recruitment 2021 Application Status?
After submitting the Bihar GDS cycle III application its status can be checked online by following some simple steps:
- On the official website
- Select the application status under the Stage 3 section
- On a new page, enter your registration number, mobile number, and circle applied for
- On submitting the same status of the application will appear to you.
How to change mobile number?
The mobile number submitted in the application is very crucial for all because all the important information and process won’t be completed without this. In case, if you want to change the same then it can be done by following methods: –
- Under the registration, dropdown select the change mobile number link
- Enter registration number
- Old mobile number and new mobile number
- Submit the same and on following some steps your number will be changed.
How to Retrieve Bihar GDS Registration Number?
Registration is equally important as mobile number and in case you forgot your registration number then it can be retrieved easily by process given below: –
- On the home page of the website select ‘forgot registration number’ under the dropdown of the registration
- On a new page, enter the applicant name, DOB, and mobile number
- After following these steps your registration number will be sent to your mobile number.
Bihar GDS Selection List 2021
Once the online application filling process is completed authorities will generate a merit list of the candidates who had applied for the post. This merit list will be based on the marks obtained in the 10th standard. Bihar GDS result 2021 will be available on the official portal also intimation for the same will be sent to the candidates on their registered mobile number.
Bihar GDS Application Link
|Forgot Registration number|
|Change Mobile Number|
Applicants may submit their application upto 26th May 2021.
Application fee for the application is Rs 100/- but females and applicants of reserved category are exempted from fee payment.
A total of 1940 candidates will be recruited for the post
Applicants will be shortlisted on grounds of marks obtained in 10th standard.