Assam Jail Warder Recruitment 2020: Apply online @slprbassam.in– State Level Police Recruitment Board (SLPRB), Assam has invited the notification for the eligible candidates for 173 vacant posts of Jail Warder in the prison department. The online application procedure has been started and will be available till 25th March 2020. Those candidates who are interested and eligible for the Assam Jail warder Recruitment may apply through online mode only from the official website.
Below in this article candidates will found all the information about recruitment. If you are interested in the post then must go through this article to know the eligibility and other procedure of the recruitment of Jail Warder.
Assam Jail Warder Recruitment 2020
It is to be noted by all candidates that this is not fresh recruitment instead it is the same notification which was issued by the department in 2018 and so many candidates had applied for this at that time also but…
Somehow the department could not execute the recruitment at that time but those who had already applied for the recruitment need not apply again.
Earlier, the number of vacancies for the post is 135 but now the board has added 38 new posts in their latest notification.
Assam Jail Warder Recruitment 2020: Overview
|Name of the recruiting body||State-level Police recruitment Board (SLPRB)|
|Name of the examination||Assam Jail warder|
|Name of the post||Jail warder|
|Number of posts||173|
|Selection procedure||PST, PET, and written test|
|Online application last date||25th March 2020|
To download Assam police Constable Admit Card (6662 Posts): Click here
SLPRB Assam Jail Warder Recruitment 2020: Important Dates
|New notification release date||2nd March 2020|
|Online application commences on||5th March 2020|
|Last date to apply online||25th March 2020|
|Date of examination||to be announce|
|Availability of admit card||NA|
|Date of result||NA|
SLPRB Recruitment 2020 Post Distribution
Assam Jail Warder 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
For the Jail warder post, you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria
Applicant must be a citizen an Indian Citizen and resident of Assam.
- Minimum: 18 years
- Maximum: 38 years
Note: Age will be calculated as on 1st January 2020
|For male Warder||For female warder|
|HSLC or Class X passed from any recognized board||Passed class VIII or equivalent examination|
|Undertaking as to know bi-cycling||–|
ST (H)/ ST (P)
Chest: should not be less than 81 cm when exhaled (only for male candidates)
Check >>> New National Education Policy
There is no application fee for recruitment.
Apply online Assam Jail Warder Recruitment 2020
After reading the eligibility criteria, those candidates who found themselves eligible for the post may apply online from the official website or the direct link given below.
You need to know how the process of online application works. So, for you we have given some steps, you need to follow them accordingly.
Note: those who had applied previously need not to apply again.
- First, you need to visit the official website of the board (link given below)
- At the home page, you can easily find the recruitment link
- Click on the “Apply here” tab as shown in the image below
- On the next page, you have to enter your mobile number
- After entering the mobile number you will receive the OTP submit the same
- Now the application form will appear to your screen
- Fill the form carefully and do not try to refresh or reload the page while filling the form
- After submitting the details now you need to upload the documents
- And after uploading them, application form will be up for review
- Check the form thoroughly because once the application form is submitted, after that you will not make any correction
- Once you submitted the form soon after you will receive the acknowledgment form which will have application ID and other details
- You need to keep the same for future references.
To apply online: Click here
Assam Jail Warder 2020 recruitment selection procedure
Candidates if you submitted the application form successfully and it is found in the order then you will be called for the PST and PET. For that board will issue the admit card separately on their website.
Physical standard test (PST)
Under this, the candidate’s height, chest, and weight will be measured. If you don’t meet the required standard then you will be disqualified and a rejection slip will be issued regarding this.
Physical efficiency test (PET):
After successfully qualifying the PET candidates will have to go through the PET which consists of:
- Male: 1600 meters
- Female: 1200 meters
- The duration of the race will be 6 minutes and 30 seconds and…
- Those who fail to complete the race within the stipulated time will be disqualified.
- Maximum marks for PET: 15 marks
- After qualifying the PST and PET candidates will have to go through the written test.
Document to be upload
While applying for the post candidates you need to upload a few of the documents. So you must keep those documents in a scanned format in respective sizes.
- Photograph: it should be recently clicked and size should be in between (15kb to 50kb)
- The signature must be signed in white paper with a black pen (4kb to 20kb)
- HSLC certificate for age proof (80kb to 100kb)
- Graduation certificate whose size must be in (80kb to 100kb)
- Caste certificate (OBC/MOBC/SC/ST(H)/ST(P): size must be in 80kb to 100kb
- Note: All images should be in JPG format
Scheme of written examination
- Total number of questions: 75
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Maximum marks: 1 for each question
- Negative marking: No
- Language of the paper: English and Assamese
Syllabus for written examination
- General English: 10 marks
- Elementary arithmetic: 10 marks
- General Science: 10 marks
- Reasoning: 10 marks
- Indian history/culture: 10 marks
- Assam history/geography/polity/economy: 15 marks
- GA/GK/CA: 10 marks
The final result will be based on
- PET: 15 marks
- Written Exam: 75 marks
- Extra activity: 10 marks
- Total: 100 marks
Document required while appearing for a test
While appearing for the PET and PST test candidates you need to carry self-attested photocopies along with original documents whose list is given below:
- Certificate of age proof
- Certificate and mark sheet of HSLC or equivalent to it
- Female candidates on not having cleared HSLC must show class VIII certificate
- Other certificates (if any)
- Certificate of sports and games (if any)
- Certificate of NCC and experience certificate of Home guard (if any)
- If a candidate is ex-servicemen, he/she must submit a copy of the discharge book and identity card
- Caste certificate which is issued from the competent authority
- 2 latest passport size photographs
- And undertaking of knowing bi-cycling
Assam Jail Warder Recruitment 2020: Select list
Once the written examination is concluded the board will prepare a merit list category wise which will be based on the total marks obtained by the candidate throughout the process. The merit list will be published by the board in newspapers and other media. It is to be noted that there will be no waiting list.
If two or more candidates secure the same marks then the preference will be given to the candidates who are older among them
If on having the same date of birth then the candidate taller in the height will be placed higher in the merit list.
Assam Jail Warder: Important points
- Eligible candidates may apply for the post on or before 25th March 2020
- Those candidates who had previously for the post they do not need to apply again.
- There will be no application fee
- After filling the form successfully candidates will be called for PET and PST
- Board will issue the admit card separately on their website for PST and PET.
- You need to furnish your documents on the PST and PET days.
- The result of PET and PST will be declared on the same day.
- You have to qualify each of the tests to qualify for the next.
- If you could not qualify any test at any stage then you will be disqualified and a rejection slip will be handover to the candidate
- Once you cleared both the test PST and PET after that merit list will be prepared
- And based on this merit list candidates will be called for written examination
- The merit list prepared will be ten times for males and females of the UR category while the reserved category will be 15 times.
- If any of the candidates secure equal marks then both of them will be called for the written examination.
- The written test will be of one day and the date and venue of it will be informed later on.
- Board will prepare the final merit list of the candidates based on marks securing by them in PET and written examination
- If anyone of you submitted false documents then your candidature is liable for rejection at any stage.
- On selection, candidates will be required to join any jail in the state of Assam.
- After selection candidates will have to go for 2 years of basic training.
- If on failing the training or found unsuitable for the job then he/she will be discharged from service.
To download official new notification: Click here
Total 173 vacancies are there for the recruitment
There is no application fee.
PST, PET, and Written test
No, those candidates who had applied in 2018 need not to apply again.