AP GDS Recruitment 2020-2021: Andhra Pradesh Postal Circle has released the notification got the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak. The Gramin Dak Sevak is also known as GDS takes the posts to all the faraway villages within the circle. This time AP Postal Circle has released a huge number of vacant posts this time so its a golden opportunity for the job seekers. AP GDS Recruitment notification has 2296 vacant posts. Candidates who are looking for a job can get the complete details about AP Postal Circle Recruitment 2020-21 from this article.
UPDATE: AP GDS Recruitment (2296 posts) 2020-21 Cycle II. application link for already registered candidates has been extended till 1st March 2021. Check Apply link given below.
Further in this article, you will get the information about the important dates, eligibility criteria and others to apply for the vacancies. We have also given a link to apply for the vacant posts from here. The link will take you directly to the application submission page. If you find any difficulty while filling the application form for GDS recruitment 2021 then instructions given here to apply for the job will help you.
In AP Postal Circle the application for the post of Branch Postmaster (BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) and Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) are invited. The job profile for Branch Postmaster includes managing the affairs related to GDS and maintain the official work. ABPM will be responsible for all functions of sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance. Delivery of mail at doorstep deposits/payments/other transactions under IPPB will also come under the responsibilities of ABPM.
Read on to get complete information about the AP GDS Recruitment 2020-21
AP GDS Recruitment 2020-2021
|Department Name||Department Of Post|
|Circle||Andhra Pradesh Circle|
|Job Name||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)|
|Job Location||Andhra Pradesh|
|Mode to Apply for the vacant posts||Online|
Andhra Pradesh Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment offers a great opportunity to many job seekers of the state. The vacant posts are 2296 which is good number for the job seekers as a huge no. of candidates can apply. Candidates can apply online for the above mentioned vacancies.
Have a look at the number of vacant posts category wise for AP GDS Recruitment 2020-21;
|Category of the Candidates||Number of Vacant Posts|
|PWD – B||34|
|PWD – C||35|
|PWD – DE||9|
Now you know the number of vacant posts as per the category of the candidate. To apply for the reserved category you will have to submit the supporting documents as well. The application process will start online. After submitting the application form and the application fee the candidates can also check the status of their application form online.
Read on to know the further details on eligibility criteria set for the vacancies of GDS in Andhra Pradesh Postal Circle.
AP GDS Recruitment Important Dates
Furthermore, in the article, we have mentioned the eligibility criteria to apply for AP GDS Vacancies. But, before this make a note of the important dates associated with AP GDS Recruitment 2020-21.
|Starting Date To Register online for Vacant Posts||27th Jan 2021|
|Last Date to register online for the vacancies||26th Feb 2021|
|Starting Date to Apply for the Vacant Posts||27th Jan 2021|
|Last Date to apply for the vacancies||1st March 2021|
AP GDS Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the vacant posts in AP GDS recruitment 2020-21 read the eligibility criteria given below;
- To apply for the above-discussed posts the applicants’ age shall be 18 and 40 years.
- The cut off date to check the age of the candidate is 27th Jan 2021
- Candidates from the reserved category will get the relaxation in the age limit as per the rules. Here are the details of same;
|S. No.||Category of the Candidate||Permissible age relaxation|
|1||Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 Years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 Years|
|3||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||No Relaxation|
|4||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 Years|
|5||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 Years|
|6||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST||15 Years|
To apply for 2296 vacancies of Gramin Dak Sevak in Andhra Pradesh the applicant needs to have the following qualifications;
- The applicant must have passed class 10th with passing marks in Mathematics and English from any government recognized board.
- Those candidates who will clear the class Xth in the first attempt will get the preference over those who passed compartmentally.
- It is compulsory for the applicant to have knowledge of local language. Applicant should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects]. So to apply for the vacancies of GDS in Andhra Pradesh the applicant must have knowledge of Telugu.
- The applicant must have a basic knowledge of computers. It is a must for the candidates to furnish a Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days. The certificate should be from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/State Government /Universities / Boards / Private Institutions Organizations.
- Having knowledge of cycling is a pre-requisite condition to apply for GDS post.
How To Apply For AP GDS Recruitment 2020-21
Candidates can apply online for the vacant posts of GDS online. Here are the steps that an applicant needs to take up to apply for the vacant posts of Gramin Dak Sevak in Andhra Pradesh.
- Step 1: To apply for the vacancies the interested and eligible candidate needs to first register on https://indiapost.gov.in or http://appost.in/gdsonline.
- Step 2: To register online the candidate needs to provide basic information like name, Father’s name and other. One candidate can register only one time with same mobile number. After registration the candidate will get a registration number. With the help of this number the candidates can submit their applicants.
- Step 3: After the completion of steps 1 and 2 the candidate will have to pay the application fee of Rs. 100. All Female candidates as well PwD candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Step 4: Applicant can pay the application fee through online or offline.
- Step 5: The candidates need to upload the following documents to apply for the vacancies;
- SSC Marks Memo/ Certificate
- DOB proof if DOB is not in the SSC Certificate
- Memo 1 ( for a candidate not qualified in single attempt)
- Additional SSC Marks Memo 2
- Computer Certificate
- Community Certificate
Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA)
Shortlisted candidates will b eligible to get the allowance based on the working duration. Here is the detail of TRCA of the selected candidates;
|Sl. No.||Category/ Post||Minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab||Minimum TRCA for 8 Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab|
|1.||BPM||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 14,500/-|
|2.||ABPM/Dak Sevak||Rs. 10,000/-||Rs. 12,000/-|
Candidates need to make a note that on engagement as GDS, the applicant will have to require furnishing security amount. Tat presents the security amount in case of the GDS Branch Postmaster is Rs. 25000/- and for other approved categories of GDS i.e. ABPM & Dak Sevak the security amount is Rs. 10,000 respectively.
AP GDS Recruitment Selection Criteria
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of merit list. The merit list will be generated by computers. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in 10th. In case of grades scoring the grade will be converted to the marks. Conversion of Grades and points in marks will be done by the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
If two or more candidates will be having same marks in the 10th class then their rank will be decided based on their Date of Birth. An applicant can apply for the 20 vacant posts with the same registration number. However, only one post will be offered for each Circle.
Information about the Recruitment
Applicants will get all the notification released bu the AP GDS circle as SMS on their contact number. Candidates will not get any call from the department and intimations related to their application or selection will be sent through SMS on their registered number.
Here are the important links related to the AP GDS Recruitment 2020-21
|AP GDS Recruitment 2020-2021 Cycle III Notification||Click Here|
|AP GDS Recruitment 2020-21 Fee Payment Link||Click Here|
|AP GDS 2021 Result||Click Here|
The Bottom Line
Please feel free to write to us in case of any queries regarding AP GDS Recruitment 2020-21. Mention the same in the comment section below.