IIT JAM EXAM PATTERN 2021: Every year IIT and IISC together organize JAM examination in a cyclic manner for MSC and Ph.D. This year IISC Bangalore is going to set the exam paper. The exam is scheduled for Feb 14, 2021 as Computer Based Online Test. IIT JAM Admit card will release on the first week of January. Previously, the exam is based on six subjects, but from 2021 one subject is added i.e. Economics. These Seven subjects of the exam module were divided into two shifts;
- The first half generally starts from 9.30 AM contains Mathematical Science, Bio-technology, Physics.
- In the second half starts after 2PM, shift consist of four subjects Math’s, Geophysics & Geology, Economics, and Chemistry.
*Total timing for examination is 6 hours, each shift are of three hours.
IIT JAM EXAM PATTERN 2021
- There are three sections in a question paper
|SECTION||TYPE OF QUESTIONS||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|A||30||MCQ||Ten questions-1 marks each|
twenty questions- 2marks each
|B||10||MSQ||20 MARKS- two for each|
|C||20||NAT||10 OF 1 MARKS|
AND REST 10 IS OF 2 MARKS EACH
- MCQ– Multiple Choice Questions
- MSQ– Multiple Select Questions, quite similar to MCQ, as MCQ has only one option is right but in MSQ more than one can be corrected.
- NAT:- Numerical Answer Type
IIT JAM Exam Important Dates
|Permission Letter||The first week of January,2021|
|Exam Date||14th February 2021|
|Submission of Online Admission Application form||Between 15-28 April,2021|
|First Admission list declaration||On June 16,2021|
|Second Admission merit list||On July 01,2021|
|Final and last admission List||July16,2021|
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Maring Pattern
- Incorrect answer lead to mark deduction/ negative marking
- Zero for not attempted questions.
- For one mark question – wrong answer- deduction of one-third marks
- There is no negative for section B& C
- For every two marks, wrong question-answer 1+1/3 will be deducted on Section A
Section A:- There are a total of 30 MCQ type questions, which divided in a ratio of 1:2 parts, the starting ten questions are of one mark each, and the rest twenty questions is are of two marks each. There will be negative marks in this section two-thirds marks will be deducted for each wrong answer and one mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
Section B:- In section B, the total 20 MSQ questions which are of two marks each, and in this section there will be no negative marking.
Section C:– it is based on numerical type 20 questions which divided into 1:1 ratio, first 10 questions is are of one mark each and remaining 10 questions are of two marks each. In this section also there will be no negative marking.
***NOTE:- There is no negative marking for Section B & C
IIT JAM Exam Scheme
|For more updates||https://jam.iisc.ac.in/|
|For Syllabus||CLICK to see the Biotechnology full syllabus|
CLICK to visit the Chemistry full syllabus
CLICK to visit the full Economics syllabus
CLICK to visit the full Geology syllabus
CLICK to visit the full MA syllabus
CLICK to visit the full MS syllabus
Till 2020 IIT JAM organized exam which includes six subjects, but from this year 2021 IIT JAM includes one more subject in the examination list i.e Economics.
40 percent includes Mathematics and 60percent include Statistics.
No, there is no negative in 2021 IIT Jam examination
The exam will be conducted into two shifts: the first half will start at 9:30 am and the nd half starts at 2:00 pm, each shift is for three hours.
There is no such restriction, you can attempt multiple times.