RRB NTPC Fee Refund: Railway Recruitment Board has successfully conducted CBT-1 for NTPC vacancies released back in 2019 under the CEN No. 1/2019. As per the official advertisement, RRB has to initiate a refund to all the candidates who appear in the exam. In a recent notice, RRB has announced the refund date. For RRB NTPC Fee Refund, candidates who have appeared in the exam have to update their bank account details within the specified dates.
UPDATE: The online link for updating bank details for RRB NTPC Fee refund will now be available to extended dates i.e 7th Sep 2021.
RRB NTPC Fee Refund
Lakhs of candidates have appeared in the 1st Computer-Based-Test conducted in seven phases from 28th December 2020 to 31st July 2021 for the selection of 35000+ suitable candidates for the post of NTPC in Indian Railways. All these students were waiting for the refund as notified by the board in the official notice. Finally, the wait is over and examinees who have appeared in the exam can get their refund. Before refund, they are required to update their bank account details in which they will receive their refund.
There has been a long gap between the application period and exam and between this period we can see that many banks have been merged and therefore, their IFSC code and other details have been also changed. Those who are waiting for their refund must update their bank details. Refund will be initiated only to the accounts of the applicants who have taken the exam. The date of updating bank details is from 11th Aug to 31st Aug 2021. The link for updating bank details is provided on the official portal of RRB. Those who have taken the exam will also be notified through email and SMS on their registered mobile numbers.
If you also wish to apply for RRB NTPC Fee refund then you must go through this post. In this article, you will get complete information about the refund such as update schedule, refund amount details for each category, update process, etc.
RRB NTPC Fee Refund: A Brief
|Recruitment||RRB NTPC Recruitment|
|Recruitment Board||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Name of the post||Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) Under Graduate and Graduate|
|No. of vacancies||35208|
|Job Location||PAN India|
|Updating of Bank Account details for the refund||11th to 31st August 2021|
|Mode of data updating||Online|
RRB NTPC Fee Refund Schedule
|Date of RRB NTPC CBT-1||28th December 2020 to 31st July 2021|
|Release of Refund Notice||6th August 2021|
|Date of start of updating Bank Details||11th August 2021|
|Last date for updating bank details||31st August 2021|
How to Update Bank Details for RRB NTPC Fee Refund?
To update the bank details, eligible candidates can follow the given instructions-
- Go to the official website of RRB (www.rrbcdg.gov.in) first.
- Click on “Link for updating bank details” given on the homepage.
- Candidate’s login page for bank details update will open.
- Now, Enter the mandatory details in the respective fields. These details include Candidate’s roll number, Date of birth, and OTP. Enter the captcha code and click on Login button.
- Now, update/submit the bank details or make necessary correction in the already available bank details.
Essentials for Updating for Bank Details
All the candidates who are going to update their bank account details are required to keep the following information/ documents ready with them before updating the details-
- Roll number (refer Admit card of CBT)
- Date of birth
- Registered mobile number/ email
- Bank account details- IFSC code, bank account number, branch, address etc. Keep the bank passbook ready.
RRB NTPC Refund Amount
As the application fee for each category of the candidate was different, the refund amount also varies. Check category-wise fee refund details given in the table below-
|Category||Fee Refund Amount|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Rs.250/-|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs.250/-|
|Female/ Minority/EBC/ Transgender candidates||Rs.250/-|
Note: Refund will be initiated only after the deduction of service/ banking charges.
For any query regarding the RRB NTPC fee refund process, candidates can click on the “Help Desk” link given on the login page. They can submit their query there.
- Only those candidates are eligible for refund who have appeared in the CBT.
- The date for updating/submitting bank details for refund is 31st August (11:59 pm)
- The amount will be refunded only after the verifictaion of candidate’s details/particulars as matched with the record.
- If the claim for refund is incomplete or incorrect then it will be rejected.
- Candidates not submitting valid bank details will not be receiving their fee refund.
- For a single bank account only one refund is allowed.
|RRB NTPC Fee Refund Date extend notice||Click here|
|RRB NTPC Fee Refund Notice||Click Here|
|RRB NTPC Fee Refund Link (Bank Details Update)||Click Here|
|RRB NTPC Result 2021||Click Here|
Only those applicants who have appeared in the CBT-1.
One can update, bank details by visiting the link provided on the official portal of RRB.
The candidates whose refund will be initiated will get notified through emails and SMS.
Refund is subjected to the verification of the candidate’s particulars.