NEET Dress Code 2021: NEET exam is the national level entrance exam conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency) to offer admission to the applicants in the medical course. From NEET 2021 the exam conducting authority has implemented a dress code. For this year also applicants also have to follow the updated NEET Dress Code 2021 as this exam is being conducted amid COVID-19 pandemic. The detailed information on NEET Dress code can be found on NTA NEET information brochure and recent changes in the dress code can be checked below in this article.
NEET Dress code has been the talk of the town since 2018. In order to have transparency and to stop cheating during the exam, NEET has introduced and adopted the concept of a dress code in the exam. In 2018 there was a huge controversy that happened over the dress code of NEET. NEET has cleared it that they will not do any compromise on the dress code. So if you are a NEET 2021 aspirant then you should know about the NEET Dress Code 2021 and follow it to get admission to the exam center smoothly.
- 1 NEET Dress Code 2021
- 2 Instructions to be followed for especially for NEET 2021 Exam
- 3 NEET 2021 Code of Conduct: Barred Items
NEET Dress Code 2021
UPDATE: Last year due to COVID, NTA has made some changes in their NEET Exam Dress Code, now we need to see whether the same will be applicable for this year or not.
NOTE- The dress code mentioned on the official notification has not changed, only NTA has added some points regarding the safety of candidates during the exam against Coronavirus spread.
NEET 2021 aspirants will get all the instructions on the dress code for NEET exam 2021 here. Failing to follow the below-given instructions the applicant may have been declared disqualified to take the exam. As the NEET exam is a prestigious entrance exam of the country and aspirants prepare to take this exam for a complete year so it would be better to be aware of all the rules for this exam instead of facing the issues on the exam day.
Also Check: NEET Answer Keys 2021
You can read the complete details about the NEET 2021 Dress Code and instructions to be followed on the exam day here. Here is a quick view of the dress code set by NEET for the exam day and further in this article, you will get to know in detail about what to wear on NEET exam day;
|What To Wear||What To Avoid|
|Half Sleeves shirts, T-shirts, Dress, etc||Any Full sleeves Shirt or any type of clothing|
|Jeans, Trousers, Salwar||Kurta Payjama, Saree, track pants|
|Mangal Sutra and few bangles (for married female aspirants)||Any jewelry, ring, bracelets, nose rings and chain, etc|
|Small rubber band to tie hair||Hairpins, Big Rubber Bands, etc.|
|Sandals, sleepers||Shoes, Bellies, Sunglasses, Wallet, Handbag, etc|
|face mask and gloves||–|
NEET Dress Code – What to Wear on Exam Day 2021?
NEET aspirants for 2021 are advised to adhere to a certain dress code as decided by the exam conducting authority. This dress code is applied to the clothes, footwear worn by students on the day of the exam and other accessories such as jewelry, belts, caps, etc as that go with the dress worn on the day. As NEET 2021 dress code has been slightly changed due to the pandemic, it is compulsory for all the candidates to wear face masks and gloves and follow all the necessary guidelines.
The dress code of NEET 2021 has also been mention on page 52 of its brochure. Applicants can also have a look at the NEET dress code 2021 imprinted on their NEET admit card 2021. NEET has declared a different dress code for male and female applicants. Let’s have a look at what you can wear on the exam day to take NEET exam and what you will have to avoid wearing to get entry in NEET 2021 exam center.
Instructions to be followed for especially for NEET 2021 Exam
- All the candidates (Both male and female candidates) have to wear a face mask and gloves as a precautionary measure against covid-19.
- A Personal small hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Personal transparent water bottle
- Exam related documents (i.e. Admit Card, ID card, etc)
- Male applicants of NEET 2021 exam can wear light color clothes bottoms like Jeans or pants. The color of shirts should also be light and it should have half sleeves only. Long sleeves dress is not allowed.
- Applicants are suggested to not to wear anything which can create difficulty in frisking & could be used to hide any types of communication devices.
- The button of the shirt should not be too big.
- In footwear, you can wear either sleepers or sandals.
- Sikh aspirants can wear Kada and Katar as per their religious belief.
- Female applicants are also suggested to wear light clothes with half sleeves.
- Applicants can wear Salwar, Trouser with low heel footwear. This is allowed on the exam day to take the examination.
- Female applicants need to choose sleepers or sandals as their footwear.
- While making a choice about your footwear make sure that it should be open and your feet should be visible.
- Muslim female aspirants can wear Burka or hijab on the NEET 2021 exam day as this dress comes in the category of customary clothing.
NEET 2021 Dress Code- What not to Wear on Exam Day?
To ensure smooth and transparent conduct of NEET 2021, candidates are advised not to wear few items on the exam day with them. Previous year in 2018 there was big chaos created when many NEET aspirants were not happy with the frisking and checking procedure. So this year NEET chose not to be in the headlines of national newspapers for all wrong reasons. NEET has already released the guidelines on what to wear and what not to wear on exam day.
We have mentioned above that what can you wear on the NEET exam day. Now have a look at what items you should avoid wearing on NEET 2021.
- For male candidates wearing Kurta Payjama on the exam day will not be accepted at the exam center.
- Heavy Dialed wristwatch, any type of jewelry, and metal bands in the wrist are strictly not allowed on the exam day.
- Any type of shoes (formal or sports) and Track pants are also not allowed in the exam center.
- Jeans are also advised to not to wear on the exam day as frisking in jeans can make you uneasy although NEET hasn’t included it in ‘not to wear on exam day’ category.
- For females, dresses with big buttons, brooch/badge, flower, etc are prohibited on the exam day.
- Avoid Hairpins and bands on exam day. Ornaments like heavy earrings, pendants, nose rings, are also to be avoided as these things are made of metal and take lots of time in metal detector screening.
- Avoid dresses with heavy embroidery on them.
- Avoid shoes or any type of footwear which fully or practically cover your feet.
- Avoid big wristwatch to wear.
- Replace your legging, jegging, and jeans with formal trousers or salwar for NEET exam day.
Why is NEET 2021 Dress Code is strict?
Many NEET aspirants may find the NEET 2021 dress code stringent but the fact is these rules are for their benefit only. These rules are laid out to avoid any malpractices during the exams. Last year, a lot has been talked about checking and frisking which made NEET aspirants uncomfortable. Do not repeat the same incident this year, NEET has released dress code. Frisking will be easier in this dress code and it would consume less time too.
NEET 2021 Code of Conduct: Barred Items
Apart from following the dress code set by NEET for exam day 2021, candidates are expected to follow other rules as well and one of them is not to carry any bared item in the exam room. Here is the list that includes all the items which are not allowed in the NEET 2021 exam room.
- Any stationery item like Geometry or Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Pen, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner, textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, etc.
- Any communication device including Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band, etc.
- Other items like Wallet, Goggles, Handbags, Belt, Cap, etc.
- All ornaments like Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Badge and Brooch, etc. (e)
- Any Watch/Wrist Watch, Bracelet, Camera, etc.
- Any metallic item.
- Any type of food either opened or packed, water bottle, etc.
- Any other item which could be used for unfair means like for hiding any communication device like Bluetooth etc.
NEET 2021 Exam Day Schedule
Aspirants are suggested to reach the exam centers before the reporting time and should all the social distancing norms. Candidates reporting late shall not be allowed in the exam center. Follow the aforementioned dress code on the exam day to prevent yourself from any issue and also take all the precautionary measures to avoid the spread of covid-19 on the exam day.