The Directorate of Medical Education (DME) is the conducting authority that releases the state NEET merit list. The Tamil Nadu NEET Merit list releases 85% of seats that come under the state quota. The Rank list includes the names of the candidates who want to pursue MBBS or BDS courses for their medical studies. In this post, we have compiled all the essential information about the aforementioned topics.
To get admission to the medical colleges of Tamil Nadu the applicants need to score the minimum marks as declared by NTA. Only NEET qualifying applicants have the chance to get admission to medical colleges. Secondly, to get admission in the state quota the applicant needs to have the domicile of the state.
DME Tamil Nadu will prepare the merit list based on the candidates’ marks scored in NEET 2023 exam. Applicants with the domicile of the state will get their names in the Tamil Nadu NEET Merit List 2023. NEET qualified applicants from Tamil Nadu have to register their names online in the registration process to get admission to the medical colleges of the state.
TN NEET Merit List 2023
NTA released NEET 2023 result and after declaring the result it will be forwarded to MCC and NEET state counselling authorities. Based on the data given by NTA the MCC prepares the Merit list for All India Quota and state authorities prepare the merit list of their state. That’s how the process of Merit List preparation goes on. For Tamil Nadu, the Directorate of Medical Education (DME) releases the merit list for the state quota and MCC released the merit list for All India Quota.
Tamil Nadu has nearly 40000+ MBBS and 1000+ BDS seats in various medical and dental colleges. Applicants having domicile of the state have to register online registration and based on the marks of the registered NEET qualified applicants a merit list is prepared. On the basis of the merit list, state NEET authority will conduct the counselling process.
The TN merit list for state quota contains the following information; candidates’ rank, Candidate’s name, category of the candidate, NEET score, and category rank. In-state merit list the candidates’ rank is strictly based on the marks scored by them. The admission authority of Tamil Nadu will prepare a separate merit list for seats under state quota, management quota, and NRI quota.
Tamilnadu NEET 2023 Merit List
Candidates can check the merit list for all types of quota seats.
|Management quota||Check here|
|Government quota (9.5%)||Check here|
|Government quota for (92.5%)||Check here|
|for 7.5% reservation candidates|
|PWD candidate List|
|IRD Candidates List|
|Malayalam Minority Management|
|Christian Minority Management|
|Telugu Minority Management|
|MBBS Course in CMC|
How To Download NEET Tamil Nadu Merit List 2023?
The NEET MBBS Tamil Nadu merit list is made available online for the applicants. The merit list can be easily downloaded from the official website of DME by following the steps given below-
- Step 1- Visit the website of https://tnhealth.tn.gov.in/ as the list will be uploaded on it. We will also update a link in this post to take you directly to the Tamil Nadu NEET merit list 2023.
- Step 2- Click on the link of Tamil Nadu Rank List 2023 on the website.
- Step 3- A PDF list will appear on the screen, look for your name in the list.
- Step 4- If the list contains your name then you will definitely get an intimation to appear in the counselling process to get admission to the medical courses.
- Step 5- It is important to download the TN NEET Rank List for future reference and admission.
Details Mentioned On NEET MBBS Tamil Nadu Rank List
The NEET MBBS Tamil Nadu Merit list will contain the below-mentioned information about the candidates-
- Name of the Student
- Registration Number of the student
- NEET Marks scored by the student
- TN State Merit Rank of applicant
- Students’ Category
NEET MBBS Tamil Nadu Rank List 2023 – Tie-Breaking Criteria
Lakhs of students appear in the NEET examination every year and thousands of them are from Tamil Nadu state. When a huge number of students appear in the examination then the chances of two or more applicants scoring the same marks rises. If two or more applicants score the same marks then also they don’t get the same rank in the TN NEET MBBS Rank List. The officials follow the below-mentioned rules as a tiebreaker to determine NEET Rank List for admission to MBBS/BDS program.
- Tie Rule 1: Applicants with higher marks in Biology will score a higher rank.
- Tie Rule 2: If candidates score the same marks in the bio then marks in chemistry are compared and the candidate with higher marks in chemistry is ranked higher in the Merit list.
- Tie Rule 3: If a tie still persists then the candidates with a lesser number of NEET exam incorrect responses will be eligible to get preference in the rank list.
- Tie Rule 4: If all the aforementioned rules could not break the tie then the candidate older in age will get a higher rank in the NEET MBBS merit list.
Also Read: TN NEET Cut Off Marks
Tamil Nadu Counselling Process 2023
The counselling process in order to get admission in the medical courses of Tamil Nadu will start after TN NEET merit list 2023 state quota will be released. Applicants will have to register online to take part in the counselling process. The authorities of Tamil Nadu prepared the merit list based on the data of registered applicants. Here, is the tentative schedule of Tamil Nadu counselling 2023-
The Bottom Line
In this post, we have compiled all the information about the Tamil Nadu NEET Merit List 2023. Still, the authorities haven’t released the merit list for the state.
We will update a direct link in this post as soon as the TN NEET merit list is released meanwhile you can keep checking our website to get all the updates about the aforementioned topic.
In case of any further query you can write to us in the comment box below, we shall revert you with an appropriate answer.