NEET Merit List 2022: NTA conducts the NEET examination to offer admission to eligible candidates in MBBS and BDS colleges. NTA published the NEET Result 2022 on 7th September along with the All India Rank. NTA releases two types of lists with the NEET Result, AIQ (All India Quota) and AIR (All India Rank). Students can access the All India Rank or the Merit list online from the official website of NTA NEET.
Every year with the result a Merit list of NEET is released by the exam conducting authorities and a list of students that topped the list and become idol for others. This year National Testing Agency (NTA) released NEET Result 2022 and NEET merit list on 7th September 2022.
NEET Merit List 2022
The NEET merit list contains information about the NEET qualifiers like their roll number, score, rank, etc. Here are the important dates associated with NEET Merit List 2022.
The NEET Merit list 2022 is prepared on the basis of the NEET 2022 result. Further, the counselling process in all the colleges is conducted on the basis of NEET Merit List whereas the allotment of the seats is done as per the reservation policy stipulated for the medical exam. All applicants need to score the minimum cut off marks as per the NEET 2022 result to get a place in the NEET Merit list 2022.
NEET Merit list is prepared on the basis of the NEET result and it is prepared and released by the NTA. Further, the NTA shares the NEET merit list with the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), the central counselling conducting body for medical colleges. Then DGHS forward the NEET merit list to the state and union territories medical admission counselling bodies. Based on this merit list the states and union territories prepare a merit list to offer admission to the students in their colleges. Based on the merit lists only the state and UT colleges release the seat matrix. NEET Merit list will be having the names and the ranks of the qualified applicants. The merit list will be of three types;
|NEET Merit List||Rank Provided|
|All India Merit List/Overall Merit List||All India Rank (AIR)|
|AIQ Merit List||All India Quota (AIQ) Rank|
|States’ Merit Lists||State Rank|
NEET All India Merit List
The all-India merit list will have the names of all applicants who have appeared in the NEET examination 2022. This list will reflect the overall performance of the candidates in the NEET examination. The rank of the applicant will signify his/her position among all the applicants from all over the country. This list has the name of those applicants as well who could not qualify for the NEET exam.
NEET All India Quota (AIQ) Merit List
All India Quota lists will be having the name of all those applicants who have qualified for the NEET examination. Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to get admission state merit list. Only those applicants from J&K can get their name in the AIQ list that has signed the declaration form while filling the NEET application form 2022. On the basis of the All India Merit list, the counselling process is conducted for the 15% of seats in the medical colleges.
NEET States Merit List
The counselling process conducted by the authorities of different states for the 85% seats of the medical colleges is based on the State Merit list. State merit lists are declared by the different authorities for the different states. In a college of any state, 15% of seats are reserved for the All India Quota, and the rest 85% of seats are available for the State quota. The state quota seats are filled by this merit. The State’s merit is prepared after the counselling process is initiated by the colleges. To get admission under the state quota and to get placed on the State merit list the applicant needs to have the domicile of that state.
Rank in all three types of the list will depend on the scored marks of the candidate.
NEET Merit/Rank List Important Dates 2022
|NEET 2022 Result Declaration||7 September|
|Issuance of NEET 2022 Rank Letters (Indicating All India Rank and AIQ rank)||–|
|1st round of Counselling (AIQ and Deemed/Central)||NA|
|Second round of Counselling (AIQ and Deemed/Central)||NA|
|Mop Up counselling round for Deemed/Central Universities||NA|
|State counselling begins from||NA|
Eligibility for NEET UG Merit List 2022
To get a place on the NEET merit list, the applicant must have the following qualities then only he/she will be considered eligible to get a place on the merit list.
- Candidate’s age should be 17 years.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a government-recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- Applicants from the general category must have scored 50% marks in the qualifying exam and NEET.
- For applicants from the OBC/SC/ST Category, it is necessary to score 45% marks in the NEET exam to get their name placed on the merit list.
- Physically handicapped candidates from general category will have to score 45% marks in the qualifying exam and NEET.
NEET 2022 Qualifying Marks
Here are the expected NEET qualifying marks for NEET 2022. Candidates need to score a minimum of the marks mentioned below to qualify NEET 2022. The marks mentioned below are based on the factors like difficulty level of the NEET exam, the number of students who appeared in the exam, and a number of available seats. The marks mentioned below are just assumptions and the cut-off marks released by NEET may be different from the below-given marks.
|Category of the students||Qualifying Marks (Out of 720)|
|General Students (UR)||715-117|
|PH applicants from General (UR)||116-105|
|PH Students from OBC/SC/ST||104-93|
NEET Rank list for 15% All India Quota Seats
As stated above, the NEET AIQ merit list will be released by NTA separately. This merit list will be prepared by the NTA for 15% All India Quota (AIQ) admissions. Only those candidates will be eligible to get a place in this merit list who will qualify NEET 2022 by scoring equal to or more marks equivalent to the cutoff of NEET 2022. Here is the important information related to the NEET Merit list of AIQ.
- The merit list will have as many names as the number of seats available under All India Quota.
- Counselling of the candidates who get a place in All India Quota merit list will be done on the basis of their AIQ Rank.
- In AIQ merit list also there will be a waiting list equal to 4 times the name is in the merit list or as required by the DGHS (Director General of Health Services).
- Applicants from Jammu and Kashmir have to produce a self-declaration form for participating in All India Quota Counselling whereas the applicants from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana can participate in All India Quota Counselling without submitting a self-declaration form.
NEET Rank/Merit List for seats under 85% State Quota
For the remaining seats in the medical colleges, the NTA gives the rank list to the admission authorities of respective states. The respective state counselling authorities prepare their separate NEET 2022 State merit lists.
Here is the important information related to the NEET Merit list 2022
- Under the state quota, the admission of the candidates will be done on the basis of their All India Rank.
- Medical colleges and the admitting authorities will release the cut-off for admission in their institute and invite the eligible students based on their All India Rank released by NTA.
- The government colleges of the state government will give preference to the candidates with the domicile of the state.
- State counselling authorities will conduct the counselling of the eligible applicants for admission in the medical courses offered by the medical college of the state.
- Deemed Universities of the state will conduct their own counselling procedure.
- Candidates who wish to take admission to AFMC must apply separately on their website as they hold a second screening process.
- The state merit list will carry the names of all the NEET qualifiers who have registered for participating in the state counselling.
- State merit list of NEET will also provide state rank of the candidate which indicates the rank of a candidate amongst all the NEET qualified candidates participating in the state MBBS/BDS Counselling.
NEET Rank List – Tie-Breaking Criteria
As lakhs of applicants appear in the NEET examination every year so there are chances of two or more two applicants of scoring the same marks. in order to prepare the NEET Merit List the authority has prepared some tie-breaking rules that are used in case of the same score marks by two or more applicants. The tie-breaking rules for NEET 2022 merit are listed below.
- If two applicants score the same marks in the NEET 2022 then the one with higher marks in biology will get a higher rank.
- If the tie will not break with the first rule then applicants with higher marks in chemistry will be grant a higher rank.
- If still there is a tie then the candidate will less wrong answers in the NEET exam will get the higher rank.
- If a tie remains unbreakable then the elder applicant will get a higher rank in the NEET merit list 2022.
NEET Counselling 2022
After the declaration of the NEET result 2022, the candidates who have scored the qualifying marks will be called for the counselling procedure arranged by various universities all over the country. Usually, the counselling procedure for admission to medical courses starts in June every year. Applicants will be called for the counselling procedure based on their All India Rank and the state Rank.
Applicants will have to apply online for the counselling process and lock their choice of course and college on the web portal of the medical colleges. After the declaration of NEET results and cut-off, the candidates who will qualify the exam will be called for the counselling procedure. Applicants will be issued a call letter that will have the information related to counselling of NEET like schedule, procedure, fee, etc. NEET Counselling will be held by different authorities, here are the details of same.
NEET AIQ Counselling by MCC
MCC will conduct the counselling on the seats that comes under the state quota. Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), will conduct the NEET 2022 counselling for All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across all states (except Jammu and Kashmir)
Counselling for the seats reserved for Wards of Insured Persons (IP quota) in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical colleges, 100 percent seats in Deemed and Central universities and Seats at the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune are also done by the DGFS.
For admission to government medical and dental colleges, two counselling rounds will be arranged. For admission to Deemed Universities for MBBS and dental courses, three counselling processes will be conducted.
Counselling by State Authorities
Counselling for the state quota seats for admission in the remaining 85% seats in medical and dental colleges of the states will be done by the respective state counselling authorities. This counselling process will start at the same time at different medical colleges in different states.
If you have any questions related to NEET merit list 2022 for AIQ and State quota, then you can comment below and our team will assist you ASAP.