Jammu & Kashmir GDS Merit List 2020– India post officials have introduced a total of 442 vacant GDS positions for candidates of J&K. Application form submission procedure has been ended now. Applicants who have submitted Jammu & Kashmir Gramin Dak Sevak post are keenly waiting for the result.
As all candidates know that, India post administrators don’t organize examination for GDS post and the result (merit list) of GDS will be conferred to applicants in pdf format. After the result announcement merit list will also be prepared by officials. While reading this article, aspirants will come to know about several things concerning Jammu & Kashmir GDS merit list.
- 1 Jammu & Kashmir GDS Merit List 2020
- 2 How JK GDS Merit List will be prepared?
Jammu & Kashmir GDS Merit List 2020
Officials has announced the result of Jammu and Kashmir Circle GDS on the official portal. The result can directly be downloaded to your system. Authorities has also sent messages and letters to those applicants who be selected. J&K GDS result was under process and expected to be declared in the month of September 2020. Whenever officials provided any latest news regarding result dates, we have also update you accordingly. After result publication, officials will conduct a document verification process for all eligible applicants.
Latest Update: JK GDS Merit List 2020 has been released now. All candidates can download merit list pdf file from below link.
Information Present on J&K GDS Result 2020
This section of article will tell you the type of details mentioned on the GDS result. We have also uploaded the photo of result under this section for the understanding of applicants. Check the information given below in points.
- Name of the Selected Applicants with their Percentage
- Head Office Name
- Number of Vacancies
- Name of Sub Office
- Branch Office Name
- Name of Post
- Registration Number of Candidates
- Category of Aspirants
Review of J&K GDS Merit List 2020
|Name of Conducting Department||India Post|
|Name of Postal Circle||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Name of Post||Gramin Dak Sevak|
|Total Number of Empty Posts||442 Vacancies|
|Last Date of Submitting Application Form||5th/ August/ 2020|
|Result Announcement Date||30 September 2020|
|Recruitment Process||Merit List and Document Verification|
|Format of Result||PDF Format|
|GDS Official Portal||www.appost.in|
|India Post Official Website||www.india.post.gov.in|
|Jammu and Kashmir Postal Site||jkpost.gov.in|
How JK GDS Merit List will be prepared?
- There will be no examination conducted for GDS Jammu and Kashmir recruitment. So, the selection will be made totally based on the merit list.
- Officials will prepare the merit list on the basis of 10th class percentage. Those candidates who have scored high will be given preference.
- It does not matter whether candidates have completed their higher qualification or not only the percentage of 10th class is necessary.
- The merit list also depends on number of posts and the total number of application forms submitted for the GDS position.
Procedure of Checking J&K GDS 2020 Merit List
Many applicants are searching for the procedure to download the merit list of Gramin Dak Sevak post. This section of articles provides you one by one simple steps to check the selection list.
1st Step- Candidates must visit the official portal of Gramin Dak Sevak that is @appost.in.
2nd Step- Then click on “Result” tab from menu bar on the homepage.
3rd Step- A drop-down box will appear on your screen, select “Jammu and Kashmir (Cycle II- 442 post)” link.
4th Step- After clicking on the link, pdf format of merit list will be downloaded on your system.
5th Step- Open the selection list pdf on your device and search your name on it.
6th Step- Officials will also send SMS and letter to those aspirants who will be selected for GDS post.
Recommended Read —- Rajasthan GDS Recruitment 2020
Expected Cut off Marks for JK Circle Cycle II
Cut off will be released by authorities on the official portal. 10th Class percentage of applicants must be equal or more than the cut-off marks to achieve the post. In the given table we have written down the presumed cut-off percentage according to the category of aspirants.
|Category of Applicant||Range of Cut off Percentage||Number Post (Category-wise)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Above 82%||46 Vacancies|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||Above 85%||109 Vacancies|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Above 80%||42 Vacancies|
|Unreserved (UR)||Above 89%||180 Vacancies|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||Above 84%||46 Vacancies|
|Persons with Disabilities ( PwD – A)||Above 78%||12 Vacancies|
|Persons with Disabilities ( PwD – B)||Above 78%||3 Vacancies|
|Persons with Disabilities ( PwD – C)||Above 78%||3 Vacancies|
|Persons with Disabilities ( PwD – DE)||Above 78%||1 Vacancy|
Certificates to Carry During GDS Document Verification
After the release of merit list and cut off, all those applicants who will be selected have to go documents verification procedure. These are the name of certificates which candidates have to carry at the centre for confirmation.
- 10th (High School)/SSLC/SSC Marksheet and Certificates
- Caste Certificate of Applicant
- 2 Months of Computer knowledge Trained Certificates
- Physically Disables Certificate (if applicable)
Essential Points for J&K Gramin Dak Sevak Result 2020
- An applicant can apply for a maximum 20 number of posts according to their preference in one application form.
- Candidates must have passed 10th standard from any recognized board of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Applicants who have grades in 10th class need to convert their grades into marks.
- Merit list will depend on the percentage of 10th class.
- SMS and letter will be sent by officials to those applicants who will be selected for the respective post.
Jammu & Kashmir GDS Merit List- FAQ’s
It has been released on 30th September 2020.
Rupees 12000 to Rs.14500 for JK Branch Post Master
Rupees 10000 to 12000 for Jammu Kashmir Postal Circle Assistant Branch Post Master, Dak Sevak
No, according to official notification no exam will be organized for GDS. Recruitment will be totally based on merit list.
Yes, applicants who applied for Gramin Dak Sevak post must hold a computer knowledge certificate and it must be of atleast 2 months.
In three months you will be called for joining but it also depends on the circle for which you have applied.