DET Odisha Polytechnic Merit List 2020 PDF for first-year diploma admission has published on
22nd September 2020 30th September 2020 as per the schedule. It has been available on the SAMS Odisha portal for information to the candidates who have attended the document verification round.
DET Odisha Diploma Merit List 2020 will be uploaded as pdf file which will make it easy for all the candidates to access the merit list without any difficulty. Once it will be published on SAMS portal we will also share it on this page for our readers.
DET Odisha Polytechnic Merit List 2020
UPDATE: As DET Odisha Polytechnic 1st Sem Merit List is available now. Check download link.
In this article, we have provided all the crucial details related to DET Odisha polytechnic merit list for 1st phase. It consists of information like merit list and counseling schedule, online method to access the merit, information mentioned on merit list, types of merit list, reservation, etc.
Odisha Polytechnic/Diploma 2020 Admissions- Details
|Admission||DET Odisha Polytechnic Diploma Admission|
|Article category||DET Odisha Poly Merit list|
|Counseling Authority||Directorate of Technical Education and Training, Govt. of Odisha|
|e-Admission system||Students Academic Management System (SAMS)|
|Display of merit list|
30th September 2020 (Released)
|Mode of display of merit list||Online|
|Official website|| https://dtetodisha.gov.in |
SAMS Odisha Diploma Merit List- Important Dates
Check the counseling schedule for phase I given in the table below-
|Application procedure||20th June to |
24th September 2020
|Document verification||1st July to |
26th September 2020
|Publication of Merit list|
|Commencement of registration and choice filling by the eligible candidate|
|Last date of choice filling|
3rd October 2020
|Seat allotment Result (1st round)|
7th October 2020
|Last date for part admission fee deposit|
10th October 2020
Odisha Polytechnic Merit List 2020
Odisha Diploma 1st Year Admission merit list will be out on
22nd Sep 2020 30th September 2020. It will be made available to candidates only through the official website. Merit list will be based on the mark of the candidates in qualifying exam as no entrance test was conducted for admission by DTE, Odisha.
Separate merit list will be generated and released for each category of the candidates as per the reservation policy. The different types of merit lists include a General Merit, Merit list for S-Domicile, Z-Domicile, and L-Domicile.
Also Read: DET Odisha Application Form
How is DET Odisha Poly Merit List Prepare?
While preparing the merit list, sometimes it happens that two or more candidates obtain equal marks. To break the tie and determine the merit, a tiebreaker rule is followed.
Check the rules which are followed to determine the merit of the candidates given as under-
- For 1st Semester Diploma in Engg./ Technology, Non-Engg. (Beauty Culture only)
- Higher marks percentage in Mathematics
- If tie still persists, higher marks in science will be considered
- If tie still persists, higher marks in English will be ranked high.
- If tie still persists, candidates older in age will be given preference
- For 1st Semester/ Year Diploma in Non-Engineering (Except Beauty Culture)
- Higher marks percentage in English.
- If tie still persists, candidates older in age will be given preference.
DET Odisha Polytechnic Reservation
The category-wise reservation provided to the resident of the state as per the Government of Odisha reservation policy is as follow-
|Schedule Caste (SC)||16.25%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||22.50%|
|Children/Wards of Ex-Servicemen||2%|
|Children of Green Card Holder||5%|
|The sports candidate representing the state during last two years||0.5%|
|Candidate passing NCC (A/B/C certificate examination)||1%|
|Women students in all Co-ed polytechnics Engineering Schools in each category||30%|
The aforementioned information plays an important role in preparation of merit list.
How to check SAMS Odisha Diploma Merit List?
DET Odisha merit lists can be downloaded by following the instructions given below-
Check >>> Appointment Letter Templates
- Visit the official SAMS portal (http://samsodisha.gov.in/).
- Click on Diploma (Polytechnic) option.
- Hit the merit list link.
- Select the relevant merit list option you are looking for.
- Merit list will be appeared.
- Check the name in the list.
- Download the merit list for references in future.
SAMS Odisha Diploma Merit List 2020– CLICK HERE
Particulars on DET Odisha Polytechnic Merit list
Those who are waiting for the release of merit list may find following information printed on it-
- Names of the shortlisted candidates
- Registration number
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Domicile status
- Marks percentage
- Other information
What after the publication of DET Odisha Diploma 2020 Merit list?
Merit list will be prepared on the basis of merit of the candidates in the qualifying exam, their eligibility and document verification. It will indicate the names of the candidates who will be shortlisted for next round of admission. These candidates will become eligible to fill the registration process for counseling and submit online choices for the preferred diploma course and polytechnic institute.
Shortlisted students have to fill the online options by logging to the official portal within the stipulated time frame. They must fill choices carefully as seat allotment will be based on it.
Once choice filling process will be over, seat allotment result for 1st round is announced. It is declared on 30th September on the official portal. After seat allotment, candidates who will be allotted course and college have to report the allotted college for admission. After that second round of seat allotment will be commenced for those who will be not allotted seats in 1st round.
Important Points Related to DET Odisha Poly Merit list 2020
- Merit list for first round has been published on 30th September.
- It will be uploaded on SAMS e-admission portal.
- Separate merit lists will be released for different categories of candidates.
- Only those candidates will be considered for merit who have attended the document verification round.
- Merit list will be generated on the basis of marks of candidates in the qualifying exam.
- No entrance exam was conducted to prepare merit.
- Merit list will be uploaded in the form of pdf which can be easily accessed with the use of login details.
- On the basis of merit, candidates will become eligible to submit choices and participate in further admission rounds.
- Candidates should stay in touch with the website to get regular updates on polytechnic diploma admission process.